or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4327

post #64891 of 87880

curious what others might be able to provide, info wise.. 

 

My recent acquisition of whiskey NST seem fairly dry (compared to previous, other shade, colors of shell)

 

currently, they have more of a matte finish.. curious what others might apply (reno or venetian possibly) to add some depth/shine to them?

 

thanks in advance!

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #64892 of 87880
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

curious what others might be able to provide, info wise.. 

My recent acquisition of whiskey NST seem fairly dry (compared to previous, other shade, colors of shell)

currently, they have more of a matte finish.. curious what others might apply (reno or venetian possibly) to add some depth/shine to them?

thanks in advance!

The Whiskey LWBs that I picked up over the summer are dry also. I plan to VSC them some to give them some gas.

-Mike
post #64893 of 87880
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post


The Whiskey LWBs that I picked up over the summer are dry also. I plan to VSC them some to give them some gas.

-Mike

 

good to know, thanks!

 

my first foray into whiskey. color is growing on me, but I'd like to condition a bit. luckily i have a big jug of venetian here :slayer:

post #64894 of 87880
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

good to know, thanks!

my first foray into whiskey. color is growing on me, but I'd like to condition a bit. luckily i have a big jug of venetian here icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

I have a huge jug of VSC also. :-)
post #64895 of 87880
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post


I have a huge jug of VSC also. :-)

 :hifive:

 

will never buy the smaller bottles when that golfing website offers the larger can for a fraction

post #64896 of 87880
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post
 

 :hifive:

 

will never buy the smaller bottles when that golfing website offers the larger can for a fraction

 

Has anyone experience any adverse affects after prolonged use of venetian? I've read that the pertroleum distillates aren't good for shell, but I am a little bit skeptical, seeing as it is recommended by horween.

post #64897 of 87880
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

 :hifive:

will never buy the smaller bottles when that golfing website offers the larger can for a fraction

I've been hesitant to buy the big one, as it's taken me a couple years to go through a small jar of Reno. But I've been wondering if you can you use VSC on leather furniture? I've got some home theater seating that could use some TLC. Has anyone used VLC on anything other than shoes?
post #64898 of 87880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakedsnake View Post
 

 

Has anyone experience any adverse affects after prolonged use of venetian? I've read that the pertroleum distillates aren't good for shell, but I am a little bit skeptical, seeing as it is recommended by horween.

 

haven't noticed any ill effects (but I am <3 yrs or so with using it)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by macjedi View Post


I've been hesitant to buy the big one, as it's taken me a couple years to go through a small jar of Reno. But I've been wondering if you can you use VSC on leather furniture? I've got some home theater seating that could use some TLC. Has anyone used VLC on anything other than shoes?

 

sorry, cant speak on that. 

 

I hear you on the big bottle taking awhile though. I'll admit, I've taken a pair of 403/405 indys from jcrew to be a guinea pig of sorts. I'll load them up with venetian. as I tend you use these are my day to day, yardwork go to, I figure a healthy dose of venetian would provide more benefit than harm

post #64899 of 87880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakedsnake View Post

Has anyone experience any adverse affects after prolonged use of venetian? I've read that the pertroleum distillates aren't good for shell, but I am a little bit skeptical, seeing as it is recommended by horween.

i cant speak to the effects of prolonged use of veneian however when i go two days without shell i become irritable, suffer from dizziness, and my mouth becomes dry. its nothing $700 cant remedy though
post #64900 of 87880
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post


i cant speak to the effects of prolonged use of veneian however when i go two days without shell i become irritable, suffer from dizziness, and my mouth becomes dry. its nothing $700 cant fix though

 

like a brotha from another mutha :fistbump:

post #64901 of 87880
fistbump.gif
post #64902 of 87880
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

I do the same.

damp cloth
let dry
thin coat of reno or venetian, depending on the shoe
let dry for a couple minutes
quick brush with horsehair
quick buff with microfiber 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

curious what others might be able to provide, info wise.. 

My recent acquisition of whiskey NST seem fairly dry (compared to previous, other shade, colors of shell)

currently, they have more of a matte finish.. curious what others might apply (reno or venetian possibly) to add some depth/shine to them?

thanks in advance!

Interested as well as my new whiskeys could use a little sheen. How would you decide when to use VSC versus Reno? Or how about Alden shoe cream? I have alden shoe cream and Reno but no VSC. VSC seems reasonably priced but the shipping makes it impractical if Reno or Alden cream serves the same purpose.
post #64903 of 87880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnc View Post



Interested as well as my new whiskeys could use a little sheen. How would you decide when to use VSC versus Reno? Or how about Alden shoe cream? I have alden shoe cream and Reno but no VSC. VSC seems reasonably priced but the shipping makes it impractical if Reno or Alden cream serves the same purpose.

 

to be completely honest.. I have no firm opinion towards one over the other. I just applies a very light venetian coating over the whisket nst that recently arrived. only on one shoe at the moment, moreso as a test.

 

I'm not a stickler tbh concerning conditioning.. to an extent, even breaking in.. I tend to lace them and wear them, and just throw some venetian or reno occasionally. no rhyme or reason

 

edit* venetian is well priced IMO from this website.. I grabbed a couple brushes and some other items to make it worth placing an order

 

http://www.foresupplyco.com/productDetail.asp_Q_catID_E_48_A_subCatID_E_55_A_productID_E_703_A_ZOES_Venetian_Shoe_Cream_E_ZOES_Venetian_Shoe_Cream

post #64904 of 87880
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

to be completely honest.. I have no firm opinion towards one over the other. I just applies a very light venetian coating over the whisket nst that recently arrived. only on one shoe at the moment, moreso as a test.

I'm not a stickler tbh concerning conditioning.. to an extent, even breaking in.. I tend to lace them and wear them, and just throw some venetian or reno occasionally. no rhyme or reason

edit* venetian is well priced IMO from this website.. I grabbed a couple brushes and some other items to make it worth placing an order

http://www.foresupplyco.com/productDetail.asp_Q_catID_E_48_A_subCatID_E_55_A_productID_E_703_A_ZOES_Venetian_Shoe_Cream_E_ZOES_Venetian_Shoe_Cream

Appreciate the response k-white. Thanks.
post #64905 of 87880
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

thank you tifosi. they do cheer me up.

that doesn't sound weird to me at all. we're sick.

thank you. not commando, I wish.

thank you sir.

thank you uncle mac.

sinnedk,
yes, barrie

i like em, kinda want a color 8 on plaza though.

do you wear those with a suit or casually?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***