or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 433

post #6481 of 98770
^great pics davichan, and welcome!
post #6482 of 98770
Quote:
Originally Posted by davichan View Post
And most recently have purchased a pair to rotate them with:
Indy Natural Chromexcel 40557H | Trubalance Last | Shoe Mart.


Thanks for posting these great pics. If you have some more time, could you grab a fit pic? Like a shot of what they look like with a pair of dark jeans? Thinking of picking up a pair of the natural chromexcels; the leather looks great.
post #6483 of 98770
My parents are going to new York next week and I'm thinking about asking them to pick up a pair of Indy's for me. So was wondering if anybody has any suggestion for a store in New York that should have them in 10E?
post #6484 of 98770
Try Leffot or the Alden shop in NYC. Both are very quick to respond to e-mails.
post #6485 of 98770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggen View Post
My parents are going to new York next week and I'm thinking about asking them to pick up a pair of Indy's for me. So was wondering if anybody has any suggestion for a store in New York that should have them in 10E?
for Aldens in NYC i would also check out these: http://mouldedshoe.com/index.html http://www.leffot.com/ http://www.citishoes.com/ http://www.tomaustinshoes.com/ http://www.eneslow.com/ in Brooklyn http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/StoreFront
post #6486 of 98770
Quote:
Originally Posted by tellure View Post
Thanks for posting these great pics. If you have some more time, could you grab a fit pic? Like a shot of what they look like with a pair of dark jeans? Thinking of picking up a pair of the natural chromexcels; the leather looks great.
thanks GreatHighway,

Tellure, i will try to get a shot posted for you with a fit.
post #6487 of 98770
Never bought a pair of Aldens before. How do they run? Are they shoes that you could wear most days of the week and hold up? Was thinking about these cap toe cordovans:


post #6488 of 98770
My Roy boots making progress:
post #6489 of 98770
Nice, the Roy is a boot that just looks best all busted. Mine are coming along pretty well also...will get some pics up sometime. I end up wearing mine a good 5 days a week it seems, they are just so damn comfy.
post #6490 of 98770
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
How's the speed hooks holding up? I hear that the cordovans are the ones with the problematic speed hooks as the leather is thinner.

I've not had any trouble with the speedhooks on mine either and I've been pretty hard on my pairs.
post #6491 of 98770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post
My Roy boots making progress:


Very nice. Have you treated the leather with anything yet -- neatsfoot oil?
I can't wait to start busting my pair up.
post #6492 of 98770
Quote:
Originally Posted by slide13 View Post
Nice, the Roy is a boot that just looks best all busted. Mine are coming along pretty well also...will get some pics up sometime. I end up wearing mine a good 5 days a week it seems, they are just so damn comfy.

Thanks, and I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theuglylover View Post
Very nice. Have you treated the leather with anything yet -- neatsfoot oil?
I can't wait to start busting my pair up.

Thank you. I have applied Saphir Renovateur one time to the boots.
post #6493 of 98770
Should Aldens come in a cloth bag? I just bought a pair of 403 indy boots and they did not come in a cloth bag but instead wrapped in clear plastic bags (all inside the box, of course).
post #6494 of 98770
I just got 405s straight from Alden and they did not come with shoe bags either, I'm guessing the 403, 404, and 405 models do not...most others do including my Roys and Tankers.
post #6495 of 98770
Quote:
Originally Posted by tellure View Post
Thanks for posting these great pics. If you have some more time, could you grab a fit pic? Like a shot of what they look like with a pair of dark jeans? Thinking of picking up a pair of the natural chromexcels; the leather looks great.
as asked for, here is a mirror shot to give an idea of the look with a dark jean, Alden Natural Chromexcel Indy, with Ironheart jeans. sorry i am pretty short, 5'4", so not the best 6' sized typical tall look for ya! i am loving' the Indy's regardless, such a great material, build and color combo Alden has made with this shoe in my opinion.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***