or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4840

post #72586 of 87611
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjuiceman View Post
 

Why not get a cotton ball, stick it over the opening of the can, and flip the can? 

 

now you have to come along with the common sense and all that lol..

 

it's a little clumpy, so some pressing of the housing would be required to bring material to the cotton ball, but I guess that would work. the tool man in man sees a bad of 25 daubers that will never get used in their lifetime simplifying the process..

 

off to research. will update with results, in case any neurotics such as myself care lol 

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #72587 of 87611
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post
 

 

now you have to come along with the common sense and all that lol..

 

it's a little clumpy, so some pressing of the housing would be required to bring material to the cotton ball, but I guess that would work. the tool man in man sees a bad of 25 daubers that will never get used in their lifetime simplifying the process..

 

off to research. will update with results, in case any neurotics such as myself care lol 

Cotton ball works fine for me. My SO has the same can of Venetian, and that's how we always apply it.

post #72588 of 87611
2 fingah method works fine here. Some pairs get more than other depending on how much falls out onto the floor
post #72589 of 87611
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

2 fingah method works fine here. Some pairs get more than other depending on how much falls out onto the floor

 

lol tiny fingers it appears.. I can barely jam an index in there. 

 

im getting to the bottom of this dauber situation, best I can. will update my VSC brethren when I can.

 

haven't touched reno in months :bounce2:

post #72590 of 87611
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post
 

 

now you have to come along with the common sense and all that lol..

 

it's a little clumpy, so some pressing of the housing would be required to bring material to the cotton ball, but I guess that would work. the tool man in man sees a bag of 25 daubers that will never get used in their lifetime simplifying the process..

 

off to research. will update with results, in case any neurotics such as myself care lol 

post #72591 of 87611
I've used an empty Reno glass jar and filled it with the VSC from the can. Much easier. The I use those gloves that nurses use so I don't have to get stuff on my fingers.
post #72592 of 87611
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Quick brush and polish Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Ravello nst boot

Love these Namor 

post #72593 of 87611

Any difference between Venetian Shoe Cream and Venetian Leather Balm? 

 

I am trying to find VSC but I can only seem to find the latter in Canada on Wookboot.com

post #72594 of 87611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post

Any difference between Venetian Shoe Cream and Venetian Leather Balm? 

I am trying to find VSC but I can only seem to find the latter in Canada on Wookboot.com

As far as I can tell, no. I own both, but haven't used the balm yet. Viberg ships it with all of their boots.
post #72595 of 87611

Black Calf NST's today

 

post #72596 of 87611
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjuiceman View Post


As far as I can tell, no. I own both, but haven't used the balm yet. Viberg ships it with all of their boots.

 

Thanks!

I just ordered some, we'll see how it does on my cordovan.

post #72597 of 87611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post
 

Black Calf NST's today

 

Calf?!@ Come on, Don! You know there is no place for that around here...:rotflmao:

post #72598 of 87611

Has anyone tried the Alden leather protector? It says it was designed for cordovan so I was thinking of picking up a bottle of it for my new boots. 

post #72599 of 87611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
 

Has anyone tried the Alden leather protector? It says it was designed for cordovan so I was thinking of picking up a bottle of it for my new boots. 

I wouldn't put more products on shell than necessary. Venetian shoe cream and the (very) occasional waxing should be sufficient. Are you planning on taking these out in the rain a lot?

post #72600 of 87611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
 

Has anyone tried the Alden leather protector? It says it was designed for cordovan so I was thinking of picking up a bottle of it for my new boots. 

I use Alden leather defender regularly. it is great for wet weather protection

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***