or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4577

post #68641 of 94410
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Sweet!

Same here. Emailed them and they are sending out today.
post #68642 of 94410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

There is nothing reasonable about the amount of expensive shoes that I have, many of which look very similar to each other.  This is not a game of logic and reason, rather one of irresponsibly acting upon impulses.

Go for it!

+1
post #68643 of 94410
Quote:
Originally Posted by docalden2013 View Post


To top it all off, the Apple geniuses confirmed that my computer's hard drive is not only likely cooked (along with some of my important data and family pictures), but that its logic board is also apparently done. So, by the end of the day, I spent the equivalent of four pairs of shell boots investing in a new computer rig, backup system. Of course, dear wife feels the sting and has asked me to dial back my SF-related purchases for a stretch.

Rant over. Just needed to get it off my chest, as I thought venting to patients would be a bad idea wink.gif

PS - is there a Mac method for my new Mac? It just doesn't have the smell or patina of Ravello, Whiskey, Cigar or King.

As someone who has had 3 separate macbooks declared dead by Apple because of a "fried logic board - water damage" I can say with almost 100% certainty that your hard drive is perfectly fine. Once I decided to build a windows desktop due to apples atrocious customer service, I simply plugged the hard drives in and was able to access everything no probem with a program called macdrive.
post #68644 of 94410
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post


Okay, next week I will go Black Shell.

 

Yes!!! This is something that I can actually participate in since I don't yet own any Whiskey shell for Whiskey Wednesday.  The only problem is, tifosi and I will be wearing practically the same boot every Friday!  Haha

post #68645 of 94410
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandchau View Post

Yes!!! This is something that I can actually participate in since I don't yet own any Whiskey shell for Whiskey Wednesday.  The only problem is, tifosi and I will be wearing practically the same boot every Friday!  Haha
I don't see a problem with that, Alex. No practically here...they are exactly the same boot! Ha!
post #68646 of 94410
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


I don't see a problem with that, Alex. No practically here...they are exactly the same boot! Ha!

I have a few black shell shoes that I can rotate. If I remember, I am in.

post #68647 of 94410
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post

I have a few black shell shoes that I can rotate. If I remember, I am in.
I want a black shell shoe. I am torn between LWB or maybe a straight tip blucher. All I have is my 4065 boots.
post #68648 of 94410
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


I want a black shell shoe. I am torn between LWB or maybe a straight tip blucher. All I have is my 4065 boots.

*COUGH* NST

post #68649 of 94410
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post

*COUGH* NST
Oh yea...how could I forget!!??!!
post #68650 of 94410
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


Oh yea...how could I forget!!??!!

Back when there was sunshine and warmth on earth...

 

Created with GIMP

post #68651 of 94410
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post

Back when there was sunshine and warmth on earth...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Created with GIMP
I barely remember those days. The black NST look great!
post #68652 of 94410
Quote:
Originally Posted by a bag of it View Post


As someone who has had 3 separate macbooks declared dead by Apple because of a "fried logic board - water damage" I can say with almost 100% certainty that your hard drive is perfectly fine. Once I decided to build a windows desktop due to apples atrocious customer service, I simply plugged the hard drives in and was able to access everything no probem with a program called macdrive.

Unbelievable.  And Apple calls its customer service area "the Genius Desk."  And you have to make an appointment with the "Geniuses" to get their attention. 

 

I recently destroyed the screen of my son's Iphone and was thus introduced to the Genius Desk.  After 3 hours my problem was resolved, and I was grateful that the tech hung in there and helped me get it done.   But a large part of the delay was due to  the process by which Apple has chosen to transfer data from one phone to the other, which is makes it difficult or cumbersome unless you use itunes - in other words, it is designed to steer you to use their product.   

post #68653 of 94410

Color 8 LHS for a Friday off of work... :-)

 

post #68654 of 94410
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Color 8 LHS for a Friday off of work... :-)

Off work??? How do you plan on paying for more shoes?????
post #68655 of 94410
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkiu View Post
 

Double shot of whiskey

 

Whiskey cordovan tanker

Ashland Leather whiskey cordovan card case

Patek Philippe Nautilus

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

A whole lot of Winning going on there

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***