or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4744

post #71146 of 98652
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterL View Post

Actually i was just trying to see if anyone have the same experience with medallion not matching. I tried to google alden shoe and went through many pictures of alden shoes with medallion. I couldn't  find anything like the one i have. 

Oh yeah, wonky medallion isn't uncommon. But usually they match, as in both medallions are set equally too low.
TBH, I think having the one wonky medallion would be a deal killer for me. Especially so with something as readily available as the #8 LWB.

I've seen this problem with Carmina, Tricker's and C&J too.
post #71147 of 98652
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post


Oh yeah, wonky medallion isn't uncommon. But usually they match, as in both medallions are set equally too low.
TBH, I think having the one wonky medallion would be a deal killer for me. Especially so with something as readily available as the #8 LWB.

I've seen this problem with Carmina, Tricker's and C&J too.

So would you return them if you had the same pair? 

post #71148 of 98652
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterL View Post

Actually i was just trying to see if anyone have the same experience with medallion not matching. I tried to google alden shoe and went through many pictures of alden shoes with medallion. I couldn't  find anything like the one i have. 

There was some discussion on this very topic on the C&J for RL thread a week or so ago with respect to a Marlow. I think the consensus there was to return them. But the medallion was off a bit more.

If you are unhappy with them, return them. This is a stock model, so they should be readily available. To me the 1mm diff is nothing, so long as they fit. Also, that welt cut looks about normal to me for Alden.

-Mike
post #71149 of 98652
Quote:
Originally Posted by anrobit View Post
 

Oh boy...

 

It's Alden, my friend. None of the American shoemakers have great QC, so this is to be expected. Honestly, a width difference of 1mm is not noticeable and inconsequential. I doubt anyone can even see anything wrong with the .

 

You could try returning them, but there's no guarantee the next pair won't be the same or worse. I don't think there's anything wrong with these, as long as the uppers are in excellent condition and there are no issues with clicking or the leather.

For the width, its more about the comfort when wearing them. I can feel the right shoe is more tight. For the medallion, seems like i found the answers of the expectancy of the quality of Alden shoes. Thanks for your opinion sir.

post #71150 of 98652
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterL View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

So would you return them if you had the same pair? 

Yes.

I think people have been fixated on your sort of ridiculous 1mm sole width difference statement and I think your quite legit concern about the wonky medallion got lost.
If the medallions were equally wonky, it wouldn't bug me, but to have one like that is pretty bad in my opinion.
post #71151 of 98652
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post


Yes.

I think people have been fixated on your sort of ridiculous 1mm sole width difference statement and I think your quite legit concern about the wonky medallion got lost.
If the medallions were equally wonky, it wouldn't bug me, but to have one like that is pretty bad in my opinion.

Thank you for your opinion sir. yea,I should have just said that the right shoe are tighter on the width compare to the left one instead of saying that there is a 1mm different. 

post #71152 of 98652
Re the wonky medallion, I see it now that I've looked at it again after all the other comments. It's not terrible, and nobody will ever notice it if they look at your shoes while you're wearing them. But you'll know it's there. Re the 1 mm, are you sure your feet are perfectly symmetric? I know many people's, mine included, aren't...
post #71153 of 98652
Sorry crappy IOS photos, but i stopped by Alden store in San Francisco and saw some cool wing tip boots




post #71154 of 98652
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenwear View Post

I will confess:  I cannot see anything remotely off about the shoes.  I do see the tiny gap near the sole in the last picture, but do not think it should be of any concern.  Beauty is in the feet of the wearer, but I think they look great and you should enjoy them for years to come.

I see issues with both shoes unless my eyes are playing tricks on me.
post #71155 of 98652
I just took delivery of a pair of 975s. The color 8 dye job on the vamp should have put these in the seconds list. I'm really surprised Alden sent them out.
I was so disgusted that I just reboxed them up without taking pictures. But you guys know anyway all too well what that looks like.

Snuff Friday:

post #71156 of 98652
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

I just took delivery of a pair of 975s. The color 8 dye job on the vamp should have put these in the seconds list. I'm really surprised Alden sent them out.
I was so disgusted that I just reboxed them up without taking pictures. But you guys know anyway all too well what that looks like.

Snuff Friday:

  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Sorry about the 975s

I am sure you will have things rectified, but it still is a pain in the backside.

On a positive note, the boots look great today.

post #71157 of 98652
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterL View Post
 

Actually i was just trying to see if anyone have the same experience with medallion not matching. I tried to google alden shoe and went through many pictures of alden shoes with medallion. I couldn't  find anything like the one i have.

it sounds like you are looking for the perfect shoe. Alden is probably not the right brand if thats what you are looking for. Maybe try Edward Green.....I think they are more in the business of constructing a flawless shoe.

post #71158 of 98652
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

I just took delivery of a pair of 975s. The color 8 dye job on the vamp should have put these in the seconds list. I'm really surprised Alden sent them out.
I was so disgusted that I just reboxed them up without taking pictures. But you guys know anyway all too well what that looks like.

Snuff Friday:

Nice!! I've been eyeing the Unionmade snuff Indy for a while.  For today though, just a pair od 403s:

 

 

post #71159 of 98652

Gorgeous - are those both calf or Chromexcel? I want the darker makeup in a #8 shell...

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post

Sorry crappy IOS photos, but i stopped by Alden store in San Francisco and saw some cool wing tip boots




post #71160 of 98652
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post

Sorry crappy IOS photos, but i stopped by Alden store in San Francisco and saw some cool wing tip boots

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



Yes, please. I like the burgundy makeup. But I'll take both!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***