or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4851

post #72751 of 98861
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post

I am 8.5D
I wouldn't have hesitated if they were my size.

I would get it on it as well. so many of us with 8.5D in Barrie.
post #72752 of 98861
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post
 

PSA:

Leffot just posted on IG that they have a single pair of Color 8 tankers in 8.0 D Barrie leftover stock.

email them info@leffot.com

got em'! Now I'm glad I lost that eBay auction on the JCrew #8 captoe boots earlier today.

post #72753 of 98861
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikW View Post
 

got em'!

Congrats Erik.

post #72754 of 98861

Oh damn, I emailed too late, congrats man.

 

Anyone know any jcrew coupon codes that'll work on the color 8 captoes?  that'll be the alternative...cheaper too I guess.

post #72755 of 98861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbear View Post

Oh damn, I emailed too late, congrats man.

Anyone know any jcrew coupon codes that'll work on the color 8 captoes?  that'll be the alternative...cheaper too I guess.

It will be cheaper if you get a coupon for sure. I bough my color 8 captoe from J Crew for $576 with taxes/shipping last week. Shipping in May though.
post #72756 of 98861

^ yea, they just restocked all the sizes (mine was OOS) and shipping in June now.

 

Now if I can only get a coupon to work...we'll see.

post #72757 of 98861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post


It will be cheaper if you get a coupon for sure. I bough my color 8 captoe from J Crew for $576 with taxes/shipping last week. Shipping in May though.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbear View Post
 

^ yea, they just restocked all the sizes (mine was OOS) and shipping in June now.

 

Now if I can only get a coupon to work...we'll see.

I thought that coupons didn't work on jCrew Aldens? How did you get around that?

post #72758 of 98861
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikW View Post

I thought that coupons didn't work on jCrew Aldens? How did you get around that?

Every once in a while one of the codes will slip through the cracks and will work. I got my J. Crew PCT boots with a discount last year.
post #72759 of 98861
Anyone else run across these on ebay ? Definitely a style of their own



post #72760 of 98861
Another 8D PSA: I passed on a pair of Cigar PTB's a few days ago and had them shipped back to Alden DC. Should have arrived back by now.

Color is beautiful, and I love the antique edging on this model. Passed because of some blemishes I noticed on the shoe. Looks like finish pulled off, but you can't really tell unless in bright lighting or sunlight.

Might be able to work out something. Also you can probably ask to have them sent back to Alden to refinish, but I would avoid this as I have learned from experience while this minor problem may be fixed, another may be created.

Pics here:


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


post #72761 of 98861
Quote:
Originally Posted by justuhgeek View Post

Another 8D PSA: I passed on a pair of Cigar PTB's a few days ago and had them shipped back to Alden DC. Should have arrived back by now.

Color is beautiful, and I love the antique edging on this model. Passed because of some blemishes I noticed on the shoe. Looks like finish pulled off, but you can't really tell unless in bright lighting or sunlight.

Might be able to work out something. Also you can probably ask to have them sent back to Alden to refinish, but I would avoid this as I have learned from experience while this minor problem may be fixed, another may be created.

 

Hmmmmmmm, this might be a good deal if Kathy will take a little of the price...  Did she offer anything like to you when you told her that you were returning them?  I'm torn between a pair of these or cigar cap toes in 4-5 months.  The boots might be more my style, but I love these too.

post #72762 of 98861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post


I would get it on it as well. so many of us with 8.5D in Barrie.

 

Why is it when I'm trying to sell my Alfred Sargents there's noone with my shoe size in that thread but over here apparently half of you have the same size foot I do?

post #72763 of 98861
Quote:
Originally Posted by thams View Post

Hmmmmmmm, this might be a good deal if Kathy will take a little of the price...  Did she offer anything like to you when you told her that you were returning them?  I'm torn between a pair of these or cigar cap toes in 4-5 months.  The boots might be more my style, but I love these too.

When I was ordering them, I recall her telling me that there was a blemish on the shoe. And she repeated this. Don't know whether her intention was to make sure I was prepared to take the dive or to hint at a possible discount opportunity. Perhaps both.

I didn't want to go through the whole Alden refinishing process again, so I passed on these and picked up a pair of Leffot Dovers on B&S here instead. When I called back to return them, I did not inquire about a discount, but I'm sure one could be asked for.

Funny you say that, I'm on the list for the DC CT Boot, and will wait for the next order of the Cigar PTBs. 4-5 months? Was hoping sooner...
post #72764 of 98861
Quote:
Originally Posted by justuhgeek View Post

Funny you say that, I'm on the list for the DC CT Boot, and will wait for the next order of the Cigar PTBs. 4-5 months? Was hoping sooner...

Well, if they're doing another run of Cigar PTBs then maybe I'll just wait for that.  Not on that list though, so no telling where I would fall in grand order.  A pair of Cigar LWBs would be killer, but beggers can't be choosers.  I'm really pumped about the cigar CT boot though.  

post #72765 of 98861
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitchottie View Post

You guys think these are worth $250.00




Alright I bought them. The same guy had a pair of blue suede Alden's for jcrew as we'll in size 11.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***