Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4787
Styleforum Top Picks
Someone on here mentioned that J. Gilbert has a order of 990's on commando sole arriving in March. I emailed them and said they have my size arriving and the price was $695.
My past purchase of a Alden Cordovan shoe was $645 and seems to be the going rate at the moment on most other websites. I guess when youre spending this much money a extra $50 isnt a huge deal to most people. Id prefer to not pay $695 if a better deal is available.
FYI. just got a shirt I ordered from NeedSupplyco and they sent a %15percent off coupon code that works on Alden shoes but Im not interested in any of the makeups they have available. Guess I will order something else but could be a good deal for anyone out there on the fence about ordering something off that site.
aaaand at that point, I start (started) looking at other companies.. no disrespect to alden, as I own a handful currently, but >$800 I start questioning my purchases
Suck it up young Spiffster!
Alden 101 is in fact a prerequisite for American Pedal History. The good thing though, is that AP History will fulfill your core writing requirement!
agreed. I have maybe 3-4 purchases left (shell) and I think I can tap myself out. most of these would be difficult as they'd be older variations (jcrew ravello lwb, olive'd cigar lwb)
I've been really impressed with epaulets carmina offerings of late, both in shell and other variations.
Glad to hear it. Otherwise, I would have petitioned to be added to the class roster on the basis of having accrued the minimum number of Alden basics: an Indy boot, several lwb's, PTBs and an lhs. Hoping I get to tassels during the second semester.
Yes it's Alden's fault but both companies should check the product before it leaves. UnionMade response to me was.. That is how Alden's are. The can send them to Alden and see what they say but UnionMade does not see any issue here.
for as much flak as the calif alden dealer gets for his return policy (adam?) atleast I think I've read he's fairly thorough with his quality control.
at the end of the day, we're talking about shoes that very well will get scuffed/scraped/beat 5 minutes out the house.. but these are $500+ shoes.. not $50 DSWs..
Best part is I specifically asked Ellen to check the shoes and in 15 seconds she responds there perfect! So I hope you can understand my frustration since I know of the qc issues so I always make sure to ask for an inspection.
- ***The official Alden thread ***
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF OCT... 2 minutes ago
- › Single breasted suit with unevel lapel? 4 minutes ago
- › Uniqlo x Lemaire FW2015 thread 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › Alfred Sargent Armfield Heel Height ?? 8 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other... 9 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth