or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4369

post #65521 of 98777


Alden Alpine Grain Salzburger by Epaulet on the Aberdeen, just received today. Had to size up 1/2...
post #65522 of 98777
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post

The classic:
Untitled

nephew,
good looking king gunboats
post #65523 of 98777
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV988 View Post

Nice cigars. Lydiard lacing looks good on these.

nephew,
thank you
post #65524 of 98777
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post



Cigar LWBs
[/SPOILER]

nephew,
good shine on your gunboats
post #65525 of 98777
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

An argument, in the form of a picture, for why chasing after exotic unicorns, at the expense of stock models, may be nothing more than a fool's errand. biggrin.gif

nephew,
+1
post #65526 of 98777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

I don't think you'll need to be too worried about the indigo bleeding onto shell, however I've only personally done this with #8 shoes so I can't speak from experience regarding the lighter shell colors. Suede one the other hand, unless you like that lived-in patina look, I definitely wouldn't wear while breaking in new raw denim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post

You can certainly get some bleed over on suede shoes FYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFride View Post

It will depend quite a bit on the type of raw denim and also whether you are in the soak or no soak camp.  Also as mentioned the color of the shell.  The raw denim I prefer is not sanforized and the maker recommends soaking them once before wearing as they shrink considerably.  I have not had much trouble with color transfer from these.  Another different brand that were worn un-soaked did transfer a bit of color to one of my lighter shoes (not shell).  If you are cuffing them then the inside of the fabric will be contacting the shoe and there is less indigo to transfer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n-domino View Post

FWIW, I haven't had any indigo transfer from my denim onto my snuff suede. The same goes for shell. I imagine lighter colors of suede would be prone to color transfer, though. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Planner View Post

I never had it as a problem on any of my shoes, no matter the material. Transfer of the indigo to the seat of my Jeep though was another issue. ffffuuuu.gif

Thanks for all the responses, just been a long time since I had indigo bleed issues. Shouldn't be an issue but just don't want to spoil my new whisky with denim.

Michigan Planner, I put trash bag on my e60 seats just to be safe today haha

Think I'm just gonna wash jeans a few times, not really trying to get any fades these days
post #65527 of 98777
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post

The classic:
Untitled

Beautiful.
post #65528 of 98777
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

nephew,
good looking king gunboats
Thanks uncle, hope all is well back in the old neighborhood.
post #65529 of 98777
Quote:
Originally Posted by coinopcollector View Post

For shoes it's LWB for me and just today I ordered the Tanker/ST boot on commando in king 8 from Citi Shoes. Can't wait to get them Tuesday.

CitiShoes was the source for both my No. 8 Tankers and No. 8 Indys.

Voltaire is wonderful to work with.

quick tip - the shoe trees they include are better suited to shoes rather than boots imo, so I ended up swapping them with pairs I had in shoes already.
post #65530 of 98777
Quote:
Originally Posted by kippy View Post


Nice. Are these Barrie lasted? What kind of sole on these?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post



Wow! Great looking boots. Congrats.

Thanks, gents. Yes, Barrie last, double leather sole. A very classic boot IMO. Glad to be able to finally add it to my small, but growing collection!

post #65531 of 98777
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post

Thanks uncle, hope all is well back in the old neighborhood.

nephew,
all is well
post #65532 of 98777
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennkim View Post

CitiShoes was the source for both my No. 8 Tankers and No. 8 Indys.

Voltaire is wonderful to work with.

quick tip - the shoe trees they include are better suited to shoes rather than boots imo, so I ended up swapping them with pairs I had in shoes already.
Thanks for the tip. Can't wait to get them.
post #65533 of 98777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnc View Post

As others have said, Alden will only resole with what the original sole is but there are many credible options available. Alden is commando is different from any other I've seen and is hands-down my preferred choice of soles, regardless of shoes. The profile is so low-key that unless you are doing hand stands no one will know you are wearing them. And in my opinion, they are unparalleled for comfort. I have short wings in commando, longwings in both leather and crepe soles and while the crepe is nice, alden commando is my number one. Here is a picture of my shortwings on commando. Hope this helps.

FWIW I spoke to Joe at The Shoe Mart today looking for a long wing boot on commando sole. Joe told me the only have the boot on doubl leather but for an additional $150 they can have any Alden shoe or boot converted to commando. I was surprised but that's what he said.
post #65534 of 98777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnc View Post


As others have said, Alden will only resole with what the original sole is but there are many credible options available. Alden is commando is different from any other I've seen and is hands-down my preferred choice of soles, regardless of shoes. The profile is so low-key that unless you are doing hand stands no one will know you are wearing them. And in my opinion, they are unparalleled for comfort. I have short wings in commando, longwings in both leather and crepe soles and while the crepe is nice, alden commando is my number one. Here is a picture of my shortwings on commando. Hope this helps.

Are those Barrie or Leydon?

post #65535 of 98777
Quote:
Originally Posted by coinopcollector View Post

FWIW I spoke to Joe at The Shoe Mart today looking for a long wing boot on commando sole. Joe told me the only have the boot on doubl leather but for an additional $150 they can have any Alden shoe or boot converted to commando. I was surprised but that's what he said.

That's not completely surprising unless it is the Alden version of the commando sole. It is more subtle than any other cobblers version of commando. And at $150, I'm not so sure it's a great deal. But to be clear, if it is the Alden version, that is definitely welcome news.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***