or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4174

post #62596 of 87409
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

Thanks all for the advice on my cigar lwb and 975s. Unfortunately, economics dictate that I can't keep both so I'm going to list my 10D cigar LWBs for sale. Let's see what happens...
Pretty sure you know what will happen! haha I doubt they will be for sale for long.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #62597 of 87409
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

One of my two or three favorite makeups. I am assuming the commando sole Alden DC?
Thank you and yes. Just got them yesterday pre-owned from a fellow member.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Boy would they make a great addition to my captoe on Grant stable! Nicely done, MrDV.
Thank you tifosi. The grant fits me better than the Barrie. I wish grant was the default alden last for most retailers.
post #62598 of 87409
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

Thank you tifosi. The grant fits me better than the Barrie. I wish grant was the default alden last for most retailers.
Same here!
post #62599 of 87409
More plaza last fun today. My only black pair of shoes/boots.

post #62600 of 87409
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Pretty sure you know what will happen! haha I doubt they will be for sale for long.

You never know. Based on my current eBay auctions, a used Liddesdale coat is more in demand than whiskey wingtip bals. A similar listing of whiskey captoe shoes doesn't seem to be capturing much interest either.

Looks like cordovan bals aren't as popular as longwings. Don L's post made my significantly increase the starting price for my whiskeys anyway, I will likely end up just ending the listing and keeping them. They may end up being replaced with unlined PTBs or the Leffot longwings.
post #62601 of 87409
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiattbecker View Post



I know the risks, but I can't help wearing my suede chukkas with raw denim. Can I do anything to preemptively ward off stains? And what should I buy to remove them once they appear?

I understand that some people put tape on the interior of their denim (around the hem) which acts as a barrier between suede and dye. Others just embrace the fact that the dye will rub off. Not much more you can do really - once the dye is in there there isn't a lot you can do to get it out.
post #62602 of 87409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

You never know. Based on my current eBay auctions, a used Liddesdale coat is more in demand than whiskey wingtip bals. A similar listing of whiskey captoe shoes doesn't seem to be capturing much interest either.

Looks like cordovan bals aren't as popular as longwings. Don L's post made my significantly increase the starting price for my whiskeys anyway, I will likely end up just ending the listing and keeping them. They may end up being replaced with unlined PTBs or the Leffot longwings.
Well if they were anywhere around 8 and 8.5D they would be capturing my interest!
post #62603 of 87409
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post


I understand that some people put tape on the interior of their denim (around the hem) which acts as a barrier between suede and dye. Others just embrace the fact that the dye will rub off. Not much more you can do really - once the dye is in there there isn't a lot you can do to get it out.

 

This is a very effect method. You could also treat the shoes with something like the Nano spray. You can watch a vedio on Leffot's site where they dump an entire cup of coffee, with no ill effect, onto the shoes

post #62604 of 87409
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


Well if they were anywhere around 8 and 8.5D they would be capturing my interest!

 

I agree. 8.5D would be sold already.

post #62605 of 87409
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

Awesome MrDV.  So very dark for color 8, still beautiful though...
Thanks rtp. These were recently restored, came back very dark. I like them too.
post #62606 of 87409
All: heading to DC this weekend. My "musts" include Alden DC, Sky Valet, and the Church Key (the order hasn't been set yet and may have an impact on particular outcomes). Anything missing from my list?
post #62607 of 87409
King captoe boots on Grant last while waiting for BART...

post #62608 of 87409
Quote:
Originally Posted by brp2 View Post

All: heading to DC this weekend. My "musts" include Alden DC, Sky Valet, and the Church Key (the order hasn't been set yet and may have an impact on particular outcomes). Anything missing from my list?

The Ralph lauren store in Tysons Galleria has some C&J models. Also, the Brooks Brothers on CT ave usually has Alden models that you can actually see and touch.
post #62609 of 87409
Great thing about white Need Supply boxes...they stand out.



Unfortunately, this is one of the more narrow toe boxes I have seen on a Barrie (unlined 9.5D). They are more than likely going back, so if interested keep an eye on the NS site.

post #62610 of 87409
Quote:
Originally Posted by TactileOne View Post

Maiden voyage, think I'm going to really enjoy these.


On a scale of one to ten those are a ten thousand.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***