or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4323

post #64831 of 87563
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandchau View Post
 

The Whiskey PTBs from Alden DC have just arrived.  I open the box to find that they sent me a 9D instead of 8D :censored: I went from 100-0 in zero seconds flat.  WTF!!!!!  Here are some pics, anyway.  If anyone is a size 9D and interested in this pair, shoot me a PM.  If not, I will be sending them back.

Here's a comparison pic verus my ravello LWB (new stock)

 

Alex,

 

I am soo sorry, because those shoes look absolutely amazing! Any way you can put in like 5 heel pads and maybe a few tongue pads to pull it off? Because those shoes look like butter for the feet. Best of luck! At least you were able to get the Ravello LWBs! I normally do not like PTBs, but these Whiskeys some how spoke to me, and so I ordered it. I really hope that mine come in the correct size though! I double checked with Kathy though, so I think that I am good!

 

-Mike

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #64832 of 87563
Don L looking good i really want to get #8 monks thanks to you now but its on lower part of my list too many things planned to buy.
post #64833 of 87563

Don L, nice monks. I wanted to get the #8 monks for a long time but decided that they just looked funny on me. I was also planning to change the brass buckle to a nickle buckle. I believe that Sky Vallet does a good job with that.

 

-Mike


Edited by mdubs - 11/1/13 at 8:01am
post #64834 of 87563
Thanks so much for the help, gang. Lovely thread and people in it!

Best,
ww
post #64835 of 87563
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues4life View Post

What do you guys think about this commando sole ( especially the heel ) on this shoe? I'm not sure i can get past that big rubber heel from the side but like the commando sole for winters in Ohio
]

Is this the Unionmade/ Walnut LWB? I bought that shoe last week, specifically for the darker leather/ commando sole combination and more rugged look. I bought it as a casual show that goes with the more workwear-ish/ EG kind of stuff I like. Perfect shoe for casual jeans/ khakis - not sure if they would go as well with a more formal outfit.

 

Mike 

post #64836 of 87563
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaum View Post

Is this the Unionmade/ Walnut LWB? I bought that shoe last week, specifically for the darker leather/ commando sole combination and more rugged look. I bought it as a casual show that goes with the more workwear-ish/ EG kind of stuff I like. Perfect shoe for casual jeans/ khakis - not sure if they would go as well with a more formal outfit.

Mike 
Without a doubt a great, casual, rugged-ish shoe.
post #64837 of 87563
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


Thanks, Be. I have to agree about CXL.

 

Everyone seems to love CXL......I guess I need to start wearing these guys at sooner or later......they arrived from Leather Soul in March and haven't touched pavement yet.

 

post #64838 of 87563
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
 

 

Alex,

 

I am soo sorry, because those shoes look absolutely amazing! Any way you can put in like 5 heel pads and maybe a few tongue pads to pull it off? Because those shoes look like butter for the feet. Best of luck! At least you were able to get the Ravello LWBs! I normally do not like PTBs, but these Whiskeys some how spoke to me, and so I ordered it. I really hope that mine come in the correct size though! I double checked with Kathy though, so I think that I am good!

 

-Mike

Thanks, Mike!  No, these are unfortunately way too big for me.  I do hope it works out for you though.

 

PSA : A fresh (never tried on) pair of Whiskey Shell PTBs size 9D is on way back to Alden DC. They should be back in stock on Monday!

post #64839 of 87563
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

CXL PTBs on this Friday!

I love the ptbs. Great looking shoes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post

#8 Monks


Great combo donl. Killing it, as usual.
post #64840 of 87563
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandchau View Post

Thanks, Mike!  No, these are unfortunately way too big for me.  I do hope it works out for you though.

PSA : A fresh (never tried on) pair of Whiskey Shell PTBs size 9D is on way back to Alden DC. They should be back in stock on Monday!
Have you decided to replace them with anything from DC????????
post #64841 of 87563
Just a tip, I ordered a pair of LHS in Ravello from the Shoe Mart last January. I just got my shipment notification. Not sure if they ordered any others with mine, but might be worth a shot.

-Mike
post #64842 of 87563

Hey Guys .. How do I remove rubber marks from my clutch pad from Shell Whiskey LHS?  Seems shifting and using the occasional brake ... I've developed a nasty rubber mark from the clutch pad on my left outside toe area.  Any idea's on how to get this off safely?  Thanks, I hate to get rid of the rod just to wear Aldens.  Not!

post #64843 of 87563
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipshot View Post

Hey Guys .. How do I remove rubber marks from my clutch pad from Shell Whiskey LHS?  Seems shifting and using the occasional brake ... I've developed a nasty rubber mark from the clutch pad on my left outside toe area.  Any idea's on how to get this off safely?  Thanks, I hate to get rid of the rod just to wear Aldens.  Not!
Ha! I call that collateral damage. Gotta drive...gotta wear shoes. LOL. For me if it doesn't come off with my normal mac method, it stays there.
post #64844 of 87563

Just throwing this out here.   Is there any way I could convince one of you that are sitting on multiple pairs of unworn shoes to part with a Ravello LWB or Wingtip Boot on Commando in 10 D or 10.5 D?   Or how about my grail, a Ravello Wingtip Boot. 

post #64845 of 87563
Quote:
Originally Posted by coinopcollector View Post
 

Just throwing this out here.   Is there any way I could convince one of you that are sitting on multiple pairs of unworn shoes to part with a Ravello LWB or Wingtip Boot on Commando in 10 D or 10.5 D?   Or how about my grail, a Ravello Wingtip Boot. 

 

HaHa, what are you offering? Any cool trades?

 

-Mike

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***