Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4124
Styleforum Top Picks
RTP: ..... For me, the color 8 shortwings will have to suffice. I've been on the fence for the wingtip boots as they are very similar to this shoe. Anyone have any thoughts??
For nearly every shell boot I own, I also own the corresponding shoe. If it's a style you like, go for it.
Thanks Seven. I have it queued up behind a couple of other models. (BB wingtip bals, straight tip blucher, and NST)
You will have to post how they turn out in reality. I have always really liked medallion cap toes and they look awesome in their pictures.
In terms of belt, I personally would get matching suede if possible. But that is just me, you probably could be able to pull off a leather belt though. I actually like the silver square buckles, so my preference is towards the AE belt. But if you like the Rancourt buckle better, jump on it. I know AE will switch the buckle for you if you want to get a different buckle. I can PM you a number to call to get it MTO (should be free if you refer to styleforum)...
Thanks for your comments Mike! Will certainly post fotos when they arrive. I'd appreciate the contact info … please PM me brother.
Lookin' good KWL! Love the socks. What pants are you wearing there? The lighting makes em look like waxed canvas.
Hello gentleman, lovely boots all-around. Purchased my first pair
of Aldens from ShoeMart. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Really liking them so far but the below pic has been nagging at me.
You'll notice the right boot's leather is...I'm not sure on the correct
term, "wrinkling" or aging differently. Is this to be expected?
On the one hand, they're work boots...on the other, they're
$500+ work boots (from ShoeMart).
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Congrats on some fine boots! What's the denim?
I was able to get the 25% on Alden cordovan shoes (wingtips) when I ordered online . The discount won't show up until the final page before you submit your order. Combine with 6% chase cashback and no tax shipped to NJ and you got yourself a pair of Alden Cordovan's new for just over $450. Hope some of you gents see this before its too late.
Some say you can get 30% during the corporate event - so this may not be the best price for Alden's at BB, but its pretty good IMO.
honestly, they're I believe some low grade lands end canvas chinos.. I'm probably the least dressiest member of this thread, so you'll frequently catch me in some horrible pants and Aldens
- ***The official Alden thread ***
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 21 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › ***SW&D Photography Thread*** 6 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 8 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 20 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 24 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 25 minutes ago
- › Official Golf Thread 38 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 45 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...