or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4139

post #62071 of 87694
No sazons. Just the glare from the sun.

(Sazons is the new SF term for "scuffs".) wink.gif


Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #62072 of 87694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

Photos are only repeated in this thread because people don't use spoilers, which can drive me nuts sometimes. I liked the J Crew Ravello LWBs that were posted recently, but I don't need to see the same 2 pictures quoted and re-quoted 5 times in a row.

I post mainly using Chrome on my iPhone. I can't figure out how to add a spoiler tag on mobile. Does anyone else know how?
post #62073 of 87694

ALDEN NEWBIE / WILL THEY FIT ?

 

Newbie......Just bought my first pair of Aldens.....I have a fitting question. I recently purchased a pair of Indy boots (pictured). Normally I wear an 11D. Joe at the Shoemart was a wealth of info, he spent the better part of 30 minutes with me on the phone. I was ready to pull the trigger on my first pair of 10.5 D's on the Trubalance last, color 8.  I asked him if they by chance had the boots in Cigar.....He had one pair in 10.5 C, and after much discussion he felt these might fit....So I purchased. Upon opening the box, they were more than I hoped for...really beautiful boots. I tried them on and they felt perfect in the length, but perhaps a tiny bit snug in the width, but not tight. I have worn the boots for an hour or two over 2 - 3 days inside the house. They seem to be getting a bit more comfortable, but still snug. QUESTION: Will they continue to perhaps stretch a bit in the width upon wearing them more full time ? Opinions please......I want to keep these !!!  Thanks to all- 

post #62074 of 87694
To be honest a well fitting pair of Indy boots can and should feel like the most comfortable shoes you've ever worn . Right out of the box . You owe it to yourself to have a pair like that
post #62075 of 87694
That last is so wide a fit on me. I think if they are even slightly uncomfortable then go a size up and get the 8. I read the consensus is 70-30 on shell doesn't stretch much.
post #62076 of 87694
Quote:
Originally Posted by latestyle View Post
 

ALDEN NEWBIE / WILL THEY FIT ?

 

Newbie......Just bought my first pair of Aldens.....I have a fitting question. I recently purchased a pair of Indy boots (pictured). Normally I wear an 11D. Joe at the Shoemart was a wealth of info, he spent the better part of 30 minutes with me on the phone. I was ready to pull the trigger on my first pair of 10.5 D's on the Trubalance last, color 8.  I asked him if they by chance had the boots in Cigar.....He had one pair in 10.5 C, and after much discussion he felt these might fit....So I purchased. Upon opening the box, they were more than I hoped for...really beautiful boots. I tried them on and they felt perfect in the length, but perhaps a tiny bit snug in the width, but not tight. I have worn the boots for an hour or two over 2 - 3 days inside the house. They seem to be getting a bit more comfortable, but still snug. QUESTION: Will they continue to perhaps stretch a bit in the width upon wearing them more full time ? Opinions please......I want to keep these !!!  Thanks to all- 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 


Cordovan does not stretch, so how they feel now is likely how they will continue to feel.  Indys are fundamentally workboots, so comfort is paramount.  What you are feeling is less-than-optimal fit.  

 

The question is whether they fit well enough for you to want to keep them.  It sounds from your description like the "d" width provides you the best fit for Indys.  These are great-looking boots, but they will never fit you as well as an Indy boot could or should.  

Solution:  If you really like these, keep them knowing they fit snug, and get a pair of Indys in the color 8 cordovan - the King of Cordovan -- in your proper size, 10.5D..  

post #62077 of 87694

I wouldn't say they are unconfortable, just a bit snug on the outside of little toe. I think at this point I can still return them, but if I go out and wear them full time for a few days to see if they will perhaps conform to my foot, they will be mine to keep. Take the risk ? Thanks

post #62078 of 87694
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

I post mainly using Chrome on my iPhone. I can't figure out how to add a spoiler tag on mobile. Does anyone else know how?

I switch between chrome and safari and tried it on chrome but it was like writing code. On a mobile device it seemed extremely complex.
post #62079 of 87694
latestyle, personally I don't feel that having a rare cigar coloured cordovan boot is more important than being optimally comfortable when on your feet. Besides, these boots are too expensive not to have the best fit possible. Don't make a big deal about it, they're just shoes. Pack them up, send them back, ask for a "D" width boot. Everyone on this Alden thread, myself included, has gone ape shit over trying to find the right sized shoe. Welcome to the club sir.
post #62080 of 87694
Quote:
Originally Posted by latestyle View Post

I wouldn't say they are unconfortable, just a bit snug on the outside of little toe. I think at this point I can still return them, but if I go out and wear them full time for a few days to see if they will perhaps conform to my foot, they will be mine to keep. Take the risk ? Thanks
I've kept shoes that were "just a bit snug on the outside of the little toe."
I wore them a couple of times, then I would reach for other shoes which didn't fit snug at all. After a few MONTHS of not wearing them I sold them. I'm sorry, believe me, I would also want to keep them.

I think you should return while you can, $700-$800 for shoes that don't fit perfectly would be a mistake.
post #62081 of 87694
Quote:
Originally Posted by latestyle View Post
 

I wouldn't say they are unconfortable, just a bit snug on the outside of little toe. I think at this point I can still return them, but if I go out and wear them full time for a few days to see if they will perhaps conform to my foot, they will be mine to keep. Take the risk ? Thanks

 

From what I have read the general consensus seems to be that cordovan will mold to your feet. My own experience has been this as well. I have not had a pair of unlined cordovan as of yet but those might be more pliable, although that is not your situation with the Indy boot.

 

If it were me, I would most likely keep them (particularly because I want a cigar Indy boot pretty bad and have not been able to find one for some time).  Without knowing exactly how you feel in the boot, I can tell you I have a pair NST color 8's that I was unsure of because of snugness and my heels definitely could not have handled an added width.  I would have described it similar to your post i.e. not uncomfortable or painful.  After wearing them for several days, they have molded to my feet and I find them to be very comfortable during the day (on occasion they are ever so slightly snug in the morning).  

 

Ultimately, as you know, the decision is yours but I have a feeling it might be worth the risk, especially for those babies.  Quite frankly if you end up returning them, and go for the color 8 it's still a win.  Alternatively you always have the option of selling them if it ultimately doesn't work out, you'll most likely take a hit to some degree but your pain tolerance (in the pocket or the foot) depends on the individual.

 

Good luck and wear them(whatever you may choose) in good health

post #62082 of 87694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnc View Post

I switch between chrome and safari and tried it on chrome but it was like writing code. On a mobile device it seemed extremely complex.

It's not that difficult, it just takes an extra few seconds. I mainly check SF on my iPhone and to add a spoiler you just have to type [ spoiler ] before the image and then [ / spoiler ] after the image. I had to add spaces in there otherwise it would have spoiler'd the middle of that sentence. When you type on your mobile device, don't include any spaces between the brackets or back slashes and it will work:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
like this! Typed out on my phone. I'm not actually expecting anybody to take the trouble to do this in this thread, but it couldn't hurt to pass some knowledge along smile.gif
post #62083 of 87694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnniegold View Post

No sazons. Just the glare from the sun.

(Sazons is the new SF term for "scuffs".) wink.gif

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
]

I'm finally famous for something! It's no "mac method" but I'll take it....
post #62084 of 87694
Leffot got a big size run restock of the color/8 alpine grain saddles, which IMO are one of the best makeups out there. They also got another pair of saddles.

Now only if Alden would ship the E width black longwings (apparently they were left out of the first shipment0
post #62085 of 87694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Leffot got a big size run restock of the color/8 alpine grain saddles, which IMO are one of the best makeups out there. They also got another pair of saddles.

Now only if Alden would ship the E width black longwings (apparently they were left out of the first shipment0

 

I put myself on a shoe freeze as I have a bunch of different pre-orders going right now, but those saddles are calling my name big time

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***