or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4638

post #69556 of 91294
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironclad View Post

Outstanding boots, Uncle. I may be in the minority, but I do love the machine stitching on the toe. Classy as always.

nephew,
thank you
also, I like the machine stitching

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #69557 of 91294
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post








May the new year bring us an abundance of rare (and black/color 8) shell cordovan!  In all seriousness, god bless us all with good health and good times with family and friends.  Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, etc...

nephew,
the same to you
post #69558 of 91294
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

cigar indy
argyles otc Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Looking great as usual, Uncle! 

post #69559 of 91294
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Lunch with wifey and black cordovan. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Looking exceptionally festive Zippy.  Merry Christmas to you my friend!

post #69560 of 91294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Ah, the elusive J Crew black cordovan wingtip boots. I never saw those online and didn't see them in any of the stores when I visited. Wouldn't matter as they don't carry 9.5E anyway.


I saw a BNIB pair up for auction on Ebay about two years ago.  Another "shoulda-pair" I regret not acting upon.  The flat welt is a nice little detail that makes the barrie-lasted boot look a little sleeker.

post #69561 of 91294
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkpm View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterL View Post
 

I just received my first pair of cordovan. The dark spots on the shoes seems to have been caused from leaking tanning oils. Should i return them?

 

 

Nearly all color8 shoes/boots have this kind of dye stain. And the stain should only be visible under certain lighting.

Just wear them in good health.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorbiant View Post
 

I don't know how stains are acceptable when you're paying $800 for shoes.

If you can only identify the dyed splotches with bright lighting and close examination, I would keep them.  I have a pair of color 8 SWB that are my favorite pair of color 8 shoes.  Six months after purchasing them I noticed the slight splotches (very similar to yours) when cleaning and brushing.  I am still perfectly happy.

 

You and others may disagree, but that is certainly your call and you would not be wrong to return.

post #69562 of 91294
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

First high quality shoe:  J&M Black Calf Blucher circa 1982 (father passed them down to me when I got married 15 years later; he wore them about 5 times in those 15 years; they're still going strong!)
Love to see a pic of those ancient J&M's. They're almost older than you.
post #69563 of 91294
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterL View Post

I just received my first pair of cordovan. The dark spots on the shoes seems to have been caused from leaking tanning oils. Should i return them? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)











Seems to be a fact of life with Alden lately. I don't think you should have to settle for poor QC on an $800 shoe but many will and Alden seems to know it. I am including myself in this scenario. I just received my preorder Tankers from Leffot. It was easily the most frustrating retail experience I've had, Alden or otherwise. To top it off, when I finally received the shoes, I had the same issue as you.....





Hard to believe that these were ever inspected by Leffot before sending them to me. But my options are to return them for store credit or keep them. At $800, those are hard options to swallow. Even more so considering that it's highly unlikely that I will ever purchase again from Leffott. But as others have said, we are all beggars and these boots won't come around for quite some time.
post #69564 of 91294

Merry Christmas fellow shoe fanatics

post #69565 of 91294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnc View Post


Seems to be a fact of life with Alden lately. I don't think you should have to settle for poor QC on an $800 shoe but many will and Alden seems to know it. I am including myself in this scenario. I just received my preorder Tankers from Leffot. It was easily the most frustrating retail experience I've had, Alden or otherwise. To top it off, when I finally received the shoes, I had the same issue as you.....





Hard to believe that these were ever inspected by Leffot before sending them to me. But my options are to return them for store credit or keep them. At $800, those are hard options to swallow. Even more so considering that it's highly unlikely that I will ever purchase again from Leffott. But as others have said, we are all beggars and these boots won't come around for quite some time.

Those are your only two options given a defective pair of $800 boots?  Store credit or keep them?!

I would personally raise hell over something like this.  

post #69566 of 91294
Merry Christmas everyone

First pair of nice shoes / alden: alden 404
First shell: alden ravello plain toe boot that I debated like a month over since it was so ''much" money
post #69567 of 91294
post #69568 of 91294
Shawnc, that stain is awful. Obviously don't know your back story, but, given the options, I'd return for credit and get on the next order and/or contact Alden directly and make a stink. Do not let Alden talk you into sending them in for a dye job. Thats really a shame. Hope your holidays improve.
post #69569 of 91294
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post

Those are your only two options given a defective pair of $800 boots?  Store credit or keep them?!
I would personally raise hell over something like this.  
Agreed. You would think that each pair of boots would be inspected at Leffot for defects before being shipped. The first thing that caught my eye was the outstanding toe stitching on Shawnc's boots, but that discoloration would definitely be annoying to me. BTW, Merry Christmas shoe junkies.
post #69570 of 91294
Merry Christmas to all.

Maybe some folks will be unwrapping some Alden shoes, valet boxes or other shoe gifts today.

Wearing black tankers on an airplane right now. Snuff suede chukkas in the carry on bag.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***