or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4061

post #60901 of 89619
Anyone have an email address of Alden D.C.? I couldn't find it on any Alden website.

Appreciate if you could share it here. Thanks!

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #60902 of 89619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeka View Post

Anyone have an email address of Alden D.C.? I couldn't find it on any Alden website.

Appreciate if you could share it here. Thanks!

 

Anyone have the phone number for Kathy? Is Yelp correct with the listing  (202) 347-2308 ?

post #60903 of 89619
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenwear View Post
 

 

Over thinking.  A correctly made pair of shoes you don't have to take to different places, put in different light, move from one side to another to change angles, squint, bounce on your feet while chanting your mantra to convince yourself they look good.  That pair consists of two shoes of two different colors.  If it walks like a duck, etc.

 
I, for one, would not pay good money for shoes that are obviously different and hope that some time in the future that I might get what I paid for.  I would be better off planning for my retirement by expecting to, by the beginning of the NBA season, grow 18 inches, lose decades of age and take LeBron James's job away from him.  

 

I disagree. Those shoes do not look that drastic to me. I think that there are natural occurrences and differences in leather

post #60904 of 89619

If I saw them in person I may disagree

post #60905 of 89619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rishi Kakar View Post

Friday king worn for over 2 years atleast twice a week and never waxed or reno'd Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



That-a-boy RK!  Lookin' great my friend; your kings are representing quite well...

post #60906 of 89619
Br, that's why I wanted to see them in natural light.IMO it isn't as pronounced. Still if they were color 8, calf, etc. I would return them. However I would not be inclined to return ravello. Should you have to accept less than first quality shoes? No, however the market being what it is, I would swallow the bitter pill. Just my .02
post #60907 of 89619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Speaking of brushes, I am replacing two old brushes... I have one Saphir brush I use with browns that I will keep. Do you guys have separate brushes for color 8 and black? I have always used the same brush for those two colors. And do people like the Alden branded brushes (I am sure they are just rebranded from another company).

FWIW, when it comes to polish, Saphir cordovan color 8 and black creams are good, but I prefer Alden's brown paste wax on cigar over the brown Saphir cordovan cream, it does a great job. The color 8 and black Alden paste waxes are pretty good as well.

(A) I use separate brushes for black, color 8, cigar, and ravello-whiskey (same brush)

(B) I MUCH prefer Alden's paste wax for cigar over brown Saphir cordovan cream... Saphir leaves a terrible film that I can't get rid of, regardless of how little/light I go with application.  I am going to try and clean them with Reno today unless anyone has any other recommendations. I would appreciate any advice here.

post #60908 of 89619
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenwear View Post
 

 

I have different brushes for each cordovan color shoe I have.  I have always had different brushes for black and color 8 cordovan shoes.  I got brushed dedicated to each color after the first pair of whiskey cordovan shoes I have darkened considerably after I first brushed it with the brush I had used on my color 8 shoes.  That brush had remnants of color 8 paste on it from its use on the color 8 shoes, which transferred to the whiskey shoes.  This would obviously happen if one things about it, and I felt silly for it not having occurred to me until after I had done 

 

Obviously, the implicit assumption behind my choice is that I don't want darker cordovan colors affecting the shade of the lighter-colored cordovan shoes.  If that does not matter to you, then you may make different brush choices.

I use the same brush for my ravello and whiskey with the hope that the whiskey darkens some.  However, I have not used any paste wax on any of these shoes just yet.

post #60909 of 89619
do you guys use different brushes for different types of leather, eg 1 for shell 8 and 1 for a burgandy color shoe?
post #60910 of 89619
Quote:
Originally Posted by brp2 View Post





 

I didn't think it was that big a deal until I saw these pics.  I would be pretty annoyed every time I looked down and saw two different shoes.  Good luck with this however you choose to proceed...

post #60911 of 89619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

leave the right shoe in the sun for an hour or two.

 

Definitely an interesting idea.   I'm not sure I'm willing to risk the uncertain outcome when these are still unworn, however.

Seems too risky to me.  You may not be able to exchange/return at that point.


Edited by ReppTiePrepster - 9/20/13 at 10:09am
post #60912 of 89619
That is the correct phone number. Email is washdc -at- aldenshoe.com (replace -at- with @, obviously)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenfan View Post

Anyone have the phone number for Kathy? Is Yelp correct with the listing  (202) 347-2308 ?
post #60913 of 89619
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAF-8AF View Post

That is the correct phone number. Email is washdc -at- aldenshoe.com (replace -at- with @, obviously)

 

Thank you Sir.

post #60914 of 89619
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenwear View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

it could be from two different dye batches, but it also looks like they sat in a shop window possibly and one pair was in the sun and the other wasn't.

 

that fading can happen even under store lights - one shoe is on display and the other isn't.  I suspect that is what happened here.

I seriously doubt it.  They haven't been in store long enough to do it.  Also, Alden DC and Kathy are not amateurs when it comes to storing and caring for their product.  If this were J Press, I would believe it (because I have actually seen how they have ruined some great pairs of shoes), but Alden DC, no way...

 

My guess is this QC from the factory.

post #60915 of 89619
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAF-8AF View Post

That is the correct phone number. Email is washdc -at- aldenshoe.com (replace -at- with @, obviously)

Thank you smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***