or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4770

post #71536 of 94451
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post

If black shell is your thing, I just kopped these tankers from Alden SF:




Unworn at the moment - I'm not 100% sure I'm keeping them but it seems pretty likely at this point.  And, I may have gotten their last pair.
I would keep the heck outta them.
post #71537 of 94451
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

#4 boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

thank you bkotsko. direct sunlight no flash.



DAMN!! This is the one I like the best!
post #71538 of 94451
Quote:
Originally Posted by what whale View Post

I realize I'm in an Alden thread but wondering what your expert opinion on the two boots I'm considering next are: Natural Chromexcel Indys vs Oak Street's Natural Chromexcel trench boots?

I work in a professional environment but typically only dress business casual (dark denim, wool, khakis; tucked in oxford shirts, sweaters, etc). I like that the Indy is lined but dig the trench boots sleek lines. Also not sure I'm a fan of speed hooks. Any recs/thoughts are greatly appreciated smile.gif

Thanks,
ww

I may be among the few, but I do not like the Elston last in the slightest. It's very squat around the ball of the foot and instep, and then the toebox overcompensates by becoming slim. Just a very confused last. 

 

I would consider a non-natural shoe, although it definitely works well in your environment. The Indy is a classic, and you can't go wrong. Moreover, as many QC issues as Alden has, OSB has more, in my experience.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


Watch your language, potty mouth!

Yeah, don't fuckin swear in here. There's children around.

post #71539 of 94451
Quote:
Originally Posted by what whale View Post

I realize I'm in an Alden thread but wondering what your expert opinion on the two boots I'm considering next are: Natural Chromexcel Indys vs Oak Street's Natural Chromexcel trench boots?

I work in a professional environment but typically only dress business casual (dark denim, wool, khakis; tucked in oxford shirts, sweaters, etc). I like that the Indy is lined but dig the trench boots sleek lines. Also not sure I'm a fan of speed hooks. Any recs/thoughts are greatly appreciated smile.gif

Thanks,
ww

I rock my trench boots to work as business casual but I'd have to concur with the rest that the Indys are more professional looking.
post #71540 of 94451

I think the trench boot and Indy boot are pushing the line as far as business casual goes, but if "dark denim" fits your office's version of business casual, then either boot should be more than fine (and also, I am very envious).  I am going to be ridiculous and suggest you try them both on and buy the pair you like more.  :p

post #71541 of 94451
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post
 

thank you bkotsko. direct sunlight no flash.

 

I can't even justify putting a spoiler on that. 

I love the color in the sunlight. 

Thanks again

post #71542 of 94451
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post

If black shell is your thing, I just kopped these tankers from Alden SF:




Unworn at the moment - I'm not 100% sure I'm keeping them but it seems pretty likely at this point.  And, I may have gotten their last pair.
I would keep the heck outta them.


Yup.  They're pretty much "crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their women" boots, and I could really use a pair of those.

post #71543 of 94451
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post
 

I can't even justify putting a spoiler on that. 

I love the color in the sunlight. 

Thanks again

 

Truer words have not been said here. MrDV, your Color 4's are looking awesome.

 

-Mike

post #71544 of 94451

Does anyone do a plaza lasted shell indy, in some form of brown? (I know likely not now, but something they stock.) Leathersoul maybe? Also, if anyone has a picture of such an animal in the wild, I would love to see this. Never a huge indy fan, but they are growing on me, and I might get a pair one day. The Moc toe and the plaza last seem to be a nice combo in my eyes.

post #71545 of 94451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakedsnake View Post
 

Does anyone do a plaza lasted shell indy, in some form of brown? (I know likely not now, but something they stock.) Leathersoul maybe? Also, if anyone has a picture of such an animal in the wild, I would love to see this. Never a huge indy fan, but they are growing on me, and I might get a pair one day. The Moc toe and the plaza last seem to be a nice combo in my eyes.

 

havent seen cigar

 

ravello tho

 

post #71546 of 94451
Quote:
Originally Posted by coinopcollector View Post
 

I live in Pa and we got a lot of snow yesterday.  After reading here how some of you wear your shell on commando in rain and snow, I got up this morning, put on my shell commando color 8 tankers and prepared to eat breakfast and then battle the elements.  Well, I just couldn't do it.  I chickened out and put on my Swims Mobster Boots.  Oh well, maybe another day.  


If you have the Mobster boot-overshoes, you should use them; that's what they're for!  Good call...

post #71547 of 94451
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post
 

 

havent seen cigar

 

ravello tho

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Cigar would be awesome. But these Ravello are also amazing. Great make up

post #71548 of 94451

One Ranger Mocc (10.5) back in stock at Need Supply. Extra 30% off until midnight ET...$250. 

post #71549 of 94451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakedsnake View Post

Does anyone do a plaza lasted shell indy, in some form of brown? (I know likely not now, but something they stock.) Leathersoul maybe? Also, if anyone has a picture of such an animal in the wild, I would love to see this. Never a huge indy fan, but they are growing on me, and I might get a pair one day. The Moc toe and the plaza last seem to be a nice combo in my eyes.

Frans Boone did the Ravello and has a Color 8 still in stock (very limited sizes in stock). I actually ordered a pair on Monday and just got them today.

LeatherSoul did Color 8 a few years ago and they are all sold out.

-Mike
post #71550 of 94451
What type of boots are MrDV's #4 boot?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***