or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4853

post #72781 of 98840
Quote:
Originally Posted by coinopcollector View Post

Can anyone tell me what you think an Aberdeen 11.5D would translate to in Barrie? I wear a Barrie 10D. I have a chance to pick up an Aberdeen 11.5d blucher for a good price. I have tried on an Aberdeen in 10.5 D and they were snug. Any thoughts?

It would fit me... Any chance you want to pass on the savings?
post #72782 of 98840
Quote:
Originally Posted by coinopcollector View Post

Can anyone tell me what you think an Aberdeen 11.5D would translate to in Barrie? I wear a Barrie 10D. I have a chance to pick up an Aberdeen 11.5d blucher for a good price. I have tried on an Aberdeen in 10.5 D and they were snug. Any thoughts?

Aberdeen 11 or 10.5 would fit someone who fit into a 10D Barrie, but they're completely different lasts

post #72783 of 98840
Quote:
Originally Posted by anrobit View Post

Aberdeen 11 or 10.5 would fit someone who fit into a 10D Barrie, but they're completely different lasts
As noted in my original post, Aberdeen 10.5 is snug. I'm a solid Barrie 10D and feel the best choice would be Aberdeen 11D. That said facing a good deal ( if they will fit) I'm wondering how much extra room the 11.5 D might offer. Aberdeen is so narrow I think generally the rule is full size up from Barrie as opposed to 1/2.
post #72784 of 98840

It may have been already discussed but do you put "topy's" (or any other brand's rubber pad)  on your alden? 

post #72785 of 98840
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post
 

I'd really like to know how these jcrew seconds keep popping up.. I talked with someone down in Lynchburg and she said they do not get third party merchandise there, but then I read elsewhere that they are being funneled through Jcrews outlet place down there.

 

if so, It'd almost be worth the hike

The resellers seem to have a pretty good hold on the J Crew warehouse stuff. 

post #72786 of 98840
Quote:
Originally Posted by coinopcollector View Post

Can anyone tell me what you think an Aberdeen 11.5D would translate to in Barrie? I wear a Barrie 10D. I have a chance to pick up an Aberdeen 11.5d blucher for a good price. I have tried on an Aberdeen in 10.5 D and they were snug. Any thoughts?

 

Too long for you. Aberdeen is generally TTS.

post #72787 of 98840

Sorry if there have been too many photos of these, but mine just arrived.

 

post #72788 of 98840
Wow that shade is awesome. Much more Ravello-esqe then my LWB's
post #72789 of 98840
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitchottie View Post

Alright I bought them. The same guy had a pair of blue suede Alden's for jcrew as we'll in size 11.

I've been looking for blue suede shoes. Too bad they're not an 8.5.
post #72790 of 98840
Hope everyone gets nice cigar captoe boots, they are among the best models available

I need to cal to see if those ravello medallion captoes were ordered in E width.
post #72791 of 98840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Hope everyone gets nice cigar captoe boots, they are among the best models available

I need to cal to see if those ravello medallion captoes were ordered in E width.

 

These feel wide to me even in TTS D width. My Plaza boot in the same size does not have this much room. It may still be a little tight for a true E foot.

    

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Wow that shade is awesome. Much more Ravello-esqe then my LWB's

 

Some of it is the lighting and camera, but these also seem a little lighter than the Ravello chukka from a few months ago. 

post #72792 of 98840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouldaville View Post

Sorry if there have been too many photos of these, but mine just arrived.





Where did you score those? Ravello cap toe medallion blucher? Very nice!
post #72793 of 98840
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post


Where did you score those? Ravello cap toe medallion blucher? Very nice!

Thanks...DC.

post #72794 of 98840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouldaville View Post

Thanks...DC.

Beautiful shoes!
post #72795 of 98840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Hope everyone gets nice cigar captoe boots, they are among the best models available

I need to cal to see if those ravello medallion captoes were ordered in E width.

They were not. By the time I talked with DC all the slots were full, and there wouldn't have been a 10.5E anyway.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***