or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4461

post #66901 of 94373
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

I am trying to resist, you're making it difficult.
I have #8 lwb, my cigar lwb have antique edge, but yours also look so good.
Great shoes, enjoy.

Is anyone offering the antique edge on a #8 lwb?
post #66902 of 94373
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

beautiful!

feel free to pm me when you feel the itch to sell off a pair  or two from your collection smile.gif

ive got a size 11.5 jcrew #8 boot. you interested for $400-$450 ish? biggrin.gif
post #66903 of 94373
Is there any way to make the thread more easily readable, like inserting a FAQ right after the first page? I am not a stickler for styleforum rules or best practices, but we get certain questions (how do Barrie shoes vs boots fit, where can I find cigar captoe boots or color 8 antique longwings, etc) seemingly multiple times a day. For example, it seems like dozens of posters own the Color 8 Antique Longwing from Leffot and have posted their examples, yet people still don't know where to find this shoe. There are so many posts in the thread that it may not be easy to find answers by searching.
post #66904 of 94373

How winter-worthy are the leather soles of boots such as the parajumpers? How do they put up with rain, wet ground (and snow)?

post #66905 of 94373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Is there any way to make the thread more easily readable, like inserting a FAQ right after the first page? I am not a stickler for styleforum rules or best practices, but we get certain questions (how do Barrie shoes vs boots fit, where can I find cigar captoe boots or color 8 antique longwings, etc) seemingly multiple times a day. For example, it seems like dozens of posters own the Color 8 Antique Longwing from Leffot and have posted their examples, yet people still don't know where to find this shoe. There are so many posts in the thread that it may not be easy to find answers by searching.

YES! PLEASE!:brick:

 

 

BTW, Does anyone know where I can get replacement laces for my Indys?

post #66906 of 94373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

YES! PLEASE!baldy%5B1%5D.gif


BTW, Does anyone know where I can get replacement laces for my Indys?

I don't really blame readers for this issue - the thread moves very fast, and Alden is a confusing brand to follow. Since Alden lets retailers customize their own shoes and boots, there are hundreds of "models," so it is very hard to keep track of them. Even the "Alden stores" carry only a percentage of models. But if we can somehow make it easier for posters to get this information, the thread will be improved.
post #66907 of 94373
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino View Post

Do you guys tear through the lining in the heel fast? Just noticed two glaring holes inside my CXL Indys, but that's their second season already.

I have on pairs I've worn a ton. Alden's heel counters are very flat and unforgiving. I've personally found English shoes to have a lot more curvature to their heels. It probably doesn't help that I have a little boney bump on my heels.
post #66908 of 94373
Agreed! Less talk more pictures of cordovan only wink.gif
post #66909 of 94373
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post


ive got a size 11.5 jcrew #8 boot. you interested for $400-$450 ish? biggrin.gif

 

:rotflmao: just sold the exact pair, same size everything. never wore them sadly

post #66910 of 94373

I love the smell of fresh shell in the evening

 

AppleMark

Back(L to R) Jcrew Cadet, CJ RL Monks{Special Thx to Zippy}, Cigar PTB, #8 Tanker on Crepe - yes crepe and I like it

Front (L to R) CXL SW, Whiskey VTip,Unlined PTB, BB Captoes

post #66911 of 94373
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYDRH View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I love the smell of fresh shell in the evening

AppleMark

Back(L to R) Jcrew Cadet, CJ RL Monks{Special Thx to Zippy}, Cigar PTB, #8 Tanker on Crepe - yes crepe and I like it
Front (L to R) CXL SW, Whiskey VTip,Unlined PTB, BB Captoes

Not only a great collection, but a lot of these shoes are pretty uncommon
post #66912 of 94373
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYDRH View Post
 

I love the smell of fresh shell in the evening

 

AppleMark

Back(L to R) Jcrew Cadet, CJ RL Monks{Special Thx to Zippy}, Cigar PTB, #8 Tanker on Crepe - yes crepe and I like it

Front (L to R) CXL SW, Whiskey VTip,Unlined PTB, BB Captoes

 

Does the unlined PTB have an antique welt? May I ask where you picked those up, they look pretty new!

post #66913 of 94373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subutai View Post
 

 

Does the unlined PTB have an antique welt? May I ask where you picked those up, they look pretty new!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post


Not only a great collection, but a lot of these shoes are pretty uncommon

Thank you sir!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subutai View Post
 

 

Does the unlined PTB have an antique welt? May I ask where you picked those up, they look pretty new!

Yes and it looks great, just got them from Leffot....get'em while there hot, I would guess they will sell quickly

post #66914 of 94373
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecoveringChef View Post

Is anyone offering the antique edge on a #8 lwb?

Leffot just did a run. There are a couple sizes left.
post #66915 of 94373
Just got off the phone with Ed at the ShoeMart. Got on the latest order of dark drown CXL chukka's on double waterlock. Should be due in 20 weeks.

By the sounds of things, those who were lucky enough to get on the Ravello wingtip boot order are soon to be very happy people indeed icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***