or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4745

post #71161 of 86600
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

^^ 1mm? It is probably just the way the sole was trimmed. I wouldn't worry.

Thanks for the reply. What do you think about the medallion?

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #71162 of 86600
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterL View Post
 

I just receive the  975 replacement. I measure the width of the shoes and found that left shoe is 1mm wider than the right shoe.Also, the medallion looks a bit off. Is this a big problem? Any other problem on the shoes that should be a deal breaker? Thanks in advance

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

I will confess:  I cannot see anything remotely off about the shoes.  I do see the tiny gap near the sole in the last picture, but do not think it should be of any concern.  Beauty is in the feet of the wearer, but I think they look great and you should enjoy them for years to come.

post #71163 of 86600
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenwear View Post
 

I will confess:  I cannot see anything remotely off about the shoes.  I do see the tiny gap near the sole in the last picture, but do not think it should be of any concern.  Beauty is in the feet of the wearer, but I think they look great and you should enjoy them for years to come.

Thanks for the opinion sir

post #71164 of 86600

Im looking to get a pair of plain toe color 8 aldens similar to the stock 990's but I think I prefer the natural or antique color edging over the stock model. I know Leffot had something similar but I think they are sold out in my size.

 

Really like this model

https://www.thebureaubelfast.com/assets/generated/products/extralarge/a13397f65728f22ca6fbd227d56636ba.jpg

 

Question is I have ordered from Leather Soul and Leffot gets mentioned on this forum a lot but I never see anyone order from this particular website. Any reason for this? Just want to make sure they have a reliable reputation in case I need to exchange them for any reason.

 

Price comes out to about $655 so that seems on par with other cordovan models

 

thanks

post #71165 of 86600
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterL View Post

Thanks for the reply. What do you think about the medallion?
If they were mine, I would see nothing wrong with them. Enjoy!
post #71166 of 86600
Those look like great color 8 longwings to me. Enjoy them.
post #71167 of 86600
Quote:
Originally Posted by smdbitchh View Post

Im looking to get a pair of plain toe color 8 aldens similar to the stock 990's but I think I prefer the natural or antique color edging over the stock model. I know Leffot had something similar but I think they are sold out in my size.

Really like this model
https://www.thebureaubelfast.com/assets/generated/products/extralarge/a13397f65728f22ca6fbd227d56636ba.jpg

Question is I have ordered from Leather Soul and Leffot gets mentioned on this forum a lot but I never see anyone order from this particular website. Any reason for this? Just want to make sure they have a reliable reputation in case I need to exchange them for any reason.

Price comes out to about $655 so that seems on par with other cordovan models

thanks

I have ordered from The Bureau before. They are definitely reputable. They are however, in Northern Ireland and use GPB so factoring in exchange rates you might pay more. Also, depending on where you live, shipping and duties might be expensive as well. I got CRUSHED by customs when I ordered a pair of shoes from them. (nearly $200 in duties/taxes/fees) although I am in Canada..
post #71168 of 86600
Quote:
Originally Posted by smdbitchh View Post

Im looking to get a pair of plain toe color 8 aldens similar to the stock 990's but I think I prefer the natural or antique color edging over the stock model. I know Leffot had something similar but I think they are sold out in my size.

Really like this model
https://www.thebureaubelfast.com/assets/generated/products/extralarge/a13397f65728f22ca6fbd227d56636ba.jpg

Question is I have ordered from Leather Soul and Leffot gets mentioned on this forum a lot but I never see anyone order from this particular website. Any reason for this? Just want to make sure they have a reliable reputation in case I need to exchange them for any reason.

Price comes out to about $655 so that seems on par with other cordovan models

thanks

You might want to check your math again. Site is down now but text cache of the page shows the #8 PTB for 487.
Their prices are in GBP so they're going to be over $800 shipped.
The Bureau is totally legit.
I've never had to pay customs when I've ordered from them.
Besides, you shouldn't be assessed any customs for a US made item anyway.
post #71169 of 86600

Good evening fellas!

 

I think I'm going to send in these LHS Unlined Brooks Brothers shoes in Shell. They're model number 06603.

 

They have some wear in the inside toe box - can this be fixed? They were going to B Nelson to get Dainite soles in Red.

 

I bought these used and they called them brown but to my knowledge BB never sold an unlined LHS in brown. Only #8 & Black, right?

 

Do you guys think B Nelson can handle an interior fix and will they change out the insoles like Alden will?

 

Any help is appreciated!!

 

 

I love the LHS loafer...must be why I own 5 pairs :D

post #71170 of 86600

#8 grant ct boots

post #71171 of 86600
Delicious mr.dv
post #71172 of 86600
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Delicious mr.dv

thanks, copied from the best

post #71173 of 86600
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post

Good evening fellas!

I think I'm going to send in these LHS Unlined Brooks Brothers shoes in Shell. They're model number 06603.

I bought these used and they called them brown but to my knowledge BB never sold an unlined LHS in brown. Only #8 & Black, right?

The 06603 is Brooks unlined LHS in color 8. You are correct that BB only sells the LHS in color 8 and black now, but a couple of years ago BB had a very limited run of unlined whiskey LHS that were only available through the 346 Madison store. Sadly those have never returned.
post #71174 of 86600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. D View Post


The 06603 is Brooks unlined LHS in color 8. You are correct that BB only sells the LHS in color 8 and black now, but a couple of years ago BB had a very limited run of unlined whiskey LHS that were only available through the 346 Madison store. Sadly those have never returned.

Thanks Dr. D!

 

These have sooooooo much polish on them they look Brown. The inside has two sweet Horween stamps - I love it!

post #71175 of 86600
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

I like the commando as well. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
+1 for me as well. I do commando with suits all the time.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***