or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4200

post #62986 of 89398
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosswound View Post

click for better detail taken with iphone

An absolutely amazing pair of shoes. Very nice patina and shine.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #62987 of 89398
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickfas121 View Post

Hello SF!

I'm interested in some particular Alden boots, but I'm having a hard time finding them.

Cigar cordovan straight cap toe boot in 10 D on the Grant last

Cigar cordovan indy boot in 10 D on the Grant last.

Any ideas on how to find these boots? Do you have to check these websites everyday or something? What is your strategy for finding a particular make up.

I'm in Chicago if that makes any difference.

Thanks for this great thread!

ˆ Yes, Kathy at Alden of DC for the Cigar captoe boot and either Yenni at J.Gilbert (Commando) or Alden of New York (double leather) for the Cigar Indy. FYI, the Indy is on the Trubalance last majority of the time so you might to try a 9.5D.

Good luck.
post #62988 of 89398
My cigar indy from nyc is on the barrie, also .5 down.
post #62989 of 89398
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagsun View Post


ˆ Yes, Kathy at Alden of DC for the Cigar captoe boot and either Yenni at J.Gilbert (Commando) or Alden of New York (double leather) for the Cigar Indy. FYI, the Indy is on the Trubalance last majority of the time so you might to try a 9.5D.

Good luck.
 

Are these individual salespeople at a particular store?  Sorry, I'm a little confused.

post #62990 of 89398
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickfas121 View Post

Are these individual salespeople at a particular store?  Sorry, I'm a little confused.

Yes to Kathy and Yenni. Call the former and call/email the latter and the Alden of NY store.
post #62991 of 89398

I got my first pair of Alden shell a few weeks ago from the TSM irregular sale. I wanted to see what the appeal was.  I could only find one spot on the left shoe, it is solid white dot, looks like the stain did not take on this part of the shell.  That and some sloppy staining on the inside of the tongue are the only things I can find wrong.  I definitely like the feel of the shell, cool but warm.  I also like how the tongue stays in place. Very sturdy.  These have the waterlock sole, i'd probably prefer the commando but for the price I wanted to try out shell.  My casual attire would probably be better suited for cigar, but the #8 in the dark eggplant is beautiful.  Not sure if I'll keep them but defintely a great boot and material.  A few pics of my first shell.  As you can see I haven't gone for the high polished look.  I think the dull look makes them less casual.  Not sure what shoe store tese were destined for, these are on barrie last.

 

Have a great week everyone

 

DuckOB

 

post #62992 of 89398
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagsun View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickfas121 View Post

Are these individual salespeople at a particular store?  Sorry, I'm a little confused.

Yes to Kathy and Yenni. Call the former and call/email the latter and the Alden of NY store.


I think he means to say call Alden DC and ask for Kathy.  Call or e-mail JGilbert and ask for Yenni.  For Alden on Madison just call.

post #62993 of 89398
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post


I think he means to say call Alden DC and ask for Kathy.  Call or e-mail JGilbert and ask for Yenni.  For Alden on Madison just call.

RTP, I appreciate the translation smile.gif BTW, I've had success emailing Alden on Madison too in regards to the Cigar Indy.
post #62994 of 89398
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckOB View Post
 

I got my first pair of Alden shell a few weeks ago from the TSM irregular sale. I wanted to see what the appeal was.  I could only find one spot on the left shoe, it is solid white dot, looks like the stain did not take on this part of the shell.  That and some sloppy staining on the inside of the tongue are the only things I can find wrong.  I definitely like the feel of the shell, cool but warm.  I also like how the tongue stays in place. Very sturdy.  These have the waterlock sole, i'd probably prefer the commando but for the price I wanted to try out shell.  My casual attire would probably be better suited for cigar, but the #8 in the dark eggplant is beautiful.  Not sure if I'll keep them but defintely a great boot and material.  A few pics of my first shell.  As you can see I haven't gone for the high polished look.  I think the dull look makes them less casual.  Not sure what shoe store tese were destined for, these are on barrie last.

 

Have a great week everyone

 

DuckOB

 

DuckOB, this is a fine first acquisition my friend!  This looks like a nice glossy shine to me... do NOT "polish" these boots.  Wipe down with a damp cloth, brush, and buff; nothing more nothing less.  Enjoy often and in great health!  (by all means, keep them!)

 

This likely will not be your last shell cordovan.  BTW, cigar is nice, but color 8 is king, as we say here!  :nodding: 

post #62995 of 89398
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post

When you are ready to unload those beauties... 

Gorgeous.

nephew,
thank you
post #62996 of 89398
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

drool.gif

nephew,

thank you
post #62997 of 89398
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post
 

DuckOB, this is a fine first acquisition my friend!  This looks like a nice glossy shine to me... do NOT "polish" these boots.  Wipe down with a damp cloth, brush, and buff; nothing more nothing less.  Enjoy often and in great health!  (by all means, keep them!)

 

This likely will not be your last shell cordovan.  BTW, cigar is nice, but color 8 is king, as we say here!  :nodding: 

 

Thank you for the help.  Two questions:

 

Is a cap toe color 8 boot flexible enough wear with a suit and out on the weekends?

 

Also, do you know what the difference is between double-leather and waterblock soles?

post #62998 of 89398
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Well...it's official. This IS my favorite Alden boot.

nephew,

thank you
post #62999 of 89398
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

Fantastic looking Ravello NST boots Uncle!

nephew,

thank you
post #63000 of 89398
Quote:
Originally Posted by notwithit View Post

Dear uncles and nephews (cousins?),

Today I joined the legions of Alden fan(boy)s everywhere as a pair of Alden (for J. Crew) chukkas in #8 shell arrived at my doorstep (or, more accurately, was handed to my by the UPS guy).



Huge props to the guy at the Chestnut St. J. Crew in Philadelphia, who spent easily 20 minutes on the phone with people at the Ludlow store in New York getting them to honor the discount I got online for the pair I wanted to exchange. It's entirely possible that I got the last* pair of 11.5Ds in the country.

Looking closely, I can already see some subtle variations in the color of the leather where the toebox has folded while I walk. It's fucking beautiful.

* Specifically, the last pair of Alden for J. Crew in my size; obviously the #8 shell chukka on the barrie last is available elsewhere.

nephew,

wear in good health
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***