or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4728

post #70906 of 94221
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post
 

Looks like they were able to save this pair. Congrats

 

 

 

Any idea what caused the bubbling to begin with?

 

Was it water?

I wonder how long the refinish will last.

post #70907 of 94221
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post

"This all depends on what the definition of shell is"
TT, I'll just setup the pins, all you have to do is knock'em down. Styleforum, where the jokes tell themselves.
post #70908 of 94221
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post
 

 

"This all depends on what the definition of shell is"

Yes, I did step in to those shell cordovans, but I never creased them.

post #70909 of 94221
Guess I ought to wear these more often since they’re my favorites.

Have a great week gentlemen.

post #70910 of 94221

With Sazon today - #8 Tanker on Plaza


Edited by Don L - 1/13/14 at 10:30am
post #70911 of 94221
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resistant View Post




Fresh out of the box Alden Madison straight tip boots on Grant. With a new NAS to assemble.
Inspired by DonL, Uncle Mac, tifosi, Alcibiades, I was very pleased to get these boots with a horween stamp too. Butter soft shell surrounding my feet.

Very nice grant cap toes. I have these in Color 8 and cigar. I'd love to have the black with double leather but I fear I won't wear them very often. I love the idea of them with a navy suit, but it isn't like I wear boots with a suit very often, except on a Friday. What do you guys wear your black shell boots with?
post #70912 of 94221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd V View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Very nice grant cap toes. I have these in Color 8 and cigar. I'd love to have the black with double leather but I fear I won't wear them very often. I love the idea of them with a navy suit, but it isn't like I wear boots with a suit very often, except on a Friday. What do you guys wear your black shell boots with?
I typically wear mine with grey or navy trousers to work. I dress business casual so trousers and a shirt without a tie.
post #70913 of 94221
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

Guess I ought to wear these more often since they’re my favorites.

Have a great week gentlemen.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Love these, sazon! Still fighting the thought that having these and my Barrie tankers would be redundant...
post #70914 of 94221
Quote:
Originally Posted by docalden2013 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post
 

 

"This all depends on what the definition of shell is"

Yes, I did step in to those shell cordovans, but I never creased them.


I never actually inserted my foot into the shoe, I merely brushed vigorously.

post #70915 of 94221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd V View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resistant View Post




Fresh out of the box Alden Madison straight tip boots on Grant. With a new NAS to assemble.
Inspired by DonL, Uncle Mac, tifosi, Alcibiades, I was very pleased to get these boots with a horween stamp too. Butter soft shell surrounding my feet.

Very nice grant cap toes. I have these in Color 8 and cigar. I'd love to have the black with double leather but I fear I won't wear them very often. I love the idea of them with a navy suit, but it isn't like I wear boots with a suit very often, except on a Friday. What do you guys wear your black shell boots with?

wool trousers
dark denim
I personally do not wear them with suits, but some do and it looks quite fine.
post #70916 of 94221
If only they were 8s....
post #70917 of 94221
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

If only they were 8s....

come on! the difference is only like 3/8 of an inch, you can make it work 

post #70918 of 94221
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post
 

come on! the difference is only like 3/8 of an inch, you can make it work

 

That has me thinking.  I bet I could try an insert to see what difference it would make, if any...?  I have over a thumb's width from my big toe to the front of the shoe, so that's why I think I need to size down 1/2 size.

post #70919 of 94221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Clemson View Post
 

 

That has me thinking.  I bet I could try an insert to see what difference it would make, if any...?  I have over a thumb's width from my big toe to the front of the shoe, so that's why I think I need to size down 1/2 size.

For sure worth a shot, there are a variety of different insoles out there of various thicknesses. I would worry more about the fit from the widest part of your feet to the heel and then toe box. If the widest part of your foot lines up with the widest part of the shoe then I would keep them. It does sound like you likely need to size down but may be worth trying an insole first

post #70920 of 94221
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post
 

For sure worth a shot, there are a variety of different insoles out there of various thicknesses. I would worry more about the fit from the widest part of your feet to the heel and then toe box. If the widest part of your foot lines up with the widest part of the shoe then I would keep them. It does sound like you likely need to size down but may be worth trying an insole first

Okay, I may do that and give it a shot but keep them listed for sale.  I have a little room, but not much, at the ball of my foot (widest part) so I believe a size 7 would work better although again the 7.5 isn't terrible.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***