or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4629

post #69421 of 87485
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Those are some beautiful LHSes. I really like the shine and color on yours! Nice argyles as always.

-Mike

nephew,
thank you

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #69422 of 87485
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post




I am serious indeed. PM me if you want me to have you added to the list. Like I said, they won't be submitted until Spring since this is a new design to Kathy at Alden DC. She is planning to do them on Waterloc soles.

Alden DC just takes your name and size. No deposit or pre-purchase is necessary. This is the 3rd or 4th set that I have gotten her to run, all have worked like a champ and not required any upfront cost, despite me requesting non-standard narrow sizes.

-Mike

Mike- I am in! Sent you a PM. Thanks -Joe
post #69423 of 87485
Anyone aware of stores planning on getting whiskey LHS in? Citishoes says they expect some coming in mid next year (I haven't tried on getting on a list or anything there), but I was wondering if there were any others.
post #69424 of 87485
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

Mike- I am in! Sent you a PM. Thanks -Joe
I sent you a PM as well, Mike!
post #69425 of 87485
Is the Ravello Plaza Indy something that Alden DC has run before or is it a totally new makeup? If it's just a re-order I can see it happening, but if it's brand new I wouldn't get too excited. We tried to get Kathy to make a group MTO Cigar boot (the "Thor" boot - see Bakes' profile pic) almost 2 years ago and she hasn't been able to get it confirmed by Alden yet. Maybe if you can keep it to around 12 people you have a better shot. I think there were over 30 people on the Thor boot list, and she was having trouble getting an order that large confirmed for a rare shell color.
post #69426 of 87485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

Is the Ravello Plaza Indy something that Alden DC has run before or is it a totally new makeup? If it's just a re-order I can see it happening, but if it's brand new I wouldn't get too excited. We tried to get Kathy to make a group MTO Cigar boot (the "Thor" boot - see Bakes' profile pic) almost 2 years ago and she hasn't been able to get it confirmed by Alden yet. Maybe if you can keep it to around 12 people you have a better shot. I think there were over 30 people on the Thor boot list, and she was having trouble getting an order that large confirmed for a rare shell color.

Yeah, when I was at the shop on Monday, she was encouraging me to try on Plaza shoes. So I think she is willing. But, yes, part of her strategy is to keep the runs small. This is a new design to her. I got 25 PMs. Gonna organize it tonight to see which are multiples from same people.

-Mike
post #69427 of 87485
I think the Alden NYC cigar/whiskey runs were 20 pair each? So it looks like some small runs may be making it out of the Alden factory. Makes sense with so many retailers wanting rare shell shoes.
post #69428 of 87485
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

MTO

whom did you MTO these from?
post #69429 of 87485
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post


black medallion tip cap toe boot
cashmere otc
 

 

What do you do for a living? How many pairs of Aldens do you have?

post #69430 of 87485
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post


whom did you MTO these from?

 

Alden used to do MTOs a few years back... Now they only do special makeups from time-to-time for retailers.

 

-Mike

post #69431 of 87485
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Alden used to do MTOs a few years back... Now they only do special makeups from time-to-time for retailers.

-Mike

they do special mark ups for retailers all the time so i was interested which retailer can do it...
post #69432 of 87485
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post


they do special mark ups for retailers all the time so i was interested which retailer can do it...

 

I call around all the retailers every two months or so to see what they have in, are getting in, or have a list for... Very expensive habit.

 

-Mike

post #69433 of 87485
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

I call around all the retailers every two months or so to see what they have in, are getting in, or have a list for... Very expensive habit.

-Mike

styleforum= expensive habit devil.gif
post #69434 of 87485
Quote:
Originally Posted by redzero View Post
 

 

What do you do for a living? How many pairs of Aldens do you have?

 

Uncle Mac is an accountant, that's all we know.  He owns an undisclosed pair of Aldens, and he won't tell you exactly how many.  He, plus a few other thread heavyweights, decline to state the size of their collection, but I think it's safe to say that the top 5 guys on this thread are all north of 50 pairs each.  Hell, I'm a nobody and own 22 pairs myself...

post #69435 of 87485
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post


they do special mark ups for retailers all the time so i was interested which retailer can do it...

 


Uncle Mac can get pretty much any shoe he wants. 

 

MTO for Alden these days is a very short and exclusive VIP list, reserved only for their most dedicated customers.

 

Before you ask, it's invite only.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***