or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4854

post #72796 of 94370
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post
 They are really fantastic DV

thank you bkotsko.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrobit View Post
 Those are phenomenal. Love the slight colour variation in the vamp compared to the rest of the boot

thank you sir. the color variations are an acquired taste.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post
 Ravello week for you?

yes, but I hear its going to rain tomorrow. I wear scotch grain in the rain.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonsmithr8 View Post
He does it again! 👌👍

thank you sir.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post
Super nice boots MrDV.

thanks be.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackboard_knowledge View Post
Beautiful! What last are these?

thank you. these are on the barrie, but they look much sleeker than other barrie boots I have.

post #72797 of 94370
Quote:
Originally Posted by coinopcollector View Post

Can anyone tell me what you think an Aberdeen 11.5D would translate to in Barrie? I wear a Barrie 10D. I have a chance to pick up an Aberdeen 11.5d blucher for a good price. I have tried on an Aberdeen in 10.5 D and they were snug. Any thoughts?

Aberdeen 11.5 would be too long for a true barrie 10.

post #72798 of 94370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouldaville View Post
 

Sorry if there have been too many photos of these, but mine just arrived.

 

great shoes and color. that's one of the nicest pictures ive seen of this model. congratulations.

post #72799 of 94370
Quote:
Originally Posted by TO Tie Guy View Post


Beautiful shoes!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post
 

great shoes and color. that's one of the nicest pictures ive seen of this model. congratulations.

 

Thanks guys. I was pleased (as one can be) to see the "low low" price of $695. The cigar aberdeen cap toe is coming soon too, and I may have to say no to that one if $745 (especially after this one).

post #72800 of 94370

Where are the cigar CT shoes coming from?

post #72801 of 94370
Quote:
Originally Posted by thams View Post

Where are the cigar CT shoes coming from?

DC I think most sizes are at least a couple of people deep.
post #72802 of 94370
Quote:
Originally Posted by TO Tie Guy View Post


DC I think most sizes are at least a couple of people deep.

Yeah, I figured as much.  I'm sure 8.5D is full up to the brim.  There's always next time.

post #72803 of 94370
Quote:
Originally Posted by TO Tie Guy View Post

DC I think most sizes are at least a couple of people deep.

Size 9D was eight people deep as of 1 week ago....facepalm.gif
post #72804 of 94370
Quote:
Originally Posted by thams View Post
 

Yeah, I figured as much.  I'm sure 8.5D is full up to the brim.  There's always next time.

It's worth a call. When I spoke to DC a few weeks ago, there weren't many on the list, but it was posted here and I believe it is a small order. An aberdeen straight tip may not be the most popular model (although Mac's photos could change minds). Also, if the cigar cap toe boot comes in around the same time, those on both lists will likely drop the shoe.  

post #72805 of 94370
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironclad View Post


Size 9D was eight people deep as of 1 week ago....facepalm.gif

The cigar aberdeen shoe or grant boot? I can understand the boot. 

post #72806 of 94370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouldaville View Post

The cigar aberdeen shoe or grant boot? I can understand the boot. 
Grant cigar cap toe boot.
post #72807 of 94370
There's a nice pair of Ravello LWBs on grailed right now. Size 12 (.5 too big for me)
post #72808 of 94370
Quote:
Originally Posted by coinopcollector View Post

Can anyone tell me what you think an Aberdeen 11.5D would translate to in Barrie? I wear a Barrie 10D. I have a chance to pick up an Aberdeen 11.5d blucher for a good price. I have tried on an Aberdeen in 10.5 D and they were snug. Any thoughts?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Too big


MUCH too big.  I wear 9.5E/10D barrie and 10E aberdeen.  11.5D aberdeen isn't even in the same ball park.  Sorry friend...

post #72809 of 94370
Quote:
Originally Posted by coinopcollector View Post

As noted in my original post, Aberdeen 10.5 is snug. I'm a solid Barrie 10D and feel the best choice would be Aberdeen 11D. That said facing a good deal ( if they will fit) I'm wondering how much extra room the 11.5 D might offer. Aberdeen is so narrow I think generally the rule is full size up from Barrie as opposed to 1/2.

The general rule of thumb here is 1/2 size up from barrie and maybe up a width as well.  The aberdeen is a long slender last.  I haven't heard anyone here claim one full size up.

 

Can you buy and return if they do not fit??

post #72810 of 94370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouldaville View Post
 

Sorry if there have been too many photos of these, but mine just arrived.

 

 

Are you 10D??  I think these beauties just slipped through my hands, ugh!  Congrats my friend, enjoy in great health!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***