or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4399

post #65971 of 99300

I'm always hesitant to throw down too quickly because as soon as I do... Leffot springs a shoe that I can't live without.

post #65972 of 99300
$1000 Brooks Bros suits sound pretty appalling as well.
post #65973 of 99300
Quote:
Originally Posted by REguy View Post

Anyone here also have Cleverleys? I'm trying to figure out what size I wear in relation to my Aldens.

Anthony or George? From leathersoul? There are some really narrow lasts used there with d UK width as well. GC is made by C&J and AC is made by EG
post #65974 of 99300
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc wid it View Post

$1000 Brooks Bros suits sound pretty appalling as well.

Well I happen to like traditional clothing and think BB still offers a nice suit for a decent price.
post #65975 of 99300
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Anthony or George? From leathersoul? There are some really narrow lasts used there with d UK width as well. GC is made by C&J and AC is made by EG

Both. I'm thinking the Anthony would fit similar to the 888 based on the shape. Even with the sale, I hate to drop that kind of cash on a mistake.
post #65976 of 99300
Quote:
Originally Posted by REguy View Post

Anyone here also have Cleverleys? I'm trying to figure out what size I wear in relation to my Aldens.

 

I was tempted to try one a half size down from my usual 10D (basically Barrie 9.5 in UK E)...it works for me on EG. I'd take the Russian leather/burgundy shell saddle in a second just for the unique factor if it was my size.

post #65977 of 99300
Quote:
Originally Posted by calidist View Post
 

Are the Leffot Cooney boots a single leather flex sole like on unlined PTBs?

 

Yes

post #65978 of 99300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouldaville View Post

I was tempted to try one a half size down from my usual 10D (basically Barrie 9.5 in UK E)...it works for me on EG. I'd take the Russian leather/burgundy shell saddle in a second just for the unique factor if it was my size.

You'd definitely have to size down 1/2 from your typical US size. My main point of concern is whether you'd need to size down a whole size.
post #65979 of 99300
Color 8 shoes and belt with black pants, yes or no?
post #65980 of 99300
Quote:
Originally Posted by coinopcollector View Post

Color 8 shoes and belt with black pants, yes or no?
I wouldn't, personally.
post #65981 of 99300
Quote:
Originally Posted by coinopcollector View Post

Color 8 shoes and belt with black pants, yes or no?

No to black pants in general
post #65982 of 99300

^  Unless you are a male fashion model out at a nightclub in Napoli, I seriously doubt it.  I think the brown shoes with black slacks thing was a brief fashion trend last seen around 1999 or so.  It is theoretically possible, but I think it fails 9,999 times out of 10,000.   I also think it would be hard with an American style shoe like Alden.  Maybe a sleek, chiseled toe chelsea boot in cognac would work.  If you can pull it off, please post pics.

post #65983 of 99300
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc wid it View Post

$1000 Brooks Bros suits sound pretty appalling as well.

I don't happen to agree with this either. $1000 for an American made suit with a decent amount of canvas and pretty integrous fabric is a pretty good deal when looking at the options available. Perhaps you could shed some light on why you think this?
post #65984 of 99300
Quote:
Originally Posted by REguy View Post

You'd definitely have to size down 1/2 from your typical US size. My main point of concern is whether you'd need to size down a whole size.

Depending on the specific model, I would just have to ask and rely on Leather Soul's recommendation. They usually seem to be spot on, but yes $800 is a lot to risk on a non-returnable shoe even if on sale.
post #65985 of 99300
You can buy similar level (or better) suits at retail from a variety of retailers or even MTO (I don't mean random internet MTO either) for a few hundred less. Also, buying separates (requisite if you have a decent drop) from them is generally really annoying. Most BB cuts are not very flattering either.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***