or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4172

post #62566 of 94707
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiattbecker View Post



I know the risks, but I can't help wearing my suede chukkas with raw denim. Can I do anything to preemptively ward off stains? And what should I buy to remove them once they appear?

I understand that some people put tape on the interior of their denim (around the hem) which acts as a barrier between suede and dye. Others just embrace the fact that the dye will rub off. Not much more you can do really - once the dye is in there there isn't a lot you can do to get it out.
post #62567 of 94707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

You never know. Based on my current eBay auctions, a used Liddesdale coat is more in demand than whiskey wingtip bals. A similar listing of whiskey captoe shoes doesn't seem to be capturing much interest either.

Looks like cordovan bals aren't as popular as longwings. Don L's post made my significantly increase the starting price for my whiskeys anyway, I will likely end up just ending the listing and keeping them. They may end up being replaced with unlined PTBs or the Leffot longwings.
Well if they were anywhere around 8 and 8.5D they would be capturing my interest!
post #62568 of 94707
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post


I understand that some people put tape on the interior of their denim (around the hem) which acts as a barrier between suede and dye. Others just embrace the fact that the dye will rub off. Not much more you can do really - once the dye is in there there isn't a lot you can do to get it out.

 

This is a very effect method. You could also treat the shoes with something like the Nano spray. You can watch a vedio on Leffot's site where they dump an entire cup of coffee, with no ill effect, onto the shoes

post #62569 of 94707
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


Well if they were anywhere around 8 and 8.5D they would be capturing my interest!

 

I agree. 8.5D would be sold already.

post #62570 of 94707
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

Awesome MrDV.  So very dark for color 8, still beautiful though...
Thanks rtp. These were recently restored, came back very dark. I like them too.
post #62571 of 94707
All: heading to DC this weekend. My "musts" include Alden DC, Sky Valet, and the Church Key (the order hasn't been set yet and may have an impact on particular outcomes). Anything missing from my list?
post #62572 of 94707
King captoe boots on Grant last while waiting for BART...

post #62573 of 94707
Quote:
Originally Posted by brp2 View Post

All: heading to DC this weekend. My "musts" include Alden DC, Sky Valet, and the Church Key (the order hasn't been set yet and may have an impact on particular outcomes). Anything missing from my list?

The Ralph lauren store in Tysons Galleria has some C&J models. Also, the Brooks Brothers on CT ave usually has Alden models that you can actually see and touch.
post #62574 of 94707
Great thing about white Need Supply boxes...they stand out.



Unfortunately, this is one of the more narrow toe boxes I have seen on a Barrie (unlined 9.5D). They are more than likely going back, so if interested keep an eye on the NS site.

post #62575 of 94707
Quote:
Originally Posted by TactileOne View Post

Maiden voyage, think I'm going to really enjoy these.


On a scale of one to ten those are a ten thousand.
post #62576 of 94707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouldaville View Post

Great thing about white Need Supply boxes...they stand out.



Unfortunately, this is one of the more narrow toe boxes I have seen on a Barrie (unlined 9.5D). They are more than likely going back, so if interested keep an eye on the NS site.


Thanks, Shouldaville. Now I'm excited. I just ordered the Church Hill Indys from NeedSupply. Package should arrive tomorrow smile.gif

Hope the shoes work out!
post #62577 of 94707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd V View Post

I would like to see a color 8 shortwing on the Aberdeen for all those who aren't cool
with the Barrie last.

Alden Carmel used to have them on the Leydon last.  I prefer my barrie lasted version though.

post #62578 of 94707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brp2 View Post

All: heading to DC this weekend. My "musts" include Alden DC, Sky Valet, and the Church Key (the order hasn't been set yet and may have an impact on particular outcomes). Anything missing from my list?

The Ralph lauren store in Tysons Galleria has some C&J models. Also, the Brooks Brothers on CT ave usually has Alden models that you can actually see and touch.

If you make it up to Baltimore (about an hour from DC, or 45 minutes by train), you should visit Samuel Parker Clothiers.  They usually carry the entire RL cordovan line (wingtips, penny, PTB, and I think Lindricks) in addition to a nice collection of Aldens.

post #62579 of 94707
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

If you make it up to Baltimore (about an hour from DC, or 45 minutes by train), you should visit Samuel Parker Clothiers.  They usually carry the entire RL cordovan line (wingtips, penny, PTB, and I think Lindricks) in addition to a nice collection of Aldens.

Shiny & RTP: thanks for the advice. Unfortunately this will be a very brief trip and I don't see myself making it to either the suburbs or Baltimore.
post #62580 of 94707
"Thanks, Shouldaville. Now I'm excited. I just ordered the Church Hill Indys from NeedSupply. Package should arrive tomorrow. Hope the shoes work out!"

I think you'll like that one. It seems to fit a little more snug than my CXL version, which is fine for me on Trubalance.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***