or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4674

post #70096 of 98974
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL View Post

Happy New Year everyone. Although I don't post much these days, I still appreciate your love and passion for Alden!

You as well, Tom! You and your team are all class acts and I look forward to seeing what makeups you have in store for 2014. The real question will be if any of them will be available or already sold??? :)

post #70097 of 98974
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Anyone have a favorite method for applying Alden's leather defender? I was figuring apply, let dry then buff? Does anyone brush, maybe? Thanks.

 

I just follow the on-bottle instruction.

Spray on a cloth, wipe the shoes, let dry, buff.

post #70098 of 98974
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkpm View Post
 

 

I just follow the on-bottle instruction.

Spray on a cloth, wipe the shoes, let dry, buff.

 

same

post #70099 of 98974

^ Same here.  And I repeat on all my shells about once a year (I wear each pair about 15x/year)

post #70100 of 98974

Wore these over the weekend.

Unlined suede PTB on flex sole.

 

Kinda sad that the waterproof spray darken the shade a lot.

 

post #70101 of 98974
Quote:
Originally Posted by takashi78 View Post

Wore these over the weekend.
Unlined suede PTB on flex sole.

Kinda sad that the waterproof spray darken the shade a lot.



Don't sweat it man. They look good from here thumbs-up.gif
post #70102 of 98974
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicspot View Post

Just picked up a pair of BB color #8 wingtips on ebay. Looked pretty good when I got them. Before and after (deer bone, reno, light wax and buff) attached. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)





Few quick questions....

1) one of the shoes looks sunfaded. I tried to darken it up with a little black paste wax but its still clearly a different. 

2) i usually reno my shoes till nothing more comes off on the cloth (grime, polish etc). this shoes i worked on for half an hour with multiple coats of reno all over and still couldnt get all the cloth to come off clean. should i try something else?

im loving the pantina on these shoes.

These two statements seem contradictory.

Wouldn't stripping the shoes till nothing comes off invariably affect the "patina?"
post #70103 of 98974
Quote:
Originally Posted by takashi78 View Post

Wore these over the weekend.
Unlined suede PTB on flex sole.

Kinda sad that the waterproof spray darken the shade a lot.



Which spray did you use that you felt darkened the suede?
post #70104 of 98974
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post

^ Same here.  And I repeat on all my shells about once a year (I wear each pair about 15x/year)

My only difference is that I reapply LD after any shoe care where I applied Renovateur or VSC. It ends up being 2-3 times a year.
post #70105 of 98974
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkpm View Post

I just follow the on-bottle instruction.
Spray on a cloth, wipe the shoes, let dry, buff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

same

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post

^ Same here.  And I repeat on all my shells about once a year (I wear each pair about 15x/year)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post

My only difference is that I reapply LD after any shoe care where I applied Renovateur or VSC. It ends up being 2-3 times a year.
Thanks all! So the defender will hold up over a couple of Mac method sessions, then?
post #70106 of 98974
Maiden voyage! Alden x Leffot #8 LWB. Going to start breaking them in on the office carpet today.

post #70107 of 98974
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post


Which spray did you use that you felt darkened the suede?

 

I used this one from Woly.

That pic was taken in very bright daylight.

After i sprayed it went from tan to a more of a brown shade.

 

post #70108 of 98974
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post




Thanks all! So the defender will hold up over a couple of Mac method sessions, then?


I think so. I found that LD works great at reducing/eliminating water spots on shell and does so for a long while. I'm pretty good about brushing and wiping shell with a damp cloth to,remove salt. With that kind of care and regular Mac method brushing, LD continued to do its job. However, I noticed the effect diminished somewhat after a session with Reno so I'd end the Reno session with another LD application.
post #70109 of 98974
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Maiden voyage! Alden x Leffot #8 LWB. Going to start breaking them in on the office carpet today.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Great pick-up tifosi. #8 with an antique edge is a fantastic combination. Slide your feet when you walk and your new LWB's will stay looking just like their photo, or you can "roll those babies". Congrats and wear them in good health.
Edited by BeSpiffington - 1/2/14 at 5:27am
post #70110 of 98974
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post

I think so. I found that LD works great at reducing/eliminating water spots on shell and does so for a long while. I'm pretty good about brushing and wiping shell with a damp cloth to,remove salt. With that kind of care and regular Mac method brushing, LD continued to do its job. However, I noticed the effect diminished somewhat after a session with Reno so I'd end the Reno session with another LD application.

Thanks for the insight, Patrick. I appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

Great pick up

Thanks, Be!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***