or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4495

post #67411 of 94684
They sure restrict the hell out of guns here and most other fun things.
post #67412 of 94684

New legislation declared ownership of "gunboats" illegal in the state :)

post #67413 of 94684
Quote:
Originally Posted by GooseG View Post

A little offbeat...

Any Beckman owners in here? I'm curious about the sizing on these. My 8.5D Trubalance (9D Brannock) is a perfect fit for reference.


I nearly purchased the Beckman Chukka boots with commando sole a couple of years ago.  They run tts; do not size down to your barrie size.  Your foot will be in great pain if you do.  I can't speak with any confidence about the other Beckman boots and sizing.  They seem to be very well-constructed.  You should be able to find great prices on line.

post #67414 of 94684
Quote:
Originally Posted by GooseG View Post

A little offbeat...

Any Beckman owners in here? I'm curious about the sizing on these. My 8.5D Trubalance (9D Brannock) is a perfect fit for reference.

I have a pair of the beckman gentleman travelers in 10d, which is my Barrie size. For me 10d in beckman is perfect- just roomy enough for a pair of thicker wool socks when necessary.
post #67415 of 94684
Quote:
Originally Posted by GooseG View Post

A little offbeat...

Any Beckman owners in here? I'm curious about the sizing on these. My 8.5D Trubalance (9D Brannock) is a perfect fit for reference.
 

It might make more sense for you to ask that questions here:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/55475/red-wing-boots-your-opinion

post #67416 of 94684
Originally Posted by blue collar View Post


Bad arse!!

 

And to end the day in style here is another detail that can make a difference ... of course everything always done by hand....

post #67417 of 94684
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Whiskey PTBs, darker almost light Ravello color:



And a bonus Whiskey, Ravello and Color 4 pic

Awesome family photo.  I can only hope to find a rare color boot one day in my size!  Until then I will enjoy your photos.

 

See Ya,

Steve

post #67418 of 94684
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

whiskey sw





Loving the recent addition of the profile shots to your stunning POV shots!
post #67419 of 94684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post
 

It might make more sense for you to ask that questions here:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/55475/red-wing-boots-your-opinion


nahhhh this way we can compare with alden lasts and sizing!

was surprised that the beckmans are so expensive...somehow thought red wings were generally cheaper

post #67420 of 94684
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqroot3 View Post
 


nahhhh this way we can compare with alden lasts and sizing!

was surprised that the beckmans are so expensive...somehow thought red wings were generally cheaper

You could compare Redwings to alden's just as appropriately (I argue even more appropriately) in the Redwing thread as you could in the Alden thread.  I'm sure many participants in that thread are also familiar with the Indy boot and its sizing.  That way, we don't end up with a Redwing conversation in the the Alden thread.

 

Not saying that I'm bent out of shape over his questions, just thought it was turning into a conversation that was more appropriate for that venue.

post #67421 of 94684
Quote:
Originally Posted by brp2 View Post

Those are stunning.
Thank you sir.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

+1 absolutely. How do you do it MrDV?
Thanks be. I have a nice camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue collar View Post

Loving the recent addition of the profile shots to your stunning POV shots!
Thanks blue. I like the new angle as well. I can't see any spots or blemishes from 3 ft away, reminds me not to be concerned with every scratch.
post #67422 of 94684
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Whiskey PTBs, darker almost light Ravello color:



And a bonus Whiskey, Ravello and Color 4 pic

All very nice models. nod[1].gif

I personally prefer the ravello boot going away. Where did you find that model?
post #67423 of 94684
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

All very nice models. nod[1].gif

I personally prefer the ravello boot going away. Where did you find that model?

I bought it here, it is a second from Anatomica Paris, modified last
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

that is a very nice collection. the sw boots are epic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalair1 View Post

Awesome family photo.  I can only hope to find a rare color boot one day in my size!  Until then I will enjoy your photos.

See Ya,
Steve

Thank you
post #67424 of 94684


Kudu chukka with the Goodyear rubber tread. Can get hosed down and still have dry feet.
post #67425 of 94684
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

Thanks be. I have a nice camera.
No need to be so modest sir. You have a most enviable shoe collection.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***