or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4373

post #65581 of 87917

Just checked Leffot. They only have small sizes left (6.5D, 7.5D, 8D for those interested). Looks like I'm out of luck there.

 

The whiskey NSTs seemed to be from a darker batch of whiskey. I obviously can't predict anything else though.


Edited by N E B - 11/8/13 at 9:15pm

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #65582 of 87917
Quote:
Originally Posted by N E B View Post

Just checked Leffot. They only have small sizes left (6.5D, 7.5D, 8D for those interested). Looks like I'm out of luck there.
Leffot has on order due in soon. You might get lucky. Keep an eye out.
post #65583 of 87917
Quote:
Originally Posted by N E B View Post

Hard decision ahead of me. What are your opinions, as seasoned Alden owners? These would be my first Aldens.

Pick 2:

1. J Crew Tobacco Longwings

2. Whiskey NST

3. Ravello PTB

4. Cigar PTB

5. Color 8 LWB

I want a bit of variety, but I am only wearing these in ultra-casual settings, like denim and such. Thoughts?

I would go Color 8 LWB and then get the rare color that you actually can find, I think that Whiskey would provide you the most diversity possible. New Ravello is darker and is approaching Cigar.

-Mike
post #65584 of 87917

As weird as this sounds, in a sort of ideal world where any of those could be found, what would you guys pick? After picking up these two pairs, I probably won't be able to get more for a long time, so I just want to make sure that I am 100% satisfied here. I'm willing to search a bit to make it happen -- after all, as somebody famous once said, the thrill is in the hunt.

post #65585 of 87917
Quote:
Originally Posted by N E B View Post

Just checked Leffot. They only have small sizes left (6.5D, 7.5D, 8D for those interested). Looks like I'm out of luck there.

The whiskey NSTs seemed to be from a darker batch of whiskey. I obviously can't predict anything else though.
Can you clarify what is coming in?
post #65586 of 87917
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post


Can you clarify what is coming in?

To Leffot? That's for a Color 8 LWB with Antique Edge and Waterlock sole.

 

Otherwise I'm just a normal consumer :P No insider tips.

post #65587 of 87917
Quote:
Originally Posted by N E B View Post
 

As weird as this sounds, in a sort of ideal world where any of those could be found, what would you guys pick? After picking up these two pairs, I probably won't be able to get more for a long time, so I just want to make sure that I am 100% satisfied here. I'm willing to search a bit to make it happen -- after all, as somebody famous once said, the thrill is in the hunt.

 

from your list, I'd go cigar PTB personally (but antique sole, like from fransboone) and #8 LWB, but also with antique sole. I am dressed more casual than formal, so antique sole works perfect for me

post #65588 of 87917
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

cigar UTIP
argyles otc
29gbrsy.jpg
I'm loving the cigar utip.
The blue suede shoes are lwb from leffot.
post #65589 of 87917
Quote:
Originally Posted by N E B View Post

Hard decision ahead of me. What are your opinions, as seasoned Alden owners? These would be my first Aldens.

Pick 2:

1. J Crew Tobacco Longwings

2. Whiskey NST

3. Ravello PTB

4. Cigar PTB

5. Color 8 LWB

I want a bit of variety, but I am only wearing these in ultra-casual settings, like denim and such. Thoughts?
Ravello ptb.
post #65590 of 87917
Alden Longwing Blucher Cordovan Barrie last what size should i get? I wear Wolverine 1k 9,5US, Redwing GT 9,5US (were to tight mid foot, but cobbler stretched them), Common projects size 43EU
post #65591 of 87917
Quote:
Originally Posted by N E B View Post

To Leffot? That's for a Color 8 LWB with Antique Edge and Waterlock sole.

Otherwise I'm just a normal consumer :P No insider tips.

Might be the only reasonably attainable makeup that could convince me to buy Aldens again.
post #65592 of 87917
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post

The classic:
Untitled


Just caught up on 200 or so posts that I was behind on. Some great shoes in there. But IMHO, this is the best! Awesome Dr !
post #65593 of 87917
Quote:
Originally Posted by N E B View Post

As weird as this sounds, in a sort of ideal world where any of those could be found, what would you guys pick? After picking up these two pairs, I probably won't be able to get more for a long time, so I just want to make sure that I am 100% satisfied here. I'm willing to search a bit to make it happen -- after all, as somebody famous once said, the thrill is in the hunt.
If your resources are limited then get the essential staple Color 8 LWB. I have a 20 year old pair on their 3rd soles I wear weekly.
post #65594 of 87917
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

Just caught up on 200 or so posts that I was behind on. Some great shoes in there. But IMHO, this is the best! Awesome Dr !

Did you get up getting a 975 to pair with your Leffot longwings? I'm not too far from going that route myself.
post #65595 of 87917
NEB - Color 8 Longwings and ravello PTB.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***