Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Black Park Ave 10.5 EE Drop (MacNeil and Aldens are sold) Last post on 1/2/12 at 7:39am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Alden x LeatherSoul Natty Longwings LWB 9D Last post on 1/20/13 at 2:12pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- My girlfriend just bought me these Alden LWB color 8! Show yours off! Last post on 11/30/12 at 10:35am in Classic Menswear
- *** FINAL PRICE DROP *** ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE SHELL CORDOVAN. EXCELLENT CONDITION. SIZE 9 Last post on 4/16/13 at 11:59am in Marketplace
- Allen Edmonds vs. Alden--Which American Great Do You Prefer?!! OFFICIAL Last post on 2/9/14 at 3:11pm in Classic Menswear
5 Tips to find the best pair of shoes for different occasion
Last edited: 1/2/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4040
Styleforum Top Picks
I am awaiting those as well. Really looking forward to them. Last I heard was September so hopefully they are still due within the next few weeks...
Ok, since nobody bought them, I am still haunted by this choice:
(1) Pay around $850 for the Frans Boone Plaza Boot (with nearly instant gratification) and either give up my $150 deposit on the Leffot Tankers or else buy them and sell them off when they finally come in 2014.
(2) Wait until 2014 and pay the remaining $600 for the Leffot Tankers, avoiding the issue above, saving money, and having plenty of time to responsibly budget for them.
Problems, problems, problems.
Are you kidding? Those are two different boots. You will love having them both. Get both. Wear both.
I like my shoes a lot, I really do. Having said that, there isn't one pair of shoes that I own that I would not immediately part with if someone offered me double the price I paid.
an excuse to not obsess over the scratches I put into a pair of grant lasted #8 boots when I accidentally bumped up against a wheeled-office chair whose wheel coverings protrude.
To my disbelief the deer bone did best to remove those fine set office chair scratches at the heal.
Thanks for sharing about this. I've thought about pulling the trigger on the deer bone, but it seemed to me to be a concrete confirmation of my pathetic relationship with these fetish objects--er, I mean, shoes. Not to mention, another thing for Dear Wife to make fun of.
You should definitely be able to get Vass shell for less than $1300. Mike from Epaulet is working on some group MTOs with Vass and their shell offerings should be in the $1100-$1150 range.
Yea, kind of crazy....I was on the list for ravello ptb from the NY store. I got a call last week that my size was available. I decided to pass on them, cool and "rare" as they may be. I had a ravello ptb on commando a couple years ago and just didnt wear them very often.
receiving a pair of this weeks ravello ptbs from madison today, I'll admit that I prefer the shade that my day trippers have. I'll assume the LWB I intend to pick up on thursday are going to be of the same, darker shade, so I'll be slightly disappointed. not disappointed enough to not wear them til the heels fall off, as I've been wanting/waiting on ravelo lwb for quite some time.
next, cigar lwb on antique. it never ends sigh
Tassels in color 8 today... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thank you my friend! Your naval boot is outstanding; enjoy them often and in the best of health!
- ***The official Alden thread ***
Styleforum Top Picks
- › NWT Kiton Shirt Size 15.5 1 minute ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 1 minute ago
- › Cigars 2 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 7 minutes ago
- › NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread 7 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 9 minutes ago
- › suede shoes - post 'em here! 10 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 11 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoe P0rn. 16 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › 5 Tips to find the best pair of shoes for... by mahnoormalik
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw