Lookin' really good DV. Anxious for cord weather to come my way...
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4271
Styleforum Top Picks
Regardless of which way one leans politically here, I think we can all agree that if we want any political advice or dialog we can find another medium for exchange.
Apparently we'd all pay for a horse's @rse if the price is right, but avoid contact with water at all costs.
(That was stupid but I thought we could use some comic relief. "Can we all just get along?")
I had time to call today. Unfortunately, they seem to be very scarce. Anyone notice any timing pattern for Alden BB cordovan restocks? I guess I've got a couple months before I have to return them.
It is neither my intent to look a gift horse in the mouth or to belabor a point, but as I begin the break-in process on my whiskey LWB's from the recent TSM madness, I'm wondering why in the heck they would sell me a shoe for $450 that they could have easily sold to me for $661. Given that many of the scores described on these pages are for exotics, and most have confirmed that theirs doesn't appear to be seconds or returns, it simply doesn't make sense. Not only would I have gladly paid full price, I would have been on pins and needles until they arrived. My theory, which is undoubtably based on wishful thinking, is that Horween finally has enough stock of exotics that they are ready to flood the market and put an end to the misery of those who have spent the past few years trying to score ravello, color 6, etc. Again, probably wishful thinking.
I was hoping to get the perspective of some of the more seasoned Alden wearers on why this happened and whether it has happened in the recent past.
Call Joe or Ed at TSM and ask him. I suspect he will give you a straight answer as to why TSM discounted them. They have always been up front with me.
You are welcome. I have acquired a few Alden for BB models by doing exactly this.
Not sure about timing patterns, but the most recent major restock was the tassel in color 8.
Thanks again. That is actually a really great tip … it's like pulling teeth trying to get my local SA's to hunt down an item from another store. They do it, but they make it very apparent that I'm putting them out
BB = Love/Hate
- ***The official Alden thread ***
Styleforum Top Picks
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › BNIB Cigar Dovers - 9D Plaza last 7 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Shell RARE Whiskey Shell Cordovan NST shoes in 9D US 9 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 9 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...