or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 419

post #6271 of 79335
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmax View Post
Can anyone shed some light on D vs E widths of the same size on Barrie? Had an interesting discussion today with the guys at Tassels HK. The jist of it is that the E width is much 'blobbier' than the D width when comparing the same size.

I am considering a pair of longwings, but they only stock D widths here. I would need to special order an E.

If anyone has any pics it would be extremely helpful

For some shoes on the barrie the E does look blobbier while in others it doesn't. The blobbiness looks more pronounced on my PTBs or plain toe boots since there is nothing to break up the forefoot.

BTW, I'm a 9E or 9.5D in barrie and I'd say they are fairly interchangeable.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #6272 of 79335
@shasta: Are those shell or calf?
post #6273 of 79335
Quote:
Originally Posted by makewayhomer View Post
I'm not sure there should be any mystery. the E is wider and therefore will look fatter. how much, I dunno, 1/4 inch? not sure what the width difference is

I believe the E width is 3/16" wider than a D width.
post #6274 of 79335
Quote:
Originally Posted by shasta View Post
Definitely True to Size. I'm an 8 in the 405 Indy Boot, 8.5 in the Beefroll

Great stuff. Cheers.
post #6275 of 79335
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Impulsv View Post
@shasta: Are those shell or calf?


calf

http://www.blackbirdballard.com/Alde...ndy_17155.html
post #6276 of 79335
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybrowne View Post
For some shoes on the barrie the E does look blobbier while in others it doesn't. The blobbiness looks more pronounced on my PTBs or plain toe boots since there is nothing to break up the forefoot.

BTW, I'm a 9E or 9.5D in barrie and I'd say they are fairly interchangeable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by interlockingny View Post
I believe the E width is 3/16" wider than a D width.

Thanks gents, very helpful. Believe an E in the longwing is the way to go.
post #6277 of 79335
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmax View Post
The jist of it is that the E width is much 'blobbier' than the D width when comparing the same size.

Blobbier or otherwise if you need the E then that's what it be.

And, unlike jerrybrowne I don't vary a width in the different lasts. D is fo me.
post #6278 of 79335
Quote:
Originally Posted by interlockingny View Post
I believe the E width is 3/16" wider than a D width.

Is this difference constant over all lengths? Also, do you know the difference in width caused by going up/down a length while keeping the letter constant? I've been wondering about both these questions for some time.
post #6279 of 79335


Those 2-tones are just incredible. How much? I think you might be my size!
post #6280 of 79335
Tom - When you influence the creasing of your shell shoes with a pencil, where do you place the pencil and do you use it in more than one place? For example, on the cigar tassels, do you place the pencil under the tassel? Thanks.
post #6281 of 79335
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmax View Post
Can anyone shed some light on D vs E widths of the same size on Barrie? Had an interesting discussion today with the guys at Tassels HK. The jist of it is that the E width is much 'blobbier' than the D width when comparing the same size.

I am considering a pair of longwings, but they only stock D widths here. I would need to special order an E.

If anyone has any pics it would be extremely helpful

Note also that Alden shoes with E width in the ball area comes with C width for the heel width. In other words, the heel cup will be a tad large too.
post #6282 of 79335
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynahFaithful View Post
Tom - When you influence the creasing of your shell shoes with a pencil, where do you place the pencil and do you use it in more than one place? For example, on the cigar tassels, do you place the pencil under the tassel? Thanks.

One crease at the base of my toes, another crease slightly above that one.
post #6283 of 79335
Thanks Tom.
post #6284 of 79335
Are these 2 different colors or am I crazy?


post #6285 of 79335
Quote:
Originally Posted by HisAirness32 View Post
Are these 2 different colors or am I crazy?



It's possible you are but they don't look identical to me either.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***