or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4141

post #62101 of 79022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post





Awesome. The NST is made for the Plaza last. Great stuff Don:slayer:

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #62102 of 79022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Trying a different kind of fit pic today
Citishoes Cigar Captoes, Hampton Last
Maiden voyage



Will post more photos later today

Great combo!
post #62103 of 79022
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alden-Whiskey-Cordovan-Bal-Cap-Toe-10-5E-Aberdeen-last-/121187857738?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item1c375bf54a

Thought I would post the above link to a rare bird indeed (no idea who the seller is and these are not my size). I apologize if these were linked to already - I didn't have time just now to read the last 100 or so posts. A good Thursday to one and all.
post #62104 of 79022
Alcibiades: unipair's post shows why if you had to choose one or the other, color 8 with dark edge probably beats out color 8 with antique edge...

While I personally agree with this, I would take it one step further - those pics demonstrate why color 8 is, indeed, The King. biggrin.gif
post #62105 of 79022

Top notch, Don ... top notch. thumbs-up.gif
post #62106 of 79022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Trying a different kind of fit pic today
Citishoes Cigar Captoes, Hampton Last
Maiden voyage



Will post more photos later today

they look great! and pic provides context. fistbump.gif
post #62107 of 79022
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alden-Whiskey-Cordovan-Bal-Cap-Toe-10-5E-Aberdeen-last-/121187857738?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item1c375bf54a

Thought I would post the above link to a rare bird indeed (no idea who the seller is and these are not my size). I apologize if these were linked to already - I didn't have time just now to read the last 100 or so posts. A good Thursday to one and all.

 

Nice catch! Too bad they are not my size either!!! :-/

post #62108 of 79022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Leffot got a big size run restock of the color/8 alpine grain saddles, which IMO are one of the best makeups out there. They also got another pair of saddles.

Now only if Alden would ship the E width black longwings (apparently they were left out of the first shipment0

I am so tempted, Alcibiades ...
I have the color 4/black shell from J Gilbert, the color 8/suede from J Crew and a really nice vintage pair of saddles ... yet I am still tempted. decisions.gif
post #62109 of 79022
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenwear View Post

I am pretty confident that Alden NYC has brown calf plain toe voucher on double leather sole. Also, check Citishoes in NYC as well.

Cxl plain toe voucher is always single leather sole I believe. Many have the czl/single leather sole in "d" width - Alden dc, Alden San Fran, Sherman Bros, the ct store,
I don't think you are going to find a casual makeup like a brown CXL PTB on a double leather sole. The single flexible fits much better. Check Unionmade, Need Supply and Alden NYC as I think they all currently stock this
[/quote]

Here you go! Alden PTB CXL with a double sole

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens_plain_toe_blucher_brown_chrome_excel/pvc-ald-mxsdlp-95080_ald_m_plain_toe_blucher.html
post #62110 of 79022
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesssir View Post


Brown CXL would work! Where can I find them? The barrie last seems to work well for me. Thanks Aldenwear I will contact Alden NYC.

Edit. Preferably with the double leather sole and not the single flexible sole.[/quote]



Here you go! Alden PTB CXL with a double sole

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens_plain_toe_blucher_brown_chrome_excel/pvc-ald-mxsdlp-95080_ald_m_plain_toe_blucher.html
post #62111 of 79022
Quote:
Originally Posted by latestyle View Post
 

I wouldn't say they are unconfortable, just a bit snug on the outside of little toe. I think at this point I can still return them, but if I go out and wear them full time for a few days to see if they will perhaps conform to my foot, they will be mine to keep. Take the risk ? Thanks

I say keep them.  As you wear them more often, your feet will ever so slightly sink into the cork bed.  Shell cordovan does not stretch, but that sinking of the cork bed will make it feel as though it has stretched a little. That's been my experience with shells that felt a little snug out of the box.  As it turns out, it's been those shoes that have felt a little snug early on, that have been the most comfortable over the long run.  My calf LWBs felt awesome out of the box.  Now they feel a little too big, but still pretty good.

 

Has anyone here had a similar experience?

post #62112 of 79022
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettemike View Post


[/quote]

Here you go! Alden PTB CXL with a double sole

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens_plain_toe_blucher_brown_chrome_excel/pvc-ald-mxsdlp-95080_ald_m_plain_toe_blucher.html

 

The poster asked for a brown calf ptb with double leather sole and then said cxl would work.  

 

First, I am pretty sure that the link supplied is to shoes with waterlock sole, not leather sole.  Second, I suspect that the waterlock sole on those shoes is single, not double, waterlock.  I see no description describing the sole as double waterlock (or double leather) and I have the navy cxl version, which is among the choices available through the link you supply, and that is single waterlock sole.  Please correct me if I am wrong.  


Edited by aldenwear - 10/3/13 at 12:57pm
post #62113 of 79022
Started the day as usual: walking the hound. The color 8 Indys got the nod, along with my Made in Portland Smith & Bybee waxed canvas jacket:









post #62114 of 79022
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post
 

I say keep them.  As you wear them more often, your feet will ever so slightly sink into the cork bed.  Shell cordovan does not stretch, but that sinking of the cork bed will make it feel as though it has stretched a little. That's been my experience with shells that felt a little snug out of the box.  As it turns out, it's been those shoes that have felt a little snug early on, that have been the most comfortable over the long run.  My calf LWBs felt awesome out of the box.  Now they feel a little too big, but still pretty good.

 

Has anyone here had a similar experience?

 

 

I've had similar experiences.

post #62115 of 79022
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post
 

 

I put myself on a shoe freeze as I have a bunch of different pre-orders going right now, but those saddles are calling my name big time

GOD forbid the dreaded shoe freeze...  ugh!!  :crazy:  Pre-orders don't actually exist until they arrive.  And if you haven't paid full price, you haven't actually spent the money yet.  Thus, you do have the funds to buy the new saddles my friend.  (I sense weakness in this one...  Has my jedi mind trick worked yet?) :puzzled:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***