or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4837

post #72541 of 91388
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylernim View Post
 

OK, I think I found a shop with my size in Cordovan Indys.

 

I'm concerned about the sizing.  

 

My longer foot is a 11 on the dot on a Brannock and the shorter is between a 10.5 and 11.  Both widths are precisely in the middle of D and E.  This is barefoot.

 

For what it's worth I wear a 11.5 in Asics running shoes.

 

I talked to J Gilbert while on the hunt for them (they don't have any) and they say that I should go down to a 10.  Popular opinion says I should be a 10.5 from what I've gathered...

 

I don't plan on dressing up these often.  More often than not I would be wearing medium thickness smart wool or people's socks.

 

I don't have anywhere to try Aldens on, unfortunately.  

 

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.


Sounds like you're trying to make the case for the 10.5D.  You are probably correct.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #72542 of 91388
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post


Depends on the Trickers last. Fitting 5 refers to the width nut not the last. I am 8D Barrie and 7.5UK on Trickers 4497

Same here - 4497 and 4444 I'm a 7.5UK and an 8D in the Barrie last. Some say size down 1.5 for the 4444, but I did that on a recent purchase and they were 1/2 size too small in length.

post #72543 of 91388
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post


Depends on the Trickers last. Fitting 5 refers to the width nut not the last. I am 8D Barrie and 7.5UK on Trickers 4497

Thanks, Rydenfan. I'm told the boots are on the 4497S last. So, an 8 fitting5 = 8.5D, kind of like how we interpret a barrie 8E to be comparable to a barrie 8.5D, correct?

post #72544 of 91388
Quote:
Originally Posted by docalden2013 View Post

Wondering if any fellow Alden addicts happen to speak Trickers. I'm considering a trigger pull on a boot considered fitting 5. In Barrie lasts, I take an 8.5D (yes, the size that always gets sold out first for grails and special makeups). Would I be a UK 8 or 8.5?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

That's my size. I'm usually a UK8 with most brands. The only time I've tried Trickers however is when STP had them on sale and the only size they had was a UK8.5. They ended up being too big so I'd say I'm a UK8 in Trickers as well. Keep in mind that different lasts could fit differently but I've been a UK8 across the board in pretty much every British shoe I've tried so far.
post #72545 of 91388
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Quick brush and polish
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Ravello nst boot

nice looking boots namor.

post #72546 of 91388
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post
cigar lhs
argyles otc

nice looking cigar uncle mac. they look crispy new.

post #72547 of 91388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by docalden2013 View Post

Wondering if any fellow Alden addicts happen to speak Trickers. I'm considering a trigger pull on a boot considered fitting 5. In Barrie lasts, I take an 8.5D (yes, the size that always gets sold out first for grails and special makeups). Would I be a UK 8 or 8.5?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

That's my size. I'm usually a UK8 with most brands. The only time I've tried Trickers however is when STP had them on sale and the only size they had was a UK8.5. They ended up being too big so I'd say I'm a UK8 in Trickers as well. Keep in mind that different lasts could fit differently but I've been a UK8 across the board in pretty much every British shoe I've tried so far.

Most of those STP Tricker's are on the W2298 last which fit more or less TTS. That would be the Not Stows, the chukkas, the long wings. They did have some Burfords on the 4497 though.
FWIW, I take 10.5US Barrie and 9.5UK 4497, 4444. I can wear 9UK in 4444 but they're borderline too short. W2298 I take 10UK.
post #72548 of 91388
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylernim View Post
 

OK, I think I found a shop with my size in Cordovan Indys.

 

I'm concerned about the sizing.  

 

My longer foot is a 11 on the dot on a Brannock and the shorter is between a 10.5 and 11.  Both widths are precisely in the middle of D and E.  This is barefoot.

 

For what it's worth I wear a 11.5 in Asics running shoes.

 

I talked to J Gilbert while on the hunt for them (they don't have any) and they say that I should go down to a 10.  Popular opinion says I should be a 10.5 from what I've gathered...

 

I don't plan on dressing up these often.  More often than not I would be wearing medium thickness smart wool or people's socks.

 

I don't have anywhere to try Aldens on, unfortunately.  

 

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

I would order a 10 and 10.5 and return the one that doesn't fit well.  Worst case scenario you're out a few bucks for shipping.

post #72549 of 91388

offtopic a bit, so please bear with me brethren.. does anyone offer a dauber of sorts that scews into the large Venetian can (from the golf store link I've and others have posted here).. Right now, my dainty finger works, but eventually I'll want to get in there nice to get my moneys worth (likely 2024 at that point due to the can size lol)

 

basically looking for a screw in top with a 7-8" dauber on the end..

 

am i off my rocks in thinking something like this exists?

 

thanks in advance!

post #72550 of 91388
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post
 

offtopic a bit, so please bear with me brethren.. does anyone offer a dauber of sorts that scews into the large Venetian can (from the golf store link I've and others have posted here).. Right now, my dainty finger works, but eventually I'll want to get in there nice to get my moneys worth (likely 2024 at that point due to the can size lol)

 

basically looking for a screw in top with a 7-8" dauber on the end..

 

am i off my rocks in thinking something like this exists?

 

thanks in advance!

Why not get a cotton ball, stick it over the opening of the can, and flip the can? 

post #72551 of 91388
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjuiceman View Post
 

Why not get a cotton ball, stick it over the opening of the can, and flip the can? 

 

now you have to come along with the common sense and all that lol..

 

it's a little clumpy, so some pressing of the housing would be required to bring material to the cotton ball, but I guess that would work. the tool man in man sees a bad of 25 daubers that will never get used in their lifetime simplifying the process..

 

off to research. will update with results, in case any neurotics such as myself care lol 

post #72552 of 91388
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post
 

 

now you have to come along with the common sense and all that lol..

 

it's a little clumpy, so some pressing of the housing would be required to bring material to the cotton ball, but I guess that would work. the tool man in man sees a bad of 25 daubers that will never get used in their lifetime simplifying the process..

 

off to research. will update with results, in case any neurotics such as myself care lol 

Cotton ball works fine for me. My SO has the same can of Venetian, and that's how we always apply it.

post #72553 of 91388
2 fingah method works fine here. Some pairs get more than other depending on how much falls out onto the floor
post #72554 of 91388
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

2 fingah method works fine here. Some pairs get more than other depending on how much falls out onto the floor

 

lol tiny fingers it appears.. I can barely jam an index in there. 

 

im getting to the bottom of this dauber situation, best I can. will update my VSC brethren when I can.

 

haven't touched reno in months :bounce2:

post #72555 of 91388
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post
 

 

now you have to come along with the common sense and all that lol..

 

it's a little clumpy, so some pressing of the housing would be required to bring material to the cotton ball, but I guess that would work. the tool man in man sees a bag of 25 daubers that will never get used in their lifetime simplifying the process..

 

off to research. will update with results, in case any neurotics such as myself care lol 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***