or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4358

post #65356 of 94225
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Whiskey PTBs

I finally got my Whiskey PTBs in the mail today and was super excited (all day) to get them.

I got home and opened them up and started photographing.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The green box of joy!



My new Whiskey PTBs!!!


Again, unfortunately when I took this picture I saw a scratch (HORROR) on the toe area of the left shoe.


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Here is a close-up of the scratch. It does not look like something that I could just buff out as it looks like it is at the dye level.


My poor new scratched PTBs. :-(


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
So, what do you think I should do? The scratch is clearly in the highest visible place of the shoe.

Thanks!

-Sad Mike

You may have already noticed this and decided the issue at the front of the shoe is more concerning, but it looks like there might be some uneven dye on the left part of the left shoe as well. I see a diagonal line in both pictures.
post #65357 of 94225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Doble View Post

You may have already noticed this and decided the issue at the front of the shoe is more concerning, but it looks like there might be some uneven dye on the left part of the left shoe as well. I see a diagonal line in both pictures.
Maybe a shadow? Damn those things are beautiful.
post #65358 of 94225
Filtered cigar...

post #65359 of 94225
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Decided today was "bring your Indy to work day". Just felt like wearing them.

Very nice indys. Great shine Tifosi.
post #65360 of 94225
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

Very nice indys. Great shine Tifosi.
Thanks, Mr.DV!
Edited by tifosi - 11/7/13 at 6:55am
post #65361 of 94225
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalair1 View Post
 

How about paying to have them re-lasted?  Anybody tried that yet?

 

See Ya,

Steve

 

I suspect that Alden would classify that the same way that they do an MTO.  They no longer do it.  I'm not so sure they ever would have taken a pair for re-lasting, out of the risk of throwing off the shoe's proportions, unless the customer was willing to take full risk and pay for the job regardless of the outcome.

post #65362 of 94225
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post


Very nice indys. Great shine Tifosi.

 

 

Man, the profile of the Indy never gets old. And the creasing for a boot like that will make #8 look amazing in the years to come.

 

I can't justify the shell version, just because my 403's would always get the nod for everyday wearing.

post #65363 of 94225
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyWellSpent View Post

I suspect that Alden would classify that the same way that they do an MTO.  They no longer do it.  I'm not so sure they ever would have taken a pair for re-lasting, out of the risk of throwing off the shoe's proportions, unless the customer was willing to take full risk and pay for the job regardless of the outcome.
I once asked Rancourt about making a pair of my loafers smaller. Said it couldn't be done.
post #65364 of 94225
Quote:
Originally Posted by GooseG View Post


Man, the profile of the Indy never gets old. And the creasing for a boot like that will make #8 look amazing in the years to come.

I can't justify the shell version, just because my 403's would always get the nod for everyday wearing.
I agree.

These are my everydays. I typically don't wear them to work but they called my name when I opened the closet today. Plus I heard it may be raining when I leave work.
post #65365 of 94225
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Decided today was "bring your Indy to work day". Just felt like wearing them.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Your Indy's look good tifosi. Hands down my trubalnce cxl Indy's are my most comfortable Aldens.
post #65366 of 94225
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

Your Indy's look good tifosi. Hands down my trubalnce cxl Indy's are my most comfortable Aldens.
Thanks, Be. I have a hard time deciding between these and my CXL PTB on flex sole for my most comfy.
post #65367 of 94225

these are starting to break in quite nicely.....surprised how comfy the monks are.

 

post #65368 of 94225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Doble View Post

You may have already noticed this and decided the issue at the front of the shoe is more concerning, but it looks like there might be some uneven dye on the left part of the left shoe as well. I see a diagonal line in both pictures.

Wow, good eye. That actually is a dye issue. But at least it's not on the toe. :-)
post #65369 of 94225
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLVol View Post

these are starting to break in quite nicely.....surprised how comfy the monks are.



Beautiful monks. Did you have silver buckles put on?
post #65370 of 94225
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Decided today was "bring your Indy to work day". Just felt like wearing them.


Tif, phenomenal Indys. Love them in Color 8.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***