or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4309

post #64621 of 98856
"Boozy" evening here...

Sipping an Elijah Craig 21 year old single barrel bourbon, and just received my Whiskey and Cognac Ashland card cases. These should pair nicely with the #2 I currently use.



post #64622 of 98856
^^ Very nice, Ryden.
post #64623 of 98856
These are fantastically comfortable. It's been far too long since I've encased my feet in calf.
post #64624 of 98856
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

"Boozy" evening here...

Sipping an Elijah Craig 21 year old single barrel bourbon, and just received my Whiskey and Cognac Ashland card cases. These should pair nicely with the #2 I currently use.




How's that Elijah?

I've got the Balvenie Caribbean Cask going right now..
post #64625 of 98856
Really nice. Enough complexity to tell it's aged without being too much oak. I would certainly recommend it.

Anxiously awaiting the Buffalo Trace Antique Collection. Should be any week now but the shit flys off the shelf faster than a pair of Cigar longwings
post #64626 of 98856
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Really nice. Enough complexity to tell it's aged without being too much oak. I would certainly recommend it.

Anxiously awaiting the Buffalo Trace Antique Collection. Should be any week now but the shit flys off the shelf faster than a pair of Cigar longwings

I'll keep it in mind- the bourbon of choice (read: actually at home) is Bulleit 10. I've been looking for Van Winkle forever, but that's a lost cause. They also just had a major robbery.
post #64627 of 98856
Van Winkle is worth the hype. I much prefer bourbon to scotch. I will take the sweetness of the corn base of the heavy peat any day. Take a look at the Old Fitzgerald 12 year for a lower priced bourbon that is super drinkable. Mimics PVW in many ways
post #64628 of 98856
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Van Winkle is worth the hype. I much prefer bourbon to scotch. I will take the sweetness of the corn base of the heavy peat any day. Take a look at the Old Fitzgerald 12 year for a lower priced bourbon that is super drinkable. Mimics PVW in many ways

Same. The Balvenie is one of the few scotches I like. I guess the rum cask aging makes it an "offbeat" scotch, but who cares...it's good.
post #64629 of 98856

Try Belle Meade bourbon.

post #64630 of 98856
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Van Winkle is worth the hype. I much prefer bourbon to scotch. I will take the sweetness of the corn base of the heavy peat any day. Take a look at the Old Fitzgerald 12 year for a lower priced bourbon that is super drinkable. Mimics PVW in many ways

For 12 year wheaters, Weller > Old Fitz.
post #64631 of 98856
Deleted for relevance.
Edited by Shawnc - 10/30/13 at 7:59pm
post #64632 of 98856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profligate47 View Post

Advice appreciated:

I really like these two models from Epaulet and cannot decide between the two. I need a casual shoe for minor weather--i.e., rain, light snow etc. I want a commando sole and if I could combine these two, I'd be home free.

I like the closed heel, commando, and eyelets on the blucher, but dislike the white ?? welt. Possibly Nick could darken?

I like the wingtip but not the extended heel (360 welt?) and not sure of waterlock sole since I've never had it.

Any comments welcomed...

Thanks.







http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/footwear/products/alden-for-epaulet-tyrol-plain-toe-blucher

http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/footwear/products/alden-for-epaulet-salzburger-alpine-grain-shortwing

 

I've thought about these before and basically came to the same conclusion -- I'd want the shortwing but with the commando sole.  TBH, I'd probably opt for the carmina alt wien in scotch grain - or else pay another $130 or so and grab the shortwings in #8 on commando from A-O-C.  Just me.

post #64633 of 98856
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDoc View Post

For 12 year wheaters, Weller > Old Fitz.

Not to derail this thread but are you going off personal preference or reviewers? Lots of guys hype the Weller 12 but I prefer the Old Fitz
post #64634 of 98856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profligate47 View Post

Advice appreciated:

I really like these two models from Epaulet and cannot decide between the two. I need a casual shoe for minor weather--i.e., rain, light snow etc. I want a commando sole and if I could combine these two, I'd be home free.

I like the closed heel, commando, and eyelets on the blucher, but dislike the white ?? welt. Possibly Nick could darken?

I like the wingtip but not the extended heel (360 welt?) and not sure of waterlock sole since I've never had it.

Any comments welcomed...

Thanks.







http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/footwear/products/alden-for-epaulet-tyrol-plain-toe-blucher

http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/footwear/products/alden-for-epaulet-salzburger-alpine-grain-shortwing

Command + Shift + 4 = Screen shot in which it allows you to select the area in which you want to capture and it saves to your desktop.

I would go with the short wing.
post #64635 of 98856
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy View Post


I like this. The #8 looks more like cigar in these photos. This make-up has always turned me off because of the purple. Sammy, or others that purchased these, is this batch of #8 more brown?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***