or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4462

post #66916 of 94100

For those guys selling their JCrew #8 cap toe boots, I'm just curious.  Why do you think it is that you did not wear them/decide they didn't work in your rotation?  Redundancy?  Didn't work with wardrobe?  I'm waiting for a pair of mine, though I am not yet sure if I will keep them, given that I have 3 other pre-orders for boots.  Would be interesting to know.

post #66917 of 94100
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post
 

For those guys selling their JCrew #8 cap toe boots, I'm just curious.  Why do you think it is that you did not wear them/decide they didn't work in your rotation?  Redundancy?  Didn't work with wardrobe?  I'm waiting for a pair of mine, though I am not yet sure if I will keep them, given that I have 3 other pre-orders for boots.  Would be interesting to know.

 

for me.. once I got the naval boot in #8 I realized I'd be grabbing them more often than the jcrew pct. im casually dressed for the most part

post #66918 of 94100
I had the JCrew Captoes before, sold them, and recently purchased them again, .5 size up. They are more comfortable now, so I think they will stick around longer. Mine are great because they don't have any flaws that Alden shoes regularly come with (weird indentations or scratches, uneven color, easily broken/pulled speedhooks, etc.).

nephew uncle nephew uncle nephew
Edited by Mr. Moo - 11/21/13 at 4:40pm
post #66919 of 94100
...and I bought them because I wanted a solid go to boot that would look good with a gray suit and a pair of jeans!

For the record I bought mine off of a J.Crew go between smile.gif
post #66920 of 94100
Well, my gunboats came in today. Unfortunately, I ordered a 8.5 and got a 9.5! The shoes were so long that the widest part of my foot was pinched by the shoe's waist.

Big ups to Epaulet though. They just rushed out my correct size. These things are gorgeous though..can't wait!
post #66921 of 94100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subutai View Post
 

 

Does the unlined PTB have an antique welt? May I ask where you picked those up, they look pretty new!

+1

 

Does it also happen to be the Dover pattern?  I've been searching high and low for that exact shoe for the past 48 hours, and haven't found anything.

 

BTW, Does anyone know if there are any Alden retailers on West Roosevelt Road in Chicago that are currently having a sale???

post #66922 of 94100
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post
 

 

for me.. once I got the naval boot in #8 I realized I'd be grabbing them more often than the jcrew pct. im casually dressed for the most part

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

I had the JCrew Captoes before, sold them, and recently purchased them again, .5 size up. They are more comfortable now, so I think they will stick around longer. Mine are great because they don't have any flaws that Alden shoes regularly come with (weird indentations or scratches, uneven color, easily broken/pulled speedhooks, etc.).

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post

...and I bought them because I wanted a solid go to boot that would look good with a gray suit and a pair of jeans!

For the record I bought mine off of a J.Crew go between smile.gif

 

Thank you, gentlemen.  That is very useful.  I'm excited about mine (actually more excited about these than I am about the Leffot Tanker, which seems somehow like a blasphemous statement, but I see myself getting more use out of them).  I do have to consider what I'd do if I had the opportunity to get the naval boot instead though.  I think, for me, I prefer the 270 welt, but it's a tough choice.

post #66923 of 94100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

I had the JCrew Captoes before, sold them, and recently purchased them again, .5 size up. They are more comfortable now, so I think they will stick around longer. Mine are great because they don't have any flaws that Alden shoes regularly come with (weird indentations or scratches, uneven color, easily broken/pulled speedhooks, etc.).

nephew uncle nephew uncle nephew

sup nephew
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post

...and I bought them because I wanted a solid go to boot that would look good with a gray suit and a pair of jeans!

For the record I bought mine off of a J.Crew go between smile.gif

same here, i wanted a go to lace up and looked for a lot of sw&d brands but wound up taking a risk with good old alden, i bought these: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
from LS and it was my first alden in plaza last. They are comfy right out of the box and they are my go to footwear as of late. Of course it helps that i did not have those QC issues moo mentioned.

i sense more aldens in my future...
post #66924 of 94100

^ I slept on my chance to grab those.  Too bad.  Those are just phenomenal.

post #66925 of 94100
When did they do this run? I have been looking for ravello chukka forever
Edited by circleslife - 11/21/13 at 7:59pm
post #66926 of 94100
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

rotflmao.gif  just sold the exact pair, same size everything. never wore them sadly

post #66927 of 94100
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

For those guys selling their JCrew #8 cap toe boots, I'm just curious.  Why do you think it is that you did not wear them/decide they didn't work in your rotation?  Redundancy?  Didn't work with wardrobe?  I'm waiting for a pair of mine, though I am not yet sure if I will keep them, given that I have 3 other pre-orders for boots.  Would be interesting to know.

cannibalism. #8 is such a versatile color that youre tempted to purchase it every makeup that pops up. im sure many here can wear a unique #8 makeup everyday of the week but alas only 7 days in the week. one of my 2 pairs of #8 captoe boots have to go
post #66928 of 94100
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

1049745

nephew,

thank you
post #66929 of 94100
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

Does anyone have a tip on where I might be able to find dark brown CXL chukkas on commando? I've searched online but haven't seen anything. Thanks in advance.

ShoeMart in CT stocks this model. So does a retailer in Atlanta, GA called H. Stockton.  H. Stockton stocks (pun sort of intended) the chukka only in "D" widths.  

post #66930 of 94100
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post


cannibalism. #8 is such a versatile color that youre tempted to purchase it every makeup that pops up. im sure many here can wear a unique #8 makeup everyday of the week but alas only 7 days in the week. one of my 2 pairs of #8 captoe boots have to go

 

.

 

#8 pct boot

#8 indy

#8 naval

#8 wingtip plaza boot

#8 plaza chukka

 

one had to go lol

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***