or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4664

post #69946 of 91481
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

My suggestion is to either find a local retailer to try some on or ordered a 7d from someplace with an easy return policy.

+1

I'm a TTS 7.5D and the 7D in the LWB is just right.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #69947 of 91481
Quote:
Originally Posted by coinopcollector View Post

Just got confirmation and a tracking number from TSM that a pair of Ravello NST Boots, model 4030 are on their way to me.  Since I am in Pa, I hope they might arrive so I can wear them out to dinner tomorrow night.


Here's how it happened.  On Friday, on a whim, I called TSM and asked to speak to Ed.  About a month ago I read here that TSM is expecting Ravello Brixton Boots in the next few months.  I figured they were all spoken for (and they are) but I thought I would ask Ed to put me on the list as a back up (he agreed but said it was unlikely).  Before we hung up I asked him if there was any Ravello NST or LWB in the house in a 10D or 10.5D.  To my surprise he told me he had just sent a pair of 4030 NST boots back to the warehouse for return to Alden and he thought they were 10.5D but wasn't sure .  He said there is a small, almost unnoticeable dimple in the leather "mid way up on the inside" (I'm not sure what that means exactly and I guess I'll find out).  I offered my credit card, he took it and said he would confirm on Monday and only charge me if they were in fact my size.  He also offered me a discount but not the usual irregular price.  I'm pretty psyched and do hope the "dimple" is "almost unnoticeable".

I tried to find out why he had this boot and he suggested they had "a small run, like 18 pairs" of the model 4030 come in.  Sounded like they came in and went out the same day.  KInd of surprising though because I would think at least one person on this forum would have been in on such an order.  Anyway, I'm not going to look my good luck horse in the mouth.
I will update when the boots arrive.

Now that's a great story. Good luck.
post #69948 of 91481

First wear of the Christmas Gifts from my wife

 

Canali, Cashmere OTC, King PTB

 

post #69949 of 91481
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues4life View Post

First wear of the Christmas Gifts from my wife
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Canali, Cashmere OTC, King PTB


Oustanding combination sir. Congratulations on your new shells. Wear them in the best of health.
post #69950 of 91481
Quote:
Originally Posted by coinopcollector View Post

Just got confirmation and a tracking number from TSM that a pair of Ravello NST Boots, model 4030 are on their way to me.  Since I am in Pa, I hope they might arrive so I can wear them out to dinner tomorrow night.


Here's how it happened.  On Friday, on a whim, I called TSM and asked to speak to Ed.  About a month ago I read here that TSM is expecting Ravello Brixton Boots in the next few months.  I figured they were all spoken for (and they are) but I thought I would ask Ed to put me on the list as a back up (he agreed but said it was unlikely).  Before we hung up I asked him if there was any Ravello NST or LWB in the house in a 10D or 10.5D.  To my surprise he told me he had just sent a pair of 4030 NST boots back to the warehouse for return to Alden and he thought they were 10.5D but wasn't sure .  He said there is a small, almost unnoticeable dimple in the leather "mid way up on the inside" (I'm not sure what that means exactly and I guess I'll find out).  I offered my credit card, he took it and said he would confirm on Monday and only charge me if they were in fact my size.  He also offered me a discount but not the usual irregular price.  I'm pretty psyched and do hope the "dimple" is "almost unnoticeable".

I tried to find out why he had this boot and he suggested they had "a small run, like 18 pairs" of the model 4030 come in.  Sounded like they came in and went out the same day.  KInd of surprising though because I would think at least one person on this forum would have been in on such an order.  Anyway, I'm not going to look my good luck horse in the mouth.
I will update when the boots arrive.

Congrats, coinop! If I'm not mistaken, that pair (10.5D Ravello NST) has been up/visible on their website for at least a week. I was surprised to see them on there, and only listed in that size. The shoe gods have shined down upon you!
post #69951 of 91481

Just picked these bad boys up... Ravello PTB.

 

 

-Mike

post #69952 of 91481
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post
 

 

Whiskey looks great with a pair of cords or some denim...

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
whiskeyweds.jpg

 

 

Tampa, those are some very nice Whiskey LHSes. I really like the color of those, it is somewhere between Whiskey and Ravello in my mind.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post
 

leffot saddles

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

MrDV, those are some nice looking saddles. The grain leather provides an interesting texture contrast that helps make them pop.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coinopcollector View Post
 

Just got confirmation and a tracking number from TSM that a pair of Ravello NST Boots, model 4030 are on their way to me.  Since I am in Pa, I hope they might arrive so I can wear them out to dinner tomorrow night.

Here's how it happened.  On Friday, on a whim, I called TSM and asked to speak to Ed.  About a month ago I read here that TSM is expecting Ravello Brixton Boots in the next few months.  I figured they were all spoken for (and they are) but I thought I would ask Ed to put me on the list as a back up (he agreed but said it was unlikely).  Before we hung up I asked him if there was any Ravello NST or LWB in the house in a 10D or 10.5D.  To my surprise he told me he had just sent a pair of 4030 NST boots back to the warehouse for return to Alden and he thought they were 10.5D but wasn't sure .  He said there is a small, almost unnoticeable dimple in the leather "mid way up on the inside" (I'm not sure what that means exactly and I guess I'll find out).  I offered my credit card, he took it and said he would confirm on Monday and only charge me if they were in fact my size.  He also offered me a discount but not the usual irregular price.  I'm pretty psyched and do hope the "dimple" is "almost unnoticeable".

 

I tried to find out why he had this boot and he suggested they had "a small run, like 18 pairs" of the model 4030 come in.  Sounded like they came in and went out the same day.  KInd of surprising though because I would think at least one person on this forum would have been in on such an order.  Anyway, I'm not going to look my good luck horse in the mouth.

I will update when the boots arrive.

 

Those are a very nice pair of boots. Glad that you were able to pick those up. Hope that the dimple is pretty high up and not a big deal.

 

-Mike

post #69953 of 91481

^^^^ Heck of a wife you got there B4Life. She's a keeper!  Enjoy often and in great health my friend!!

post #69954 of 91481

Do you guys know if Alden is on vacation?  I emailed them about a week ago to get some boots restored and I haven't heard from them.  I called too.  Thanks in advance.

post #69955 of 91481
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
 

Just picked these bad boys up... Ravello PTB.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

-Mike

Mike,

If you need my address, let me know... haha

Great catch.

post #69956 of 91481
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Just picked these bad boys up... Ravello PTB.




-Mike

Mike,
Unbelievable ptbs. Such a great shoe. Congrats, rock those babies in style.
Dave
post #69957 of 91481
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
 

Just picked these bad boys up... Ravello PTB.

 

 

-Mike

I am enjoying my pair very much.  Almost cigar, but not quite.  Enjoy often and in great health my friend!

post #69958 of 91481
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironclad View Post

Congrats, coinop! If I'm not mistaken, that pair (10.5D Ravello NST) has been up/visible on their website for at least a week. I was surprised to see them on there, and only listed in that size. The shoe gods have shined down upon you!
I did notice after I ordered off the phone from Ed that there were a pair of 10.5 on the website and i tried to add them to my shopping cart. You could pick size but when I hit add to cart it didn't work.
I wonder if they are the same pair of 10.5's that were on the irregular list a few weeks back.
post #69959 of 91481
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Just picked these bad boys up... Ravello PTB.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


-Mike
mdubs, great looking ptb's. When are you going to wear them?
post #69960 of 91481
^ Looks like the old cigar....not that there's anything wrong with that
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***