or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4060

post #60886 of 96676
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVK1 View Post

Sazon, as someone else who wears a 10.5D on the Allen Edmonds 5 last (based on your sales page for the Walnut Clouds!), what are your sizes in the various Alden lasts for shoes and boots?  Might save me a little trouble figuring things out!  Thanks!

Check your PMs
post #60887 of 96676
Well, the natural light seems to resolve it. Although the chukkas look similar is some photos, there's a substantial contrast in others.









post #60888 of 96676
leave the right shoe in the sun for an hour or two.
post #60889 of 96676
^^ For me, that is way too much of a color variance. They look like shoes from different pairs. I wonder if it could be fixed? If Alden could fix it, I'd explore that route before I give them up. I would not wear them like that.
post #60890 of 96676
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

^^ For me, that is way too much of a color variance. They look like shoes from different pairs. I wonder if it could be fixed? If Alden could fix it, I'd explore that route before I give them up. I would not wear them like that.

 

Yeah, it's likely too much for me too.  It's odd that the more brown of the shoes (the left) looks darker / less rich when inside at night, and much lighter when in certain lights outside.  I'll probably send an email with some of the photos and see what the thoughts are.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

leave the right shoe in the sun for an hour or two.

 

Definitely an interesting idea.   I'm not sure I'm willing to risk the uncertain outcome when these are still unworn, however.

post #60891 of 96676
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


But will they make me say "WOW" everytime I brush my shoes?

 

Edit.  Thought better of it.

post #60892 of 96676
it could be from two different dye batches, but it also looks like they sat in a shop window possibly and one pair was in the sun and the other wasn't.
post #60893 of 96676
Color variance between shoes annoys me more than any other common Alden flaw (I got rid of a pair of color 4 mainly for that issue; same with cigar longwings), so for me, those shoes are a return.
post #60894 of 96676
Quote:
Originally Posted by brp2 View Post
 

 

Yeah, it's likely too much for me too.  It's odd that the more brown of the shoes (the left) looks darker / less rich when inside at night, and much lighter when in certain lights outside.  I'll probably send an email with some of the photos and see what the thoughts are.

 

 

Definitely an interesting idea.   I'm not sure I'm willing to risk the uncertain outcome when these are still unworn, however.

The color variance in those chukkas is great and very noticeable.  I would not accept them that way in any fashion, first or second quality goods.  

 

I would return them, rarity of ravello or not.  Ravello is just a color that has some versatility and appeal.   Color 8 is just as, if not more, versatile and, to my mind, appealing.  It makes no sense to let ravello drive you to accept defective merchandise.  

 

If you are inclined to make it work,  I think the better advice is to contact Alden to see what can be done.  Rather than deliberately fade the shoes, I would get a refund or exchange them for good shoes.

post #60895 of 96676
just track down the person who bought the reversed pair and swap. i bet they post in this thread.

also sun darkens leather, not fades it.
post #60896 of 96676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

it could be from two different dye batches, but it also looks like they sat in a shop window possibly and one pair was in the sun and the other wasn't.

 

that fading can happen even under store lights - one shoe is on display and the other isn't.  I suspect that is what happened here.

post #60897 of 96676
Quote:
Originally Posted by brp2 View Post

Well, the natural light seems to resolve it. Although the chukkas look similar is some photos, there's a substantial contrast in others.









 

The pair on the chair makes them look almost identical. I sometimes wonder about the various light with which we examine/scrutinize shoes versus the factory light. I think in time they would likely becaome a very similar color

post #60898 of 96676
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

^^ For me, that is way too much of a color variance. They look like shoes from different pairs. I wonder if it could be fixed? If Alden could fix it, I'd explore that route before I give them up. I would not wear them like that.

I agree except in the 'chair shot' they look like a perfect match. I had no idea lighting could make such a dramatic difference in how the color variances are displayed.
post #60899 of 96676
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post
 

 

The pair on the chair makes them look almost identical. I sometimes wonder about the various light with which we examine/scrutinize shoes versus the factory light. I think in time they would likely becaome a very similar color

 

Over thinking.  A correctly made pair of shoes you don't have to take to different places, put in different light, move from one side to another to change angles, squint, bounce on your feet while chanting your mantra to convince yourself they look good.  That pair consists of two shoes of two different colors.  If it walks like a duck, etc.

 
I, for one, would not pay good money for shoes that are obviously different and hope that some time in the future that I might get what I paid for.  I would be better off planning for my retirement by expecting to, by the beginning of the NBA season, grow 18 inches, lose decades of age and take LeBron James's job away from him.  
post #60900 of 96676
I'd agree w/ the general consensus. I have a pair of Cigar LWBs w/ tonal differences far more slight than that, but even now over a year later it still gets at me sometimes. Color difference that drastic shouldn't be sold - they literally look like two separate shoes. Return them.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***