or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4729

post #70921 of 86703
Quote:
Originally Posted by TO Tie Guy View Post

A question I have been thinking about a bit recently since our Canadian $ is quickly tanking. How much of a premium would you pay for a shoe you wanted?

ie. A rarer colour of shell or model/last you have been longing for?

I have the chance to buy a pair that I have long wanted and have not seen in stores but the sellers wants nearly $150 more than what they would sell for in stores.

I haven't pulled the trigger and likely won't, but it is an intriguing question..


Really depends on the model. I would spend edward green money for color 4 due to the rarity. The rest of the exotics come around, just requires patience. However if it was a grail for me I would spend the extra $150.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #70922 of 86703
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

Really depends on the model. I would spend edward green money for color 4 due to the rarity. The rest of the exotics come around, just requires patience. However if it was a grail for me I would spend the extra $150.

Speaking of paying the extra $150, anybody else see the Leffot cigar indy's that went up on ebay starting at $950 today? Awesome boots and good luck to the seller, but seems a little high to me.
post #70923 of 86703
Quote:
Originally Posted by esoxm View Post

Speaking of paying the extra $150, anybody else see the Leffot cigar indy's that went up on ebay starting at $950 today? Awesome boots and good luck to the seller, but seems a little high to me.
I just saw them. Spectacular.
post #70924 of 86703

 

Fresh out of the box Alden Madison straight tip boots on Grant. With a new NAS to assemble.

Inspired by DonL, Uncle Mac, tifosi, Alcibiades, I was very pleased to get these boots with a horween stamp too. Butter soft shell surrounding my feet.

post #70925 of 86703

"my favorite aldens" an un-official survey

25 responses

a. type

1 loafer

10 lace ups

14 boots

b. color

1 cxl

1 whiskey

4 ravello

8 cigar

11 #8

c. model

4 #8 nst boot

3 cigar indys

3 #8 wt boot

2 #8 nst oxford

2 ravello ptb

post #70926 of 86703

The bubble roughly a finger print size developed at the second to third wearing, I waited for it to go flat and tried brushing to make it stick down. No luck

 

My cobbler says it must be a solvent I put on the shoe. So if a drop of liquor hit it and does that damage, I would be surprised. To my knowledge no solvents touched the shoes.

post #70927 of 86703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resistant View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Fresh out of the box Alden Madison straight tip boots on Grant. With a new NAS to assemble.
Inspired by DonL, Uncle Mac, tifosi, Alcibiades, I was very pleased to get these boots with a horween stamp too. Butter soft shell surrounding my feet.
Nice pickup! I really like those boots! I hope you enjoy them as much I enjoy mine,
post #70928 of 86703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resistant View Post
 

The bubble roughly a finger print size developed at the second to third wearing, I waited for it to go flat and tried brushing to make it stick down. No luck

 

My cobbler says it must be a solvent I put on the shoe. So if a drop of liquor hit it and does that damage, I would be surprised. To my knowledge no solvents touched the shoes.


Odd to say the least.

 

 

Glad to see you were able to get them fixed though.

post #70929 of 86703

alden sighting during the chargers - broncos game.

during an injury time out a charger dr? was wearing #8 lhs. i was at a gathering, i couldn't make a big deal out of it.

post #70930 of 86703
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

alden sighting during the chargers - broncos game.
during an injury time out a charger dr? was wearing #8 lhs. i was at a gathering, i couldn't make a big deal out of it.
I thought I saw a nice pair of shoes on the guy, too, but I couldn't tell what they were. Haha!
post #70931 of 86703
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironclad View Post


Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors longwings...
worship2.gif  

LOL. This thread carries all sorts of Tenth Commandment issues for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

I thought I saw a nice pair of shoes on the guy, too, but I couldn't tell what they were. Haha!

What quarter? Watching the game on tape delay tonight, Shanghai time. No spoiler worries, I checked the score this AM--needed to know if my Peyton Manning-fan wife was going to be happy or sad with the outcome!

On topic:



Recently acquired #8 PCT from J. Crew while enjoying a rare American treat for lunch:

post #70932 of 86703
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

alden sighting during the chargers - broncos game.
during an injury time out a charger dr? was wearing #8 lhs. i was at a gathering, i couldn't make a big deal out of it.

Yes.......pretty sure they were full strap ..........seemed odd to out there in the muck in shell loafers. They looked nice though.....
You know you've got it bad when you notice that during a playoff game
post #70933 of 86703
Quote:
Originally Posted by coinopcollector View Post

I am sure some of you know about Dandy Shoe Care http://www.dandyshoecare.it/ENG/dandy.html
The job he does is amazing, to bad he is in Italy.
Anyone know if there is someone similar here in the US that can pull off antiqueing, restorations and transformations the way this guy does?
This is just a bump because I got no responses the first time. If you haven't checked out the link, you should. This guy's work is incredible.
post #70934 of 86703
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post
 

alden sighting during the chargers - broncos game.

during an injury time out a charger dr? was wearing #8 lhs. i was at a gathering, i couldn't make a big deal out of it.

Lol. I saw a sole shot as they were attending to the hurt player. All I saw was the dove tail heel.  So figured Alden or one of AE's nicer offerings. didn't see a front or profile view :embar:

post #70935 of 86703
I verified it a couple times and it was a 986!

http://instagram.com/p/jFluFGMI4d/
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***