Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4244
Styleforum Top Picks
I have a Panerai and used to swap the strap every morning to coordinate with shoes/belt. While I like the ease w/w you can do that, it was still a hassle and I think it looked too fussy - a little too anal. That's just me. That Seiko is nice, though, and I am just saying how I thought the coordination looked on me.
9073 From Citishoes with Black Edge. Darker side of the cigar spectrum is typical on this make up from Citi, and appropriately so, IMO. TSM's version has antique edge, as depicted by other poster.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
My thoughts on a cigar balmoral. Still very formal. I only expect to wear these with a navy suit. Would not wear to a job interview, ect, where I would instead employ a Black or Color 8 Cap Toe. However, I would wear these cigar cap toes for social occasions where a suit is appropriate. Weddings, Christenings, ect.
If my memory serves me correctly, you already own the 9016, therefore, since you have the basics covered, this would be a nice addition. No doubt it's a niche make-up, rather than a staple.
I try not to follow the Epaulet and Carmina threads because they show photos of items I can actually buy, right now, 3 clicks away. Ep and Carmina also take special orders, bastards, both of them.
Which brings me to today's RL discounted shell talk...
You really should do it if it's not already too late.
Sizes are going fast.
Remember to use MPRE13 code if the discount doesn't automatically show up.
- ***The official Alden thread ***
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 42 seconds ago
- › Elegant '60s Wool Herringbone Raincoat 1 minute ago
- › hiking/backpacking 2 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Great nyc men's shops of the past 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Traditional, Military, Moto, Heritage Brands and... 5 minutes ago
- › TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other... 6 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 9 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 9 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015