or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4731

post #70951 of 88000
If only they were 8s....

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #70952 of 88000
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

If only they were 8s....

come on! the difference is only like 3/8 of an inch, you can make it work 

post #70953 of 88000
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post
 

come on! the difference is only like 3/8 of an inch, you can make it work

 

That has me thinking.  I bet I could try an insert to see what difference it would make, if any...?  I have over a thumb's width from my big toe to the front of the shoe, so that's why I think I need to size down 1/2 size.

post #70954 of 88000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Clemson View Post
 

 

That has me thinking.  I bet I could try an insert to see what difference it would make, if any...?  I have over a thumb's width from my big toe to the front of the shoe, so that's why I think I need to size down 1/2 size.

For sure worth a shot, there are a variety of different insoles out there of various thicknesses. I would worry more about the fit from the widest part of your feet to the heel and then toe box. If the widest part of your foot lines up with the widest part of the shoe then I would keep them. It does sound like you likely need to size down but may be worth trying an insole first

post #70955 of 88000
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post
 

For sure worth a shot, there are a variety of different insoles out there of various thicknesses. I would worry more about the fit from the widest part of your feet to the heel and then toe box. If the widest part of your foot lines up with the widest part of the shoe then I would keep them. It does sound like you likely need to size down but may be worth trying an insole first

Okay, I may do that and give it a shot but keep them listed for sale.  I have a little room, but not much, at the ball of my foot (widest part) so I believe a size 7 would work better although again the 7.5 isn't terrible.

post #70956 of 88000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd V View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Very nice grant cap toes. I have these in Color 8 and cigar. I'd love to have the black with double leather but I fear I won't wear them very often. I love the idea of them with a navy suit, but it isn't like I wear boots with a suit very often, except on a Friday. What do you guys wear your black shell boots with?

I wear them with
1) Suits when worn outside of work... I've had a few social events where I've worn charcoal suits with the boots and they looked great. I wouldn't wear them to my most important business meeting
2) Charcoal wool trousers with business casual
3) Black APC New standards
4) Any raw denim when wearing a black sweater or jacket
5) Stone chinos (for some reason they look better with stone than british khaki)

So quite a lot.
post #70957 of 88000
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Good to hear that you are dialing in your sizing! They look great!

Thanks!

I wore them for a few hours the morning I took delivery (Sat), then against better judgement had them on my feet for 10 hours Sunday, although with minimal walking.

They started to hurt toward the end of the day and when I took them off both my big and pinky toes were mostly numb. It was an odd sensation, still feel it a bit some 16 hours later. Guess I'll wait a few days and try to wear them a half day at a time and see what that does.

Never experienced this in a shoe before so I'm not sure what to think of it. Last year in NYC I spent 5 weeks of daily, 2-5 mile wear in my 7D indy boots with nary a problem.
post #70958 of 88000

very olive cigar

post #70959 of 88000
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

very olive cigar


Wow. Looks good, but yeah, that is rather olive!!

-Mike
post #70960 of 88000
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

very olive cigar

This is my favorite make up. I am so jealous!
post #70961 of 88000
Love the olive cigar!! These are quite green in person

post #70962 of 88000
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterL View Post


This is my favorite make up. I am so jealous!

 

agreed. would pay a premium for a pair like this..

 

my olive'ish chukkas peeking out

 

post #70963 of 88000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Clemson View Post

Okay, I may do that and give it a shot but keep them listed for sale.  I have a little room, but not much, at the ball of my foot (widest part) so I believe a size 7 would work better although again the 7.5 isn't terrible.

I was in leffot's store a couple of days ago and asked about the next run of these. Are you usually a 7.5d on Barrie, and do these fit larger than expected?
post #70964 of 88000
2zz4upz.jpg
24d4rb5.jpg
ravello wt
cashmere otc
post #70965 of 88000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
2zz4upz.jpg
24d4rb5.jpg

ravello wt
cashmere otc

 

Sir, those are exceptionally lovely.

 

-Mike

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***