or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 41

post #601 of 98620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post
revello is definitely nice, although I still think whisky is king

because of the colour or the rarity?
post #602 of 98620
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
because of the colour or the rarity?

I just love the color.
post #603 of 98620
Finally got my Indy's after a couple of months of wait.
They are beautiful but are quite heavy.

post #604 of 98620
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post
Finally got my Indy's after a couple of months of wait.
They are beautiful but are quite heavy.

Very nice. Leather Soul Hawaii?
post #605 of 98620
^^^ Those are standard Indys.
post #606 of 98620
Two questions:

1. What is the arch support like on the Barrie last? I love the modifieds but alas the style I want may be available on only the Barrie.

2. Is there a lighter color than "medium tan?". I specifically ordered a whiskey medallion from Moulded Shoe and was surprised at how dark it was.
post #607 of 98620
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post
^^^ Those are standard Indys.
Very nice. Thank you.

PS: Do you use shoe trees with an Indy boot?
post #608 of 98620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahab View Post
Very nice. Thank you.

PS: Do you use shoe trees with an Indy boot?

Usually. I just use regular shoe trees though.
I don't have any boot specific ones.
post #609 of 98620
I haven't been around for a while, but I recently went Alden whiskey shell crazy. I figured it was time to post some pictures:


Whiskey shell NST


Whiskey shell Indy boot from LeatherSoul (Thanks Tom for encouraging irresponsible spending!)


Whiskey shell chukka


Indy boot collection
Back row: whiskey, #8, and cigar shell
Front row: newer 405, older 405 (most recently used in some polishing experiments)


#8 Indy boot before Alden refurbishing


#8 Indy boot after refurbishing (though I did ask them not to change the color)
post #610 of 98620
Insane!
post #611 of 98620
WOW, those before and after pictures are incredible!
post #612 of 98620
Quote:
Originally Posted by amlai View Post
I haven't been around for a while, but I recently went Alden whiskey shell crazy. I figured it was time to post some pictures:

Those are great pictures, did you pick up the NST at the Shoe Mart? I have been dreaming of them and their $675 pricetag for a while.
post #613 of 98620
arch support on the Barrie is decent but nothing like the modified, which by any standards is very high. If you need modified type arch support nothing else will do.

whiskey varies from quite light (see this thread) to approaching revello mid-tan. In Alden there is no lighter color though Ron Rider I believe was making some in a color called "natural" that some likened to scrotum. Too pink for most people's taste. getting to a color that transparent requires perfection that is hard to find in natural hides.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vezatron View Post
Two questions:

1. What is the arch support like on the Barrie last? I love the modifieds but alas the style I want may be available on only the Barrie.

2. Is there a lighter color than "medium tan?". I specifically ordered a whiskey medallion from Moulded Shoe and was surprised at how dark it was.
post #614 of 98620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxnard View Post
Those are great pictures, did you pick up the NST at the Shoe Mart? I have been dreaming of them and their $675 pricetag for a while.

Yes, I did pick up the NST at the ShoeMart. However, I waited for months on backorder before they canceled my order saying that they didn't know if it would ever come in. Then, they suddenly contacted me and said that an order was coming, but it would be around 6 months. I think I waited a total of about a year to get them.
post #615 of 98620
^ i have the same NST in cigar, great shoe..got them about a year ago w/out a wait
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***