or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4012

post #60166 of 99249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Six View Post

I thought LS was sold out of the Plaza wingtip boots. Not so?

Are those blue suede SWB on Barrie?

Yep, Barrie.

They had a table full of Lobbs and EG 50% if you want suede. Pretty limited sizes. Mostly elfin.
post #60167 of 99249
A few people remarked at how dark these cigar captoes looked - Here is a photo out in low sunlight. These are among my most complimented shoes (probably top 2 or 3)

AppleMark

AppleMark
post #60168 of 99249
^^very nice are those on the Grant last? , DC makeup ? I thought DC had a double leather sole , very nice with Commando.
post #60169 of 99249
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Six View Post

I thought LS was sold out of the Plaza wingtip boots. Not so?

Are those blue suede SWB on Barrie?

Their website can be misleading I feel, and there are usually a few sale Aldens in store they just say there aren't if you email / call and they don't know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Yep, Barrie.

They had a table full of Lobbs and EG 50% if you want suede. Pretty limited sizes. Mostly elfin.

Thanks, gents. I'll inquire about the boots. Sadly, elfin sizes won't work.
post #60170 of 99249
Quote:
Originally Posted by epc2 View Post

^^very nice are those on the Grant last? , DC makeup ? I thought DC had a double leather sole , very nice with Commando.

Yes, grant last from Alden DC. I believe all of Alden DC's grant lasted captoes have commando soles (they have black, color 8 and cigar).
post #60171 of 99249
Color 8 Ranger Moccs. Lace up Van last fits quite well.








post #60172 of 99249
Quote:
Originally Posted by g.michael View Post

Just received from JGilbert--Black Shell Medallion Toe Oxford--Plaza Last:
Alden does a great job for JGilbert (despite the stray thread by the laces on the right shoe). They look even better in person and the fit seems to be right on for my first pair on Plaza last.






Like all new shells, I hate to put the first crease in these, but they are shoes after all.

Thank you for posting these pictures. You encouraged me to snag these off the shoemart seconds list. That makes 5 pairs of Alden shell for me in the last two months - time to subscribe to the no purchases thread.
post #60173 of 99249
Nice ranger mocs. Frans Boone has a crepe soled version I am interested in but I don't want to pay ~$800 for it
post #60174 of 99249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Nice ranger mocs. Frans Boone has a crepe soled version I am interested in but I don't want to pay ~$800 for it

Thanks Alcibiades. I have a chamois Ranger with crepe sole and it's a nice combo. But the color 8 version is so nice. Someone mentioned a while back that they would like to see an unlined shell Ranger - honestly that would be the only thing (for me) that could improve this shoe. It also feels a bit narrower than my non-shell Ranger. I've noticed a few Ranger pics online where it sometimes appears quite wide.
post #60175 of 99249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

A few people remarked at how dark these cigar captoes looked - Here is a photo out in low sunlight. These are among my most complimented shoes (probably top 2 or 3)
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
AppleMark

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
AppleMark

 

That DC makeup is a fantastic boot.  I've had my name on a list for those for a while and would love a pair as nice and versatile as that.

post #60176 of 99249
Anyone have a Shoe Mart seconds list in 10D?
post #60177 of 99249
I finally got some Renovateur on these guys and they look even better than before. There's a slight tear in the shell at the penny slot but that just givesbthe she character. Would any of you guys see if Alden would repair that? I doubt its worth my time - plus like I said they have character.

post #60178 of 99249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Yes, grant last from Alden DC. I believe all of Alden DC's grant lasted captoes have commando soles (they have black, color 8 and cigar).

When I was on the phone with Alden DC last week I think she mentioned they had at least one of the cigar boots still in stock, but she said it was an E width so I didn't have her confirm availability.
post #60179 of 99249
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEE88 View Post

When I was on the phone with Alden DC last week I think she mentioned they had at least one of the cigar boots still in stock, but she said it was an E width so I didn't have her confirm availability.

Do you know the price?of the DC Cigar?
post #60180 of 99249
Quote:
Originally Posted by epc2 View Post

Do you know the price?of the DC Cigar?

Sorry, no.
We were brainstorming after she confirmed the Ravello LWB wasn't going to be available for me. As soon as I heard "E" I declined and we moved on.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***