or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4069

post #61021 of 98971
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

#8 lwb
after work this time


This pic is really convincing me I need the stock 975 in my life.

You wear them so well!
post #61022 of 98971
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildstar View Post

Leffot Tankers:


Outstanding! I had convinced myself I didn't need them. I have similar boots, but wow are these nice.
post #61023 of 98971
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

This pic is really convincing me I need the stock 975 in my life.

You wear them so well!
Thanks sazon, I thought u just picked up leffot's version.
post #61024 of 98971
Quote:
Originally Posted by TactileOne View Post

Newest ebay score, Cigar LHS, ready for Mac method. Great purchase, brand new with box, shoe bags, even The Shoe Mart bag. Raining today, better pics tomorrow. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Lovely. Missed out recently on the pair Spoo sold on EBay. Second place, first loser. :-(

Wear in good health.
post #61025 of 98971
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonfoote303 View Post



Here are my Ranger Mocs in Loden green from Unionmade. I had some Vibram Christies put on and some brass eyelets added. I frickin love these things!

I'm really diggin' these. May I ask where you got the brass eyelets added? And how much?
post #61026 of 98971

Is there a way to get a 4065 style (so basically a pair of black shell cap toe boots) with full eyelets AND commando sole - every last considered?

 

 

Because on AoC, there is only one model with hooks and commando sole

and on theshoemart the full eyelet version but with double leather soles though

 

Thanks!

post #61027 of 98971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francks View Post

Is there a way to get a 4065 style (so basically a pair of black shell cap toe boots) with full eyelets AND commando sole - every last considered?


Because on AoC, there is only one model with hooks and commando sole
and on theshoemart the full eyelet version but with double leather soles though

Thanks!
I haven't seen one, but it sounds like a good makeup. I have the 4065 and I like it just the way it is. Maybe get the 4065 and have a commando put on or wait till the first resole?
post #61028 of 98971
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

I'm really diggin' these. May I ask where you got the brass eyelets added? And how much?

thanks! I got the soles and eyelets done at Pioneer Renewers in San Francisco. I honestly can't remember how much it cost - it was over a year ago. I thought it was quite reasonable at the time.
post #61029 of 98971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

My version of the shell rainbow: Alden "suit worthy shoes", black through whiskey. The cigar shoes are captoes on the Hampton last from Citishoes, hat tip to Shouldaville for posting that they had 10E available (my size)





One version has a black PTB and a ravello loafer, the other has a black NST and ravello longwing. I have held out on balmoral black as I have that in calfskin from Church's, but I may hand the calfskin down to my younger brother and jump into the perf toe...

 

Alcibiades, I love your cigar cap toes. Look delicious!

post #61030 of 98971
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


I haven't seen one, but it sounds like a good makeup. I have the 4065 and I like it just the way it is. Maybe get the 4065 and have a commando put on or wait till the first resole?

 

Yeah I thought about that. The problem is that I don't live in the US (Europe) so it would be difficult for me to send the pair back just for a sole. And I don't think I could find a cobbler able to put that kind of sole easily.

 
Actually I don't have any preference for eyelets over speed hooks. It's just that I heard some people here saying it could cause damage to hems.
post #61031 of 98971
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusttruffle View Post
 

 

thanks for the info.  Unfortunately your posts just makes it seem that the C width might work.  I have to go to the 8E in Barrie because in the 8D my toes hit the top edge of the shoe!

- just as you described - so I am faced with the choice of 8.5D which is a bit long, or an 8E which is a bit wide.  It would be a little indulgent to book a holiday in NY or SF *just* to try on a shoe in a very limited size ..... but perhaps not impossible ..... apparently there are other thing to do in NY other than try on shoes!

 

Yeah, looks like you're a C.  

 
I vote for my town, SFO.  It is a company store so they have a wide variety of sizes.  The service is excellent.  Also winter weather-wise nothing will beat the city by the bay.
post #61032 of 98971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

My version of the shell rainbow: Alden "suit worthy shoes", black through whiskey. The cigar shoes are captoes on the Hampton last from Citishoes, hat tip to Shouldaville for posting that they had 10E available (my size)
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


One version has a black PTB and a ravello loafer, the other has a black NST and ravello longwing. I have held out on balmoral black as I have that in calfskin from Church's, but I may hand the calfskin down to my younger brother and jump into the perf toe...

Excellent, reminds me of stevent's boot shell rainbow :slayer:

post #61033 of 98971

figured id throw up an updated collection, please excuse the natural surroundings lol

 

 

post #61034 of 98971

has any particular retailer ever done a cigar boot on commando in the past? wondering who I'd reach out to to try and get on a preorder..

 

thanks in advance

post #61035 of 98971
Great looking collection
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***