or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4374

post #65596 of 86680

I have to give Kathy in the DC store props. 

The new 9905s arrived yesterday, and look great.

I ordered them and then after i placed the order on the phone, I got a call back 30 minutes later and was told that they were already allocated to another person. 

They told me they would wait list me if in fact the other person didn't come for them.

They called me thursday to tell me they were available. 

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #65597 of 86680
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

Just caught up on 200 or so posts that I was behind on. Some great shoes in there. But IMHO, this is the best! Awesome Dr !
Thanks for the compliment Sazon... Considering I had probably 2 posts from the 200! Hope all is well!
post #65598 of 86680

For all of you crazy for whiskey shell, I have noticed that Sky Valet (http://www.skyvalet1.com) has at least the plain toe blucher (9905) and leisure handsewn (6746).  And having inspected them in person, they are a very light batch of whiskey for those who obsess over such things. 

 

It seems like the inventory on the store's website is not always reliable.  I mention Sky Valet mainly because it seems like some people search far and wide to source whiskey shell, and I have rarely had a problem finding it.  Then again, I am not desperate to purchase all of the special order makeups or to have a particular style in every single color of shell. 

 

Cheers. 

post #65599 of 86680
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post

I have to give Kathy in the DC store props. 
The new 9905s arrived yesterday, and look great.
I ordered them and then after i placed the order on the phone, I got a call back 30 minutes later and was told that they were already allocated to another person. 
They told me they would wait list me if in fact the other person didn't come for them.
They called me thursday to tell me they were available. 

When they took your order the first time, shouldn't that be the time for them to tell you the shoes actually aren't available?

Glad it worked out for you, but that sounds quite disorganized.
post #65600 of 86680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Did you get up getting a 975 to pair with your Leffot longwings? I'm not too far from going that route myself.

Hi A - Yes, I did. They are on order from my friends on Trinity Place!

They are really 2 different shoes, as you pointed out.
post #65601 of 86680
Quote:
Originally Posted by coinopcollector View Post

If your resources are limited then get the essential staple Color 8 LWB. I have a 20 year old pair on their 3rd soles I wear weekly.

Would love to see a pic of some 20-yo LWB's.
post #65602 of 86680
Quote:
Originally Posted by N E B View Post

Hard decision ahead of me. What are your opinions, as seasoned Alden owners? These would be my first Aldens.

Pick 2:

1. J Crew Tobacco Longwings

2. Whiskey NST

3. Ravello PTB

4. Cigar PTB

5. Color 8 LWB

I want a bit of variety, but I am only wearing these in ultra-casual settings, like denim and such. Thoughts?

Get 5, then get either 4 or 3.
post #65603 of 86680
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothie1 View Post

 I mention Sky Valet mainly because it seems like some people search far and wide to source whiskey shell, and I have rarely had a problem finding it.  Then again, I am not desperate to purchase all of the special order makeups or to have a particular style in every single color of shell. 
satisfied.gif
Cheers. 

WHAT??!! That sort of rationality is blasphemy! biggrin.gif
post #65604 of 86680
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothie1 View Post

For all of you crazy for whiskey shell, I have noticed that Sky Valet (http://www.skyvalet1.com) has at least the plain toe blucher (9905) and leisure handsewn (6746).  And having inspected them in person, they are a very light batch of whiskey for those who obsess over such things. 


It seems like the inventory on the store's website is not always reliable.  I mention Sky Valet mainly because it seems like some people search far and wide to source whiskey shell, and I have rarely had a problem finding it.  Then again, I am not desperate to purchase all of the special order makeups or to have a particular style in every single color of shell. 

Cheers. 

Citishoes also seems to be a good source of whiskey and cigar cordovan.
post #65605 of 86680
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post


When they took your order the first time, shouldn't that be the time for them to tell you the shoes actually aren't available?

Glad it worked out for you, but that sounds quite disorganized.

I guess my point is that they made a mistake and then followed through and made it right when given the chance. 

IMO life isn't about the mistakes you make but what you do to make things right.

post #65606 of 86680
Quote:
Originally Posted by N E B View Post
 

Just checked Leffot. They only have small sizes left (6.5D, 7.5D, 8D for those interested). Looks like I'm out of luck there.

 

The whiskey NSTs seemed to be from a darker batch of whiskey. I obviously can't predict anything else thougI

If you are really interested, you should call Leffot and ask if they can add you to the order.  They may say no, but that is the worse that can happen, and I think it is highly likely they will be able to accommodate you.

post #65607 of 86680
Alden Longwing Blucher Cordovan Barrie last what size and with should i get (9,5D??)? I wear Wolverine 1k 9,5US, Redwing GT 9,5US (were to tight mid foot, but cobbler stretched them), Common projects size 43EU
post #65608 of 86680
Quote:
Originally Posted by robkez313 View Post

Alden Longwing Blucher Cordovan Barrie last what size and with should i get (9,5D??)? I wear Wolverine 1k 9,5US, Redwing GT 9,5US (were to tight mid foot, but cobbler stretched them), Common projects size 43EU
If you are a TTS 9.5 then I would suggest a 9D. I don't have experience with any of the shoes you mentioned.
post #65609 of 86680
Quote:
Originally Posted by N E B View Post
 

Just checked Leffot. They only have small sizes left (6.5D, 7.5D, 8D for those interested). Looks like I'm out of luck there.

 

The whiskey NSTs seemed to be from a darker batch of whiskey. I obviously can't predict anything else though.

 

If only they went down one step further, to 6D, I'd be in!

post #65610 of 86680
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkez313 View Post

Alden Longwing Blucher Cordovan Barrie last what size and with should i get (9,5D??)? I wear Wolverine 1k 9,5US, Redwing GT 9,5US (were to tight mid foot, but cobbler stretched them), Common projects size 43EU
If you are a TTS 9.5 then I would suggest a 9D. I don't have experience with any of the shoes you mentioned.

Redwing GTs are similar to Barrie.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***