or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4324

post #64846 of 91499
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

So you're the lucky one that's first on the list????

Kathy asked if I wanted them, and I said yes, so I guess it's me! smile.gif

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #64847 of 91499

Can someone please tell me (or reference me to a prior post that describes) the proper procedure to apply Saphir Reno?

 

I tried applying it yesterday to my ravello PTBs and they feel kind of tacky.  I first wiped down with a damp cloth, then applied Reno, let it sit 5 min, and brushed w/ horsehair.  Am I missing something?  They don't feel very smooth to the touch...

 

Thanks

post #64848 of 91499
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post
 

Can someone please tell me (or reference me to a prior post that describes) the proper procedure to apply Saphir Reno?

 

I tried applying it yesterday to my ravello PTBs and they feel kind of tacky.  I first wiped down with a damp cloth, then applied Reno, let it sit 5 min, and brushed w/ horsehair.  Am I missing something?  They don't feel very smooth to the touch...

 

Thanks

you may have used too much product. I use my finger and spread the tiniest amount of reno. I coat the thinnest layer I can. I brush after 5 min and buff with an old t-shirt.

post #64849 of 91499
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


Makes ME happy just looking at them, MrDV.

thank you tifosi. they do cheer me up.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post
 

I Lust those boots

that doesn't sound weird to me at all. we're sick.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnc View Post


Best boot ever......

Commando?

thank you. not commando, I wish.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by docalden2013 View Post


I would probably trade half of my Alden collection for the ravello wt boots. So lovely. So versatile. Well done, good sir!

thank you sir.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post


[/SPOILER]

nephew,

looking good

thank you uncle mac.

 

sinnedk,

yes, barrie

post #64850 of 91499
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post
 

you may have used too much product. I use my finger and spread the tiniest amount of reno. I coat the thinnest layer I can. I brush after 5 min and buff with an old t-shirt.

 

I do the same.

 

damp cloth

let dry

thin coat of reno or venetian, depending on the shoe

let dry for a couple minutes

quick brush with horsehair

quick buff with microfiber 

post #64851 of 91499
What edge dressing you guys use? I swear the dark one for number 8 is not black but dark brown. Can anyone confirm?
post #64852 of 91499
More importantly what does alden use from factory
post #64853 of 91499
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post
 

Friday afternoon happiness.

ravello boot.

 

Awesome, wish they were mine.  

post #64854 of 91499

safe to say, I'd trade 3-4 pair of shell for a pair of those ravello wingtips

post #64855 of 91499
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeassp View Post

What edge dressing you guys use? I swear the dark one for number 8 is not black but dark brown. Can anyone confirm?
it seems black to me, only sometimes some of the heel still show through so it may not be completely covered, and not look totally black.
post #64856 of 91499

curious what others might be able to provide, info wise.. 

 

My recent acquisition of whiskey NST seem fairly dry (compared to previous, other shade, colors of shell)

 

currently, they have more of a matte finish.. curious what others might apply (reno or venetian possibly) to add some depth/shine to them?

 

thanks in advance!

post #64857 of 91499
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

curious what others might be able to provide, info wise.. 

My recent acquisition of whiskey NST seem fairly dry (compared to previous, other shade, colors of shell)

currently, they have more of a matte finish.. curious what others might apply (reno or venetian possibly) to add some depth/shine to them?

thanks in advance!

The Whiskey LWBs that I picked up over the summer are dry also. I plan to VSC them some to give them some gas.

-Mike
post #64858 of 91499
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post


The Whiskey LWBs that I picked up over the summer are dry also. I plan to VSC them some to give them some gas.

-Mike

 

good to know, thanks!

 

my first foray into whiskey. color is growing on me, but I'd like to condition a bit. luckily i have a big jug of venetian here :slayer:

post #64859 of 91499
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

good to know, thanks!

my first foray into whiskey. color is growing on me, but I'd like to condition a bit. luckily i have a big jug of venetian here icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

I have a huge jug of VSC also. :-)
post #64860 of 91499
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post


I have a huge jug of VSC also. :-)

 :hifive:

 

will never buy the smaller bottles when that golfing website offers the larger can for a fraction

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***