Not that I know of at the moment. Leffot may have some sizes left from the last run... maybe.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4768
Styleforum Top Picks
I would expect Leffot and Context will both have shell NSTs available sometime over the next year or so. Both do very large size runs. Get on their e-mail lists and you should be able to grab one. Leffot does the color 8 / antique, Context does both black and color 8.
Citishoes did a run of color 8 tankers recently as well, check in with them to see if they have your size or are reordering.
Has anyone even been in the Alden factory? I'm just curious. I travel some for work...and when I do, I always try to get some shopping in or visit a factory that makes awesome things. From Louisville Slugger to Jack Daniels to Filson to Allen Edmonds - I usually end up buying something cool and it's made here in America. For Alden, I drove past it, but I didn't even try to stop in. That place is a lot like the Wonka Factory I have a feeling. Pretty nuts considering even Ferrari, if you own one, lets you get inside the factory in Maranello.
No dice. I am about 30 minutes from the plant and no tours are allowed. They say it is due to insurance restrictions. I have dropped off shoes a few times for repair but never further than the front door. I still think they should hire me to run the plant! I have plenty of manufacturing experience...
I've been in on (and also gotten out of) lots of pre-orders and this is all true. For me, in the future I'm only going to put down a deposit or full payment on orders that have already been confirmed by Alden. Otherwise, you may wait years for an order to be confirmed. I wouldn't mind adding my name to a list like that, but I won't pay on it until the order is confirmed. Only possible exception is a $100 deposit with Leather Soul, with the reasons being that A) they have nice unique makeups, B) they will get the shoe made by Alden, even if it takes a while, and C) $100 deposit is not a huge amount of money.
Thanks folks! I put myself on the waiting list for the cigar shell cap toe from Alden DC. No deposit, but also little to no chance of fruition. I think I was 6th or so for my size and they're getting 4 pairs for that size.
Mine too! I need to post some pics soon. I am really happy with the color. It is a bit more of a dark sand than some of the tan suede I have seen, not a lot of yellow to it
I live in Pa and we got a lot of snow yesterday. After reading here how some of you wear your shell on commando in rain and snow, I got up this morning, put on my shell commando color 8 tankers and prepared to eat breakfast and then battle the elements. Well, I just couldn't do it. I chickened out and put on my Swims Mobster Boots. Oh well, maybe another day.
Do they have a time frame for when they are getting those shoes? Just curious.
- ***The official Alden thread ***
Styleforum Top Picks
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 4 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 9 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 13 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 15 minutes ago
- › 2015 MLB Season Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 19 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 20 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 21 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 23 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 25 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015