or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4153

post #62281 of 98838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouldaville View Post

Scroll down on the site..."second" version is $230.

Got it. Thanks.
post #62282 of 98838




Tassels for a Sunday morning at the office. I haven't gotten as much wear out of these as I would like. Trying to reinstate them into the rotation, but they seem to straddle the line between casual and dressy in an awkward sort of way. I think the natty cxl is casual, while the tassel is inherently dressy.
post #62283 of 98838
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGuy View Post





Tassels for a Sunday morning at the office. I haven't gotten as much wear out of these as I would like. Trying to reinstate them into the rotation, but they seem to straddle the line between casual and dressy in an awkward sort of way. I think the natty cxl is casual, while the tassel is inherently dressy.

Now there is something you don't see everyday!.  Thanks for sharing.  I think you are wearing them in the appropriate context.  That is the thing about tassel loafers.  They can be somewhat dressy to somewhat casual, but neither extreme.  The will move more towards the casual end of the spectrum as they acquire "character" with age.  Love the safe in the background.  (I can't blame you, I would keep those puppies locked up as well)

post #62284 of 98838
Ha! Perhaps I should, though that is not a shoe safe. There certainly are members here more deserving of a shoe safe. No shell yet... I've only bought Aldens on sales
post #62285 of 98838
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGuy View Post

Ha! Perhaps I should, though that is not a shoe safe. There certainly are members here more deserving of a shoe safe. No shell yet... I've only bought Aldens on sales

 

For $650+ for a pair of shells @ retail, I can't accuse you of being unreasonable.  I'd have an easier time calling myself unreasonable for having as many pairs of such shoes as I do.

post #62286 of 98838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnc View Post


RTP - can you tell me if your shell Dalton's are the same color as mine (2nd boot fro left, top shelf). I purchased the calf version a few months ago and while in Chicago a month ago I stopped in the AE store and after talking to the salesperson, they indicated that they had the shell version in one of their warehouses. I didn't even know such a thing exists. I purchased them with the expectation that the color would mirror the calf version. As you can see in the shot, they do not. I'm hesitant to send them back because it does seem to be a unique color. I'm just curious if your walnut shells are the same color as mine.



Thanks.

It's difficult to tell because of lighting.  Here are pics of mine...

 

Mine doesn't seem as rich in color as yours, but the lighting may have an impact.  I also haven't brushed or cleaned them up yet.  With the summer heat and humidity still here in the South, I haven't touched or worn mine yet.

post #62287 of 98838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

I know these are a bit controversial here, but I love 'em:
 

Why so controversial??  Solid looking casual boot... enjoy often and in great health my friend!

post #62288 of 98838
Out shopping with my wife today.
CXL PTBs
post #62289 of 98838


Scuffed while loading heavy road cases. Will this ever buff out?
post #62290 of 98838
Easy peasy, aldenfan
post #62291 of 98838
Quote:
Originally Posted by violethour1951 View Post

This is not directly related to Alden, but I thought fellow members may be interested in these USA-made Repair Kit chests from H Gerstner & Sons. Their "12 Repair Kit" happens to be the perfect size for storing shoe care supplies, and they're having a 107th Birthday Sale right now. I think it's a great way to support another USA manufacturer, as well as organize all your Alden shoe care supplies:


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

990382



Great find!

Gerstner machinist tool chests are fantastic. I've owned a knock off machinist chest for 10+ years now that I use for storage in my office. It's not the handmade quality of a Gerstner but its made in the USA of oak. It's larger than the portable version you posted. I originally used it for my watch collection straps, tools, etc. They were originally designed for tool and die makers in machine shops.

A bit of trivia for you. The small mirror found on the lid of machinist tool chests was used in the event that a machinist (tool & die maker) got a piece of metal or other foreign matter in their eye. Guess they've been around longer than safety glasses.


Edited by patrick_b - 10/6/13 at 7:14pm
post #62292 of 98838
i missed the boat on these leffot offerings, anyone know of stores with similar offerings?

post #62293 of 98838
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

It's difficult to tell because of lighting.  Here are pics of mine...





Mine doesn't seem as rich in color as yours, but the lighting may have an impact.  I also haven't brushed or cleaned them up yet.  With the summer heat and humidity still here in the South, I haven't touched or worn mine yet.

Definitely the same shoe. The 2nd shot seals it for me. I haven't worn mine either but I did apply some alden water protector and gave them a good brushing and buffing last night. Calling for a cold front with rain in Pgh tonight (after we spank St. Louis) and tomorrow. Might take em out for a spin. Thanks.
post #62294 of 98838
Quote:
Originally Posted by hideout View Post

i missed the boat on these leffot offerings, anyone know of stores with similar offerings?


I missed out too...and I love love love them. I'll probably old out for CXL PTBs from TSM. How's that for inside show jargon?
post #62295 of 98838
I don't think anyone else is placing the shoe on a red brick sole right now.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***