Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Black Park Ave 10.5 EE Drop (MacNeil and Aldens are sold) Last post on 1/2/12 at 7:39am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Alden x LeatherSoul Natty Longwings LWB 9D Last post on 1/20/13 at 2:12pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- My girlfriend just bought me these Alden LWB color 8! Show yours off! Last post on 11/30/12 at 10:35am in Classic Menswear
- *** FINAL PRICE DROP *** ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE SHELL CORDOVAN. EXCELLENT CONDITION. SIZE 9 Last post on 4/16/13 at 11:59am in Marketplace
- Allen Edmonds vs. Alden--Which American Great Do You Prefer?!! OFFICIAL Last post on 2/9/14 at 3:11pm in Classic Menswear
5 Tips to find the best pair of shoes for different occasion
Last edited: 1/2/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4104
Styleforum Top Picks
Yeaaaa boooooyeeeeeeeee! Let me tell you what tiiiiiiiiiiiiiime it eeeeeeizzzz!
That those boots evoke Flav is the great thing about them, not a detraction. Get your priorities straight and love them boots!
Enjoy those boots and thank you for making me laugh out loud after a long day.
Looking good! I just received mine today and look forward to lots of wear this fall. Surprised the fit is so different from the CXL and shell versions I have tried in the past. Would you say the fit has stayed "true" with these as they have been broken in?
I received a pair of snuff LHS from this seller today.....$200 with shipping and they look and feel great!
Looking forward to seeing the Leather Soul monk straps from the sale selller when I get back in the office tomorrow.
I was tempted to pick up the natural CXL NST's, but don't think my wallet can take any more this week!
takashi78, the LHS is onthe Van last, which just doesn't work for some folks, including me. Before I bought my first pair, I tried on at least five different sizes at Alden San Francisco (8E, 8.5D, 8.5E, 9C, 9D) before settling on an 8.5D (same as my Barrie size).
The problem is that the Van last is relatively shallow when measured from sole to vamp, and the strap can be pretty tight if you have higher than average arches. I've got medium-high arches and the LHS would just murder my feet by the end of the day. I scored some sweet whiskey LHS seconds from ShoeMart and tried really hard to break them in, but eventually had to sell them off.
For what it's worth, the Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren cordovan loafers (called either Darlton or Marlow) fit true to size and have a higher-volume, more forgiving fit. I picked up a pair and love them, though I am sorry they're not the classic color #8.
Thanks for the feedback guys.
I currently wear a this pair of loafers 8.5E on barrie and feels great.
Would be better on 8E i think but these were on sale.
And having Asian feet and i think i have high arches yes.
So is it worth to get the cordovan LHS loafer that Alden has?
Or are there any other cordovan loafer that Alden makes in barrie?
No tassels please.
Another pic taken from this forum as well. Exact model i have right now.
I think their online inventory is linked with the Alden DC store which creates some false hits.
- ***The official Alden thread ***
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 4 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 31 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 2 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 2 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 5 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 20140307: DocHolliday's White Shirt Blues 5 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 11 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › 5 Tips to find the best pair of shoes for... by mahnoormalik
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw