or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 463

post #6931 of 79363
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
The biggest pro from theshoemart is that (if you're buying out of state from their location), there is no tax and shipping is always free. Their return policy is also great, 365 days from the initial date in which you receive the shoes.

I waited for the tobacco colorway, I think I waited around 2 months for it. I recently put in another order for the dark brown colorway. There was no waiting for that one, I'm expecting them to get in in a couple of days.

Theshoemart has several Longwings, but the sizings are quite limited and they're a bit more than the J. Crew's.

Yeah the showmart has longwings but the are around$150 more, albeit a bit nicer but I'm already stretching myself to get these. Did you get the tobacco colorway, and do you like it? On the J. Crew website the color looks different in two different pictures, so I'm having trouble pinning down the color.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #6932 of 79363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newstyle View Post
Yeah the showmart has longwings but the are around$150 more, albeit a bit nicer but I'm already stretching myself to get these. Did you get the tobacco colorway, and do you like it? On the J. Crew website the color looks different in two different pictures, so I'm having trouble pinning down the color.

The shoemart longwings are shell whereas the J Crew ones are calf.
I could be wrong, but I don't think Alden makes a standard stock calf longwing.
However there are plenty of calf versions out there in addition to the J Crew ones.
Winn Perry has some on their site.

There have been pictures of the J Crew ones posted. Search around.
I think they were in a different thread than this.
post #6933 of 79363
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post
The shoemart longwings are shell whereas the J Crew ones are calf.
I could be wrong, but I don't think Alden makes a standard stock calf longwing.
However there are plenty of calf versions out there in addition to the J Crew ones.
Winn Perry has some on their site.

There have been pictures of the J Crew ones posted. Search around.
I think they were in a different thread than this.

Well unfortunately their smallest size in the Alden double Waterlock Longwing in walnut grain are available in a 9.5. Are there any other sites besides shoemart, blackbird, and leathersoul that carry these longwings at this pricepoint?
post #6934 of 79363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newstyle View Post
Yeah the showmart has longwings but the are around$150 more, albeit a bit nicer but I'm already stretching myself to get these. Did you get the tobacco colorway, and do you like it? On the J. Crew website the color looks different in two different pictures, so I'm having trouble pinning down the color.

jcrew has a 20% off online purchases coupon that can be used on the aldens.
post #6935 of 79363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walking Man View Post
How long does it usually take to break in the Indys? I wore mine for the fifth or sixth time yesterday and after a few hours of walking/standing around my feet were hurting. I'm asking this because I'm considering wearing an insole or should I just break them in more?

Do you have wide feet? Did you size down? Which indys, are they shell?
post #6936 of 79363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newstyle View Post
Well unfortunately their smallest size in the Alden double Waterlock Longwing in walnut grain are available in a 9.5. Are there any other sites besides shoemart, blackbird, and leathersoul that carry these longwings at this pricepoint?

You could get on shoemarts seconds list or call them and see if they have the longwings you are interested in on it. I have seen what appear to me to be the jcrew longwings on the seconds list a few times.
post #6937 of 79363
Quote:
Originally Posted by sockpuppets View Post
jcrew has a 20% off online purchases coupon that can be used on the aldens.

Yeah i'm kinda leaning thowards this. It seems easier through J. Crew. I'm just a little weary on the color. Is it just me or do they seem a bit orange?
post #6938 of 79363
Quote:
Originally Posted by sockpuppets View Post
Do you have wide feet? Did you size down? Which indys, are they shell?

They're the Ultimate Indys and I did size down. The last time I was measured I was a size 10D so I bought them in a 9.5D. I'm thinking it's just due to the large toe box and my boney foot moving around when I walk. I'll try them with insole inserts and see how my feet feel afterwards.
post #6939 of 79363
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
The biggest pro from theshoemart is that (if you're buying out of state from their location), there is no tax and shipping is always free. Their return policy is also great, 365 days from the initial date in which you receive the shoes.

If you check their website returns are for 90 days. 365 days no longer.
post #6940 of 79363
Quote:
Originally Posted by sockpuppets View Post
jcrew has a 20% off online purchases coupon that can be used on the aldens.

Would you mind reposting the coupon code? Thanks!
post #6941 of 79363
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever123 View Post
thats a great color, well done sir.

thank you
post #6942 of 79363

whiskey chukkas
post #6943 of 79363
Quote:
Originally Posted by interlockingny View Post
If you check their website returns are for 90 days. 365 days no longer.

I spoke with them over the phone in the past week, returns are still accepted within 365 days even if it's not advertised that way. I am sure they have no problem getting back Aldens but some of the other brands they sell may changes styles seasonally and it may be better for them to not get returns almost a year later.
post #6944 of 79363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newstyle View Post
Yeah i'm kinda leaning thowards this. It seems easier through J. Crew. I'm just a little weary on the color. Is it just me or do they seem a bit orange?
The color is different than on the J Crew site. I think it is lighter IIRC.

Here are gnatty8's J Crews:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...64#post2931464
post #6945 of 79363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahab View Post
The color is different than on the J Crew site. I think it is lighter IIRC.

Here are gnatty8's J Crews:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...64#post2931464
Yep, the color in real life is different than that of the website.

Rats, I didn't know about the 20% off working on Aldens. And there I was, trying to save myself a penny by using the in house red phone to order, lol.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***