or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4017

post #60241 of 86676
More black

Black cordovan captoe boots, Grant last, double leather sole, all eyelets



Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #60242 of 86676
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post

Very very nice mdubs. I love those horsebit Aldens.

 

Thanks Tampa! I really like them as well... I have been eyeing them for a long time and then a pair BNIB in box appeared on eBay for around $100, so I pounced on them without thinking twice... Glad that I did, these are going to get some good use in... :-)

 

-Mike

post #60243 of 86676
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Thanks Tampa! I really like them as well... I have been eyeing them for a long time and then a pair BNIB in box appeared on eBay for around $100, so I pounced on them without thinking twice... Glad that I did, these are going to get some good use in... :-)

-Mike

Wow absolute KILLER deal. That was how I got my beefroll Alden pennies, however, mine needed a resole.
post #60244 of 86676

Since we are all being very appreciative of black shell this morning, I'll repost these pics that went unnoticed a few weeks ago during "Rare-Shell Appreciation Week".:rimshot:

 

 

 

 

post #60245 of 86676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

Since we are all being very appreciative of black shell this morning, I'll repost these pics that went unnoticed a few weeks ago during "Rare-Shell Appreciation Week".rimshot.gif








Bakes, those are very nice... I am seriously considering offloading my AE Park Avenues for these...

-Mike
post #60246 of 86676


Sunday shine party
post #60247 of 86676
Has anyone had to go tts in a trubalance lasted boot as I have had to with my barrie boots? I ask because I'm considering the TSM cordovan Indy boots with the commando soles. Thanks.
post #60248 of 86676
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

Has anyone had to go tts in a trubalance lasted boot as I have had to with my barrie boots? I ask because I'm considering the TSM cordovan Indy boots with the commando soles. Thanks.

 

I don't own any Barrie boots, although I will in a few days (I went TTS sight unseen/foot untried) but I can say compared to Barrie lasted shoes my truebalance Cordovan Indys in the same size feel larger, and if I had gone TTS I would have felt swallowed whole in them.

post #60249 of 86676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post
 

Since we are all being very appreciative of black shell this morning, I'll repost these pics that went unnoticed a few weeks ago during "Rare-Shell Appreciation Week".:rimshot:

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

Bakes, I doubt that your photos ever go unnoticed.

post #60250 of 86676
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusttruffle View Post
 

can Alden Restoration fix holes in linings?

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by REguy View Post

^ Yes

 

I talked to Bryan at LSBH and he said lining issues were a lot harder to fix. I sent my well loved #8 chukkas, that had substantial lining holes in the heels to Alden, and they were unable to fix them. Did you have a different experience, REguy?

post #60251 of 86676
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypomnema View Post



Sunday shine party

Man, those are some nice looking LWBs. I have about 8-10 shoes in my to shine queue.
post #60252 of 86676
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

Has anyone had to go tts in a trubalance lasted boot as I have had to with my barrie boots? I ask because I'm considering the TSM cordovan Indy boots with the commando soles. Thanks.

I would think they would be a bit too big. My Barrie feels snug down a half size while my Indys are roomy enough I can wear a thin insole.
post #60253 of 86676

My grandfather's 975s, nearly deplorable condition, no cracking in shell but the liner is cracked. They are going to Alden restoration but I will be highly surprised if Alden decides to take this project on. It would be nice to see them restored if only for sentimentality, even if they are past their useful life.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

#8 NST commando Plaza last, recently acquired from a fellow member.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

post #60254 of 86676
I've hardly had time to watch football with all the great photos being posted today. Congrats all around!

I'm intrigued by the idea of an Indy style boot on the Barrie last (nice pick up, ubiquiti). Here's a comparison of my color 8 Indy (Trubalance) and black shell Naval boot (Barrie).





post #60255 of 86676
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestbash View Post

My grandfather's 975s, nearly deplorable condition, no cracking in shell but the liner is cracked. They are going to Alden restoration but I will be highly surprised if Alden decides to take this project on. It would be nice to see them restored if only for sentimentality, even if they are past their useful life.

Awesome duo you've got there, vestbash. I hope Alden takes on the restoration project.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***